GOP strategy - disrupted Dem town hall meetings

only if its a political meeting talking about poltics that relate to how govt interacts with the people.

If its that type of thing then its our right and duty to speak up if we agree or disagree with what is going on so our representatives know we approve or dissaprove of their ideas.

Do you accept code pink's tactics or when cindy sheehan protested outside of bush's home? If you do then you shouldn't have a problem with what this thread is discussing.

The only problem is the double standard.

Yell on the front porch = arrest.

Organize an entire group of people to go yell at a meeting and cause people to be uneasy........freedom of speech.

Lousy, double standard pieces of shit.
it is incredibly dishonest for you to claim it as just that
it was causing a PUBLIC disturbance

Yes dumbass, the cop judged that because seven people heard Gates yell, it was a public disturbance. Seven people. It's in the report.

Now explain how yelling and shouting with the expressed intent of causing uneasiness and confusion in a room of 150 people is somehow less of a disturbance.

If you can't yell at a cop in front of seven people, you can't yell at a congressman in front of 150 people. This is pretty fucking simple logic.

Take away the yelling, shouting, and instructions to interupt the speaker and the memo is fine. It is anyone's right to be heard, the meetings allow for public questions and comments. They usually provide a microphone so you don't have to yell, shout and try to change the "tone" of the meeting. It is called civil discourse. What makes it civil is the use of civilized communication, not agressive behavior such as yelling and shouting.

Were you raised by fucking wolves? Most decent people teach their off spring not to yell and shout as a means of communication.

The only problem is the double standard.

Yell on the front porch = arrest.

Organize an entire group of people to go yell at a meeting and cause people to be uneasy........freedom of speech.

Lousy, double standard pieces of shit.

Yes dumbass, the cop judged that because seven people heard Gates yell, it was a public disturbance. Seven people. It's in the report.

Now explain how yelling and shouting with the expressed intent of causing uneasiness and confusion in a room of 150 people is somehow less of a disturbance.

If you can't yell at a cop in front of seven people, you can't yell at a congressman in front of 150 people. This is pretty fucking simple logic.

Take away the yelling, shouting, and instructions to interupt the speaker and the memo is fine. It is anyone's right to be heard, the meetings allow for public questions and comments. They usually provide a microphone so you don't have to yell, shout and try to change the "tone" of the meeting. It is called civil discourse. What makes it civil is the use of civilized communication, not agressive behavior such as yelling and shouting.

Were you raised by fucking wolves? Most decent people teach their off spring not to yell and shout as a means of communication.
again, you mischaractorize both situations
you are completely dishonest

Poppy cock. You are very limited and moderated at the town hall meetings. THis is even made clear in the memo. You rattle on for more than 5 or 6 sentences and you get cut off. Don't sit down and shut up and it's "don't tase me bro!".

geezus...not at the immigration "meetings" we have had out here....people get ...PISSED...and do plenty of yelling....unless someone starts the pushing and shoving...it goes on.....

Indeed. He's way off base. You have way more 'freedoms' in volume and content in a public forum than private. He's just trying to equate the two and he loses.

Bullshit. My rights on my property exceed anything in public.

There is nothing dishonest there. COmes directly from both sources.

Gates was arrested due to seven people described in the police report that heard him yelling. That's it. If you want to enter the cops personal feelings about the situation, fine. That's an honest conversation that would really get to the heart of why Gates was arrested. It's not against the law to shout from your front porch. Not anymore than it is to go to a public meeting with an entire group who plans to yell and shout at a speaker, interupt him and make him uneasy.

You're a shitty excuse for an American. You pick and chose who you feel deserves the right to speak and when.

Gates was arrested due to seven people described in the police report that heard him yelling. That's it. If you want to enter the cops personal feelings about the situation, fine. That's an honest conversation that would really get to the heart of why Gates was arrested. It's not against the law to shout from your front porch. Not anymore than it is to go to a public meeting with an entire group who plans to yell and shout at a speaker, interupt him and make him uneasy.

You're a shitty excuse for an American. You pick and chose who you feel deserves the right to speak and when.
no, thats you
you fucking moron

no, thats you
you fucking moron

The short answers don't work.

If you have a relevant thought and you can articulate it, that is the way to respond.

You strike me as the type to yell and shout when you don't have anything useful to say.

blfloridagopmob.htm

oh the horror! shades of the GOP's tactics in Florida 2000 & the good old days of Richard Foulmouth Nixon

This angry mob, which successfully stopped the recount in Miami-Dade County during the 2000 election standoff, was portrayed by the media as an uprising by Florida voters.

Here are the identities of the protesters:

1. Tom Pyle, policy analyst, office of House Majority Whip Tom DeLay (R-Tex.).
2. Garry Malphrus, majority chief counsel and staff director, House Judiciary subcommittee on criminal justice.
3. Rory Cooper, political division staff member at the National Republican Congressional Committee.
4. Kevin Smith, former House Republican conference analyst and more recently of Voter.com.
5. Steven Brophy, former aide to Sen. Fred D. Thompson (R-Tenn.), now working at the consulting firm KPMG.
6. Matt Schlapp, former chief of staff for Rep. Todd Tiahrt (R-Kan.), now on the Bush campaign staff in Austin.
7. Roger Morse, aide to Rep. Van Hilleary (R-Tenn.).
8. Duane Gibson, aide to Chairman Don Young (R-Alaska) of the House Resources Committee.
9. Chuck Royal, legislative assistant to Rep. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.).
10. Layna McConkey, former legislative assistant to former Rep. Jim Ross Lightfoot (R-Iowa) now at Steelman Health Strategies.

Last edited:
question the policies of this President and his administration, because if you do you must be a right wing lunatic or they throw the race card at you. Don't be fooled by this, these are moderate and conservative democrats, republicans and independents who are very concerned about the out of control spending that this President is inflicting on us and future generations. If you think that this is just right wing lunatics, then answer why the 16 point drop in Obama's polling numbers. These polls did not just call right wing republicans, they did everyone. I am betting that by the time congress returns from recess he will be down another 10 points.

They are also pissed, as am I, about the 800 BILLION dollar no stimulus stimulus bill that no-one read before they signed it. The 480 BILLION dollar Omnibus bill he signed with 9,000 earmarks. The cap and trade, ( our next fight) that will destroy millions more American jobs. The health care plan that will essentially eliminate over time all private insurance, that is, of course, unless you are a congressman, senator or President, they will have their own very superior health care, one in which the average American will not be entitled to. Health care needs reform not a takeover by a bunch of intellectual eletist dummies who could not make a profit out of a neighborhood lemonade stand.

I hope that all you conservatives and moderates who think the same way attend your local town hall meetings. I think my senator is too afraid to show up, but if he does I am going to be there.

Obama has awoken the sleeping giant. The silent majority will be silent no more.

Lobbyists organizing disruptive tactics at town hall meetings is extraordinarily lame.
so far, i havent seen any proof any lobbyist had anything to do with it

You're right. My bad. Freedomworks is not a lobby group.

Any group, left or right, that organizes disruption is lame.
well, if the memo in the OP is authentic, they are not asking for disruptions either

question the policies of this President and his administration, because if you do you must be a right wing lunatic or they throw the race card at you. Don't be fooled by this, these are moderate and conservative democrats, republicans and independents who are very concerned about the out of control spending that this President is inflicting on us and future generations. If you think that this is just right wing lunatics, then answer why the 16 point drop in Obama's polling numbers. These polls did not just call right wing republicans, they did everyone. I am betting that by the time congress returns from recess he will be down another 10 points.

They are also pissed, as am I, about the 800 BILLION dollar no stimulus stimulus bill that no-one read before they signed it. The 480 BILLION dollar Omnibus bill he signed with 9,000 earmarks. The cap and trade, ( our next fight) that will destroy millions more American jobs. The health care plan that will essentially eliminate over time all private insurance, that is, of course, unless you are a congressman, senator or President, they will have their own very superior health care, one in which the average American will not be entitled to. Health care needs reform not a takeover by a bunch of intellectual eletist dummies who could not make a profit out of a neighborhood lemonade stand.

I hope that all you conservatives and moderates who think the same way attend your local town hall meetings. I think my senator is too afraid to show up, but if he does I am going to be there.

Obama has awoken the sleeping giant. The silent majority will be silent no more.

I just shortened a very long response:

Were you happier when your gasoline was jumping by a dollar a gallon on sporadic days?

No worse than those pink shirted bozos who interrupted Congressional hearings and other political town hall meetings during the last administration. I believe they were all bussed in by the DNC.

I'm glad that they shouted down those 2 a-holes...AMERICA DOES NOT WANT ANOTHER DEMOCRAT ENTITLEMENT PROGRAM that will end up causing America to go broke.

well, if the memo in the OP is authentic, they are not asking for disruptions either

Actually, the memo instructs them to interupt the meetings with shouting and yelling. The stated intent is to "stagger" the speakers and make them "uneasy". The memo says in specific to shout and yell out before the time for questions. A disruption by the very definition of the word. - To interrupt the normal course or unity of - . The fact that thee is a disclaimer type statement about being dispruptive, it is counter to the instructions given and the definition of the very word "disruption". They are clearly being directed on how to create a mild disturbance.

Whether or not you agree with their right to create that disturbance is another matter. Forget that for a moment and read the dang memo. It's not an assasination plot for God sake. It's a "playbook", so it even calls itself, for creating a disrturbance at a meeting. I for one, whole heartedly agree with their right to create this distrubance and even more. Maybe their mama didn't teach them any better than to yell at each other.

Lobbyists organizing disruptive tactics at town hall meetings is extraordinarily lame.

and it doesnt do their credidability any good....usually comes back to bite them in the ass....

Forum List

Back