GOP tax bill: AT&T, Boeing among corporations rewarding employees

AT&T isnt losing a damn dime they can afford to dole out the cash because they're making no telling how much more

dumbasses

AT&T isnt losing a damn dime they can afford to dole out the cash because they're making no telling how much more

dumbasses

Yep, and with Net Neutrality killed, they will be able to make that money back in no time once they find some ways to screw people.

"This isn't tax reform. It's highway robbery.

This secret, rushed, partisan tax bill in no way truly "reforms" the system. It makes the middle class foot the bill for a big tax cut for the top that explodes the deficit. What we need to "reform" is Congress—and that's what we'll do in the midterms." - fighting words from Unhinged Tim Kaine

Oh Wow! Awesome... that's ONE company out of millions.

Yeah, those 200k employees would have been much better off without that extra $1,000 + in their pockets.

Let me leave this video right here.

You are free to give your tax cuts back if you disapprove.

Let me leave this link right here.

Bureau of the Fiscal Service - Gifts to the U.S. Government

You remember that $400+ one time stimulus payment that Obama gave out? Yeah well it was proven it really didn't do much. Sure what AT&T did is nice on the surface, but a raise that last longer would be a whole lot better.

And see, this is why the left needs to be shut out of the room with the door locked when proposing economic policy in Washington. You people talk out both sides of your ass. You piss, moan, and bitch nonstop about corporate greed on the one hand, then on the other when a major corporate entity spreads the wealth among the rank and file, exactly what you claim to want, you piss, moan, and bitch about that too. You people are never satisfied no matter what you are given. You are perpetual whiners and complainers and that is why you are to be ignored by society.

Yeah, those 200k employees would have been much better off without that extra $1,000 + in their pockets.

You remember that $400+ one time stimulus payment that Obama gave out? Yeah well it was proven it really didn't do much. Sure what AT&T did is nice on the surface, but a raise that last longer would be a whole lot better.

I thought the Left just loved the idea of increasing demand with all sorts of ideas to redistribute money downward. I'm pretty sure they heartily approved of that $400 Obama stimulus, right? So now it's a bad idea?

dumbasses

Yep, and with Net Neutrality killed, they will be able to make that money back in no time once they find some ways to screw people.

AT&T banks $125 Billion a year -- their tax rate falls from 35% , lets say just 5% to 30%

$1000 bucks x 200,000 is pissant change to them now..

typical bumbass RW's, throw them a crumb they think they got a whole cake

STUPID ASS SUCKERS

And see, this is why the left needs to be shut out of the room with the door locked when proposing economic policy in Washington. You people talk out both sides of your ass. You piss, moan, and bitch nonstop about corporate greed on the one hand, then on the other when a major corporate entity spreads the wealth among the rank and file, exactly what you claim to want, you piss, moan, and bitch about that too. You people are never satisfied no matter what you are given. You are perpetual whiners and complainers and that is why you are to be ignored by society.

Wrong. I just explained why the one time payment is just a PR stunt and doesn't really stimulate the economy. Now your just blowing smoke out your ass.

I thought the Left just loved the idea of increasing demand with all sorts of ideas to redistribute money downward. I'm pretty sure they heartily approved of that $400 Obama stimulus, right? So now it's a bad idea?

It's a bad idea because it was proven that it didn't work. They didn't know it wouldn't work when they proposed it. See that's how things work in real life... you don't know if it works if there is no precedent to compare it to.

And secondly, I'm NOT from the left... as much as you are a Trumptard.

Wrong. I just explained why the one time payment is just a PR stunt and doesn't really stimulate the economy. Now your just blowing smoke out your ass.

GET IN LINE !!

EVERYONE knows damn well 200,00o people are going to go start a business now with a one time bonus ...

es

This is where Trump is head and shoulders above all other presidents, it's his business background. Most wouldn't even have heard Schumers attacks on AT&T re: the tax break they are already getting, Trump follows it all, he's a sponge and he exploits the immediate news that others see.

The first thing he does I imagine is pick up the phone, call AT&T and ask the CEO, "did you see that speech by Schumer? What's your response, I will give it directly to the American people". Boom. Whether they planned it or not, $1000 for 200,000 people and $1B to be spent next year.

So now, not only does Trump counter Schumer from the horses mouth, but he probably gains votes from AT&T employees. Bloody genius stuff.

Look, if you are going to outsmart Trump, it has to be well planned and irrefutable If the Dems were smart they would have pulled some votes over to this tax cut plan. It leaves them absolutely NO room for movement now, they are officially the party against tax cuts. They will say "this was a cut for the rich" but yet, for the last 8 years they laid $10T on thebacks of future generations and put forwar exactly zero tax cuts.

I don't know what the future holds, but I pray for the worlds sake that the Democrats stop bending down to their big donors in NY and Cali and move to the middle, they are looking more and more like Bernie. It almost makes one start to miss Hillary..

This secret, rushed, partisan tax bill in no way truly "reforms" the system. It makes the middle class foot the bill for a big tax cut for the top that explodes the deficit. What we need to "reform" is Congress—and that's what we'll do in the midterms." - fighting words from Unhinged Tim Kaine

Trump may be a total dick, but if the US economy growth nears 4% and people get more money in their pockets thanks to that tax bill the more people enter or come back to the job market then it's hard to see how the democrats have anything to run on in 2018 and 2020.

I'm pretty sure the 200,000 employees aren't going to see it your way.

This is where Trump is head and shoulders above all other presidents, it's his business background. Most wouldn't even have heard Schumers attacks on AT&T re: the tax break they are already getting, Trump follows it all, he's a sponge and he exploits the immediate news that others see.

The first thing he does I imagine is pick up the phone, call AT&T and ask the CEO, "did you see that speech by Schumer? What's your response, I will give it directly to the American people". Boom. Whether they planned it or not, $1000 for 200,000 people and $1B to be spent next year.

So now, not only does Trump counter Schumer from the horses mouth, but he probably gains votes from AT&T employees. Bloody genius stuff.

Look, if you are going to outsmart Trump, it has to be well planned and irrefutable If the Dems were smart they would have pulled some votes over to this tax cut plan. It leaves them absolutely NO room for movement now, they are officially the party against tax cuts. They will say "this was a cut for the rich" but yet, for the last 8 years they laid $10T on thebacks of future generations and put forwar exactly zero tax cuts.

I don't know what the future holds, but I pray for the worlds sake that the Democrats stop bending down to their big donors in NY and Cali and move to the middle, they are looking more and more like Bernie. It almost makes one start to miss Hillary..

Oh, I wouldn't go THAT far. But it's hard to see how the Dems can go to the American people and say vote for us cuz we'll do better than Trump did for you.

I'm pretty sure the 200,000 employees aren't going to see it your way.

They don't have to see it "my way." The proof is already out there. It doesn't work. They'd been better off getting a .50 cent an hour raise each, than getting a one time payment. But some people aren't smart enough to realize that... and that's why so many people live paycheck to paycheck.

Trump may be a total dick, but if the US economy growth nears 4% and people get more money in their pockets thanks to that tax bill the more people enter or come back to the job market then it's hard to see how the democrats have anything to run on in 2018 and 2020.
I think most Americans would love to see the economy booming and the nation not at war. That is all Trump needs to do.

Forum List

Back