GOP/Tea Party losing the business community's support

kiwiman127

Comfortably Moderate
Oct 19, 2010
4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
It seems that the GOP and more precisely the far right element (Tea Party) have gone too extreme for the business community. The business community says they have little control over this faction within the GOP.
So it appears that candidates for the Tea Party won't being getting any support financially from that sector. Ouch!
Business Groups See Loss of Sway Over House G.O.P.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/10/us/business-groups-see-loss-of-sway-over-house-gop.html?_r=0
Being anti-establishment is one thing, being out of touch with reality is another thing.

Obama is the most extreme person in government. How much controll does the buisness community have with his intractability? The tea party people love their country. You liberals don't - that is why you want to change it.

We have a republic in this country as to your sig.

Obama is the most extreme person in government. How much controll does the buisness community have with his intractability? The tea party people love their country. You liberals don't - that is why you want to change it.

We have a republic in this country as to your sig.

I would call that response a diversion from the OP.
First of all, I'm not an Obama supporter. I wrote in Jon Huntsman for prez on my 2012 ballot and vote GOP for my US Representative (He's a moderate).
Secondly, in a poll earlier this year, a majority in a Pew poll deemed the GOP as being too extreme and that included Republicans who felt that way (moderate Republicans, no doubt).
It's like the Tea party folks saying that a default to our debt won't hurt the US,,now that's extreme. It's obvious that even Republican business leaders disagreed with that bizarre statement let alone a vast majority of economists.
I don't support Obama like many people but we sure know who the extremist are in Washington and thus the fading away of the Tea Party's financial backers, plus the fact that several polls showing the approval rating for the Tea Party at record lows.
Finally, regarding my sig. The working middle class has been getting fucked over for overall three decades in regards to wages. Ever wonder why the last three recessions have taken much much longer to recover from than previous recessions? Over 70% of the US economy is driven by consumer spending and the working class is the consumer class, but there expendable income has shrunk thanks to flat wages.
America was much more economically stable when the middle class was strong and now it's not and the US economy is paying the price.
Prove me wrong.

The tea party people love their country. You liberals don't - that is why you want to change it.

Oh please.
I disagree with the far left as well ... but trying to claim agreeing with your polictical bent = love of country.

How moronic

Forum List

Back