GOP whimpering about media already

how many fox news personnel have moderated presidential debates?

....a rough number will do......
To my knowledge none. Both sides have to agree on the moderator and for obvious reasons the GOP doesn't want a FOX news commentator moderating. It would do them more harm that good.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I think the GOP would give their left nut to have a FOX news commentator moderating. Especially if they replaced people like Candy Crowly and George Stephanopoulos. I don't think O'Reilly or Hannity would be in the running for moderator but certainly Bill Chrystal, Brit Hume, Megan Kelly, Charles Krauthammer, Greta Van Sustern might be.

Britt Hume, definitely yes.

anyway, this has been one of the more instructive and revealing threads around for a while, :eusa_hand:

now in all seriousness, notice how the folks whom have have had a lock on every single slot for every single presidential debate, since day 1, ( I mean having a moderator moderate a pres. debate who is writing a book on the prez...I mean come on, seriously? :lol:) how many chances has that added up to? 30? 40? 100?

yet when you even question that paradigm they get all antsy and start their trademark splenetic gobbledegook :lol: unreal, you have to possess a special kind of head up the ass my crap don't stink holier than thou mindset to get worked up because someone even questions your absolute franchise...I mean how dare us for asking..:eusa_shhh:

and then of course when you mention that obama edwards and hillary took a powder on a Fox debate....huh? what? :eusa_shifty:

:lol:

To my knowledge none. Both sides have to agree on the moderator and for obvious reasons the GOP doesn't want a FOX news commentator moderating. It would do them more harm that good.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I think the GOP would give their left nut to have a FOX news commentator moderating. Especially if they replaced people like Candy Crowly and George Stephanopoulos. I don't think O'Reilly or Hannity would be in the running for moderator but certainly Bill Chrystal, Brit Hume, Megan Kelly, Charles Krauthammer, Greta Van Sustern might be.

anyway, this has been one of the more instructive and revealing threads around for a while, :eusa_hand:

now in all seriousness, notice how the folks whom have have had a lock on every single slot for every single presidential debate, since day 1, ( I mean having a moderator moderate a pres. debate who is writing a book on the prez...I mean come on, seriously? :lol:) how many chances has that added up to? 30? 40? 100?

yet when you even question that paradigm they get all antsy and start their trademark splenetic gobbledegook :lol: unreal, you have to possess a special kind of head up the ass my crap don't stink holier than thou mindset to get worked up because someone even questions your absolute franchise...I mean how dare us for asking..:eusa_shhh:

and then of course when you mention that obama edwards and hillary took a powder on a Fox debate....huh? what? :eusa_shifty:

Sure, Britt Hume, fair and balanced. :cuckoo:

Of course Drivebymedia is a dipshit...but there is something to this.

I heard Priebs touting this on Dennis Millers radio show.

(This is from CNN, but this is also exactly what I heard):
One idea he mentioned was instituting a penalty system in which candidates for the nomination would lose a percentage of delegates if they participated in a debate not sanctioned by the RNC.

GOP chief plans major overhaul to party - CNN.com
Translation:
The GOP establishment wants total control of who is allowed to debate.

If they want Romney, they'll give you Romney, and you'LL f'ing like it!

They can't have just any candidate out there debating...how can they shove another RINO down your throat if you have...:mad:...other choices!
Don't be fooled, this is the game plan, cloaked in rhetoric.

The GOP establishment hope they can pull the wool over your eyes by ringing the "liberal media" bell and expecting you, their base, to immediately salivate.

Don't dance to their tune.

That might be an issue but it has nothing to do with the OP’s claims which is the RNC essentially challenging CNN’s shameless pushing of their chosen candidate. The RNC feels they are getting a raw deal and are returning the favor. That is how it goes.

The Republicans are ABSOLUTELY getting a raw deal from the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM.

Any Conservative that doesn't understand that needs to shut up and sit down

Whatever you say Mr. Priebus...must stay on message...got it. :rolleyes:

Just what we want, to give the GOP establishment more control.

Last edited:
4. Stupid and vulgar.

Yes you are, but we were talking about Hillary.

Oh wait, she's stupid and vulgar as well....

Carry on.

Wow, an, "I know you are but what am I" response. A comment a dull-normal third grader would eschew.

Rhetorically, why do self defined conservatives so often default to boorish and indecorous sexual references! Immaturity for sure, but I suspect something more pathological, though it may be a product of a dull mind and a poor education.

Wow, an, "I know you are but what am I" response. A comment a dull-normal third grader would eschew.

Rhetorically, why do self defined conservatives so often default to boorish and indecorous sexual references! Immaturity for sure, but I suspect something more pathological, though it may be a product of a dull mind and a poor education.

Probably because you leftists have the haughty yet doltish, humorless yet juvenile, market cornered.

Probably because you leftists have the haughty yet doltish, humorless yet juvenile, market cornered.

Define "leftists" (bet you can't).

Politicians are like magicians.

Misdirection.

Why should the GOP be interested in penalizing candidates that can't afford to get camera time for attending non GOP sanctioned debates?

Simple...they don't want those candidates to get camera time and distract from their chosen candidate.

Romney was their pick, and we didn't want him.

"Anyone but Romney" was the order of the day.

Can't allow that to happen again...

GOP: The media is already in the tank for Hillary Clinton - The Week

Both programs are planned to run soon, long before Clinton would announce any candidacy, which would clear the networks from violating the FCC's equal-time rule. In the letters, Priebus calls on each network to "cancel this political ad masquerading as an unbiased production."

He then signs off with a threat:

Priebus complains that airing the films would not only be unfair to Republicans, but potential Democratic candidates like Vice President Joe Biden and New York Governor Andrew Cuomo.

Were the Travons "whimpering" about their thug little brat getting what he deserved?

Leftist: One who promotes a dominate role of government to centrally plan and manage the economy, to enforce social standards through hate crimes, politically correct speech codes, hiring and educational quotas. Those who turn to government to allocate resources and control the market in the quest to make the distribution of goods more fair. One who supports a very large role of government in daily life, from health care, to education, to retirement planning.

Were the Travons "whimpering" about their thug little brat getting what he deserved?

I knew a man who put a 2x4 on his thigh and cut it with a skill saw. What I heard was the board rolled. Regardless, he cut all the way to the bone. He died from it. Despite people putting pressure on the wound and doing what they could, he bled out before getting to the hospital.

Now, he did something REALLY stupid. He was the architect of his own death. I heard some people say that he "got what he deserved," but he didn't. His death was tragic and stupid.

Same thing with Trayvon, he did NOT get what he deserved. He caused his own death, but his death was still tragic and stupid.

how many fox news personnel have moderated presidential debates?

....a rough number will do......

Ahh, so you're saying that the gop has scotched fox moderators:eusa_eh:

Uhm and what do you call it when obama hillary and edwards all boycott a fox debate?
The GOP would have to take complete leave of their senses, which of course they do at times, to push for a Fox commentator as a moderator. To have a moderator that attacks Democrat candidates 5 nights a week and then moderates a presidential debate would be a gift to Democrats.

Presidential debates are a time when the party reaches out to independents and the opposition to gather support not to pander to the base. That's what you do in primary debates.

Sure, Britt Hume, fair and balanced. :cuckoo:

thank you for demonstrating exactly what I was referring to as in;

yet when you even question that paradigm they get all antsy and start their trademark splenetic gobbledegook :lol: unreal, you have to possess a special kind of head up the ass my crap don't stink holier than thou mindset to get worked up because someone even questions your absolute franchise

I never said anyone was more fair or less, its a given they all have their own take, my point was there has not been one not of the nets or cnn or pbs, zero from fox, (or for that matter msnbc I think:eusa_eh:) it is recognized fox slants their way, the rest slant theirs see now Ed:rolleyes:...... and on top of it, dem candidates boycotted fox, apparently that was cool, now? the gop says hey nbc ccn what the heck and the gop is whining bitches?.....how the *uck does that work? :lol:

Leftist: One who promotes a dominate role of government to centrally plan and manage the economy, to enforce social standards through hate crimes, politically correct speech codes, hiring and educational quotas. Those who turn to government to allocate resources and control the market in the quest to make the distribution of goods more fair. One who supports a very large role of government in daily life, from health care, to education, to retirement planning.

This was copied, I suspect, from a Libertarian source; it is demagoguery at its finest.

It does not describe the Government of the United States, but a government which is totalitarian.

Your side whines about the IRS not treating the Tea Party Fairly yet objects to efforts to level the playing field in employment and educational opportunity. Your side defines the left as anyone or idea which conflicts with the dogmatic ideology they hold.

Misdirection.

Why should the GOP be interested in penalizing candidates that can't afford to get camera time for attending non GOP sanctioned debates?

Simple...they don't want those candidates to get camera time and distract from their chosen candidate.

Again, relate it to the damn topic or create another thread. THIS thread is about NBC and CNN airing pro Hillary content to cheer lead for their next candidate and the RNC’s response (cutting them out of the content that they provide).

Uhm and what do you call it when obama hillary and edwards all boycott a fox debate?
The GOP would have to take complete leave of their senses, which of course they do at times, to push for a Fox commentator as a moderator. To have a moderator that attacks Democrat candidates 5 nights a week and then moderates a presidential debate would be a gift to Democrats.

Presidential debates are a time when the party reaches out to independents and the opposition to gather support not to pander to the base. That's what you do in primary debates.

I was wondering what you were going to say, can you link me please to the gop telling the debate organizers they don't want fox btw thx.

and as to the rest? please you really need to get over yourselves, so basically fox is not worthy, becasue why again? they attack the candidates? no really? did you just actually post that?............is that your excuse as to why it passed with nary a word when obama hill and edwards boycotted a fox debate?

you know your value judgements on broadcasting as to who does and says what to whom? don't mean shit to anyone but those in the, as in 'the' bubble occupiers of each, right?

This was copied, I suspect, from a Libertarian source; it is demagoguery at its finest.

Well, why don't you find that source. porky? Put it in Google, if you're right, it should return a link,,

And how is this "demagoguery?" Do you even know what the word means? I suspect not.

It does not describe the Government of the United States, but a government which is totalitarian.

You asked me to define leftism, sporky - not the United Stated government. My answer is an accurate portrayal of the goals of the left for governance, spunky.

Your side whines about the IRS not treating the Tea Party Fairly yet objects to efforts to level the playing field in employment and educational opportunity. Your side defines the left as anyone or idea which conflicts with the dogmatic ideology they hold.

Non sequitur.

While gross corruption withing the IRS, an agency not bound by constitutional constraints such as the assumption of innocence, should be a concern to anyone even approaching sentience, it is not germane to the topic at hand.

Now had you asked me to define USMB leftists, I could have answered with a single word;

Lowbrow.

I was wondering what you were going to say, can you link me please to the gop telling the debate organizers they don't want fox btw thx.

and as to the rest? please you really need to get over yourselves, so basically fox is not worthy, becasue why again? they attack the candidates? no really? did you just actually post that?............is that your excuse as to why it passed with nary a word when obama hill and edwards boycotted a fox debate?

you know your value judgements on broadcasting as to who does and says what to whom? don't mean shit to anyone but those in the, as in 'the' bubble occupiers of each, right?
No, the Fox commentators would not be a good choice for a debate moderator just as the MSMBC commentators would be a poor choice. Although there are no truly impartial newscasters are commentators, the moderator must have a reputation for impartiality regardless of what their opinions might be. Most Americans know that Fox News is strongly biased to the Right just as they know MSNBC is strongly biased to the Left, more so than the other networks. This is not where you look for an impartial moderator.

Last edited:

No, the Fox commentators would not be a good choice for a debate moderator just as the MSMBC commentators would be a poor choice. Although there are no truly impartial newscasters are commentators, the moderator must have a reputation for impartiality regardless of what their opinions might be. Most Americans know that Fox News is strongly biased to the Right just as they know MSNBC is strongly biased to the Left, more so than the other networks. This is not where you look for an impartial moderator.

What moderators in the past would you consider impartial?

Misdirection.

Again, relate it to the damn topic or create another thread. THIS thread is about NBC and CNN airing pro Hillary content to cheer lead for their next candidate and the RNC’s response (cutting them out of the content that they provide).

I've related it.

Have you ever live trapped raccoon?

You can't force a raccoon into a cage...they'll either escape, or you'll be forced to kill it.

So instead, you bait a live trap with something the raccoon can't possibly resist...something so tempting that the raccoon will fight to get INTO the trap.

Then you have more control, so the raccoon can't do so much harm to your structure.

The liberal media is the bait.

Controlling who debates is the trap.

It's win/win for the GOP establishment...they get to beat up the liberal media AND they regain the lost power to limit the choices of nominee.

063012-racoons.jpg

WTF just happened???​

Last edited:

Forum List

Back