🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GOP: Winning for the sake of Winning

Mr. Midst

Feb 8, 2017
Kentucky teachers furious as legislators pass pension bill

Surprise pension bill surfaces and zips through General Assembly despite cries of stunned teachers

So the GOP-ran Kentucky took their pension bill, told everyone the idea was dead and it wasn’t going to come for a while, watered it down to pathetic lengths, stuck it onto a sewage bill, snuck it in between 291 pages, told lawmakers they had 5 minutes to read and decide, and that’s how they got they’re precious bill out.

Here lies the problem with the GOP, and bipartisan government in general; winning for the sake of winning. It’s not anything like the GOP wanted, and they were so afraid of rejection that they had to sneak it into 291 pages of sewage (which I find ironic, having to push it through a mountain of crap). They knew it wasn’t going to satisfy anybody, not the Republicans or the a Democrats or the teachers or anybody not named Matt Bevin.

This bill was passed through, in the dead of night, solely for the point of saying “We won!”. After this long struggle of pensions and teacher wages, they can officially mark it down as a W and throw it in face of the Democrats for the next year. What is actually a serious issue for the state is now just another screaming match for bragging rights that the Republicans has to weasel their way out of to win.

I’m really sick of big issues that affect hardworking, tax paying citizens becoming a battle of “who can have more self-proclaimed wins”. I’m not bashing the Republicans for their views on pensions and economics. What I am bashing is the fact that they sacrificed their integrity and their OWN VIEWS and the well-being of the school system for the sake of saying “Look, we passed it! So much winning!”

Idiotic is what it is.

Kentucky teachers furious as legislators pass pension bill

Surprise pension bill surfaces and zips through General Assembly despite cries of stunned teachers

So the GOP-ran Kentucky took their pension bill, told everyone the idea was dead and it wasn’t going to come for a while, watered it down to pathetic lengths, stuck it onto a sewage bill, snuck it in between 291 pages, told lawmakers they had 5 minutes to read and decide, and that’s how they got they’re precious bill out.

Here lies the problem with the GOP, and bipartisan government in general; winning for the sake of winning. It’s not anything like the GOP wanted, and they were so afraid of rejection that they had to sneak it into 291 pages of sewage (which I find ironic, having to push it through a mountain of crap). They knew it wasn’t going to satisfy anybody, not the Republicans or the a Democrats or the teachers or anybody not named Matt Bevin.

This bill was passed through, in the dead of night, solely for the point of saying “We won!”. After this long struggle of pensions and teacher wages, they can officially mark it down as a W and throw it in face of the Democrats for the next year. What is actually a serious issue for the state is now just another screaming match for bragging rights that the Republicans has to weasel their way out of to win.

I’m really sick of big issues that affect hardworking, tax paying citizens becoming a battle of “who can have more self-proclaimed wins”. I’m not bashing the Republicans for their views on pensions and economics. What I am bashing is the fact that they sacrificed their integrity and their OWN VIEWS and the well-being of the school system for the sake of saying “Look, we passed it! So much winning!”

Idiotic is what it is.

Excellent comment, spot on.

Forum List

Back