Gorsuch CANNOT be any worse than Scalia

It's not a question of Gorsuch being worse than Scalia. The challenge is for him to be as thoughtful, brilliant and high integrity as him. Scalia set a Very High Standard.

Here's an example of Scalia's "brilliance".....

He once suggested that black kids would do better at schools that weren't too fast for them. The racism and segregationist mindset cannot be too easily hidden in that basically evil heart of his.......and don't forget that Scalia also thought that women weren't as sharp as men and should know their place.

Yeah, you regressives can't continue to legislate through the courts when the judges have fidelity to the law and Constitution.

Sure....you DON'T want a human judge, you want a computer.
Based on the strict reading of the Constitution we would still have segregation.

It's not a question of Gorsuch being worse than Scalia. The challenge is for him to be as thoughtful, brilliant and high integrity as him. Scalia set a Very High Standard.

He once suggested that black kids would do better at schools that weren't too fast for them. The racism and segregationist mindset cannot be too easily hidden in that basically evil heart of his.......and don't forget that Scalia also thought that women weren't as sharp as men and should know their place.
Black kids have an average I.Q. of 85. White kids (Northern Europeans) have an average of 100. East Asians run about 107.
Yes, Black kids would do better with curriculum that matched their diminished capacity. Concurrently, the other aforementioned would do much better if they were permitted to go at a pace that suited their intelligence levels.

Black kids have an average I.Q. of 85. White kids (Northern Europeans) have an average of 100. East Asians run about 107.
Yes, Black kids would do better with curriculum that matched their diminished capacity. Concurrently, the other aforementioned would do much better if they were permitted to go at a pace that suited their intelligence levels.

The cleaners just called....Your white sheet and pointed hood are ready for pick-up.

The cleaners just called....Your white sheet and pointed hood are ready for pick-up.
The village just called they need their idiot back.

As a liberal democrat, I would still urge the Senate to vote in Gorsuch and pray that both Ginsburg and Breyer live to be 100 years old.

Lets face it, Gorsuch cannot be any worse than Scalia and probably lacks the charm of that departed justice who hid his ultra right wing politics behind an elfin smile.

With Gorsuch, the SCOTUS is split to 4-4, with Kennedy as the swing vote. However, the next open seat will be an all-out war by both sides of the aisle.

Gorsuch would instantly be the best Justice on the SCOTUS!

Scalia was flawed. I read enough of his opinions to know he only followed that originalist ideology when it fit his objectives. However he was still far better than Breyer, Ginsburg, Sotomayor or Kagan.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

theo1.jpg

As a liberal democrat, I would still urge the Senate to vote in Gorsuch and pray that both Ginsburg and Breyer live to be 100 years old.

Lets face it, Gorsuch cannot be any worse than Scalia and probably lacks the charm of that departed justice who hid his ultra right wing politics behind an elfin smile.

With Gorsuch, the SCOTUS is split to 4-4, with Kennedy as the swing vote. However, the next open seat will be an all-out war by both sides of the aisle.

Yeah, you regressives can't continue to legislate through the courts when the judges have fidelity to the law and Constitution. Then you're going to have to actually compete on ideas instead of courts with activist judges. So far you've been a miserable failure outside the courts.

No kidding even the people of California voted against gay marriage, they had to use the activist judges, to get it to the supremes
Post-truth comment by bear, who knows and has admitted the CA voters would be more than 60% for LGBT marriage today.

Yeah, you regressives can't continue to legislate through the courts when the judges have fidelity to the law and Constitution. Then you're going to have to actually compete on ideas instead of courts with activist judges. So far you've been a miserable failure outside the courts.

No kidding even the people of California voted against gay marriage, they had to use the activist judges, to get it to the supremes
Post-truth comment by bear, who knows and has admitted the CA voters would be more than 60% for LGBT marriage today.

Prove it Nat, and when did I admit it?

Zzzzzzzzzz

Jake the fake

Yeah, you regressives can't continue to legislate through the courts when the judges have fidelity to the law and Constitution.

Based on the strict reading of the Constitution we would still have segregation.

So what's the purpose of written laws if judges can do anything they want?

We can't have an SC justice who strictly abides by the Constitution. That would be so fucking RADICAL right wing kookier.

Prove it Nat, and when did I admit it? .
Bear demonstrates his growing dementia. And he thinks he did not admit when he did. He can look for it. The way to deal with the crazed like Bear is to force them into reality by making them to their own research.

Only people like you would think any such thing.

I don't know whether or not that's true or not, Jake.

California was hard core liberal when Proposition 8 passed overwhelmingly, not too many years ago.

Yet, it still passed.

I don't know if you even realize this about San Francisco, they never mention in the media is that the city actually has a Straight Majority.

I suppose it might be possible for Gay Marriage to pass in 2017, but it would be a tough fight.

From four years ago. https://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytim...ort-for-same-sex-marriage-in-california/?_r=0 I am sure those swing percentages are even greater today.

MARCH 1, 2013 4:43 PMMarch 1, 2013 4:43 pm

The same week the Obama administration filed a brief urging the Supreme Court to strike down California’s ban on same-sex marriage, a new Field Poll was released showing that support for same-sex marriage in the state has increased drastically since the ban was passed there a little more than four years ago.

The Field Poll, conducted Feb. 5 to 17 among 834 registered voters, found a record majority of Californians, 61 percent, say they support extending the right to marry to same-sex couples. Just 32 percent were against doing so.

Only people like you would think any such thing.

Well child, the law and Constitution aren't open to situational reinterpretation, only a legislature can change the intent of a law and only article 5 procedures can change the intent of the Constitution. Only really unAmerican pieces of shit think otherwise.

38 of 50 governorships
67 of 98 State legislatures
Control of the US House
Control of the US Senate
Control of the Presidency

Democrats regulated to coastal regions of the country

By 2020, the SCOTUS should be 7 GOP appointed and 2 Democrat-appointed judges.Hopefully, there will also be a veto-proof majority in both chambers of the US Legislative branch with an increase to 70 or 72 State legislatures.

Remind Me again why I should care what the radicalized progressives think?

38 of 50 governorships
67 of 98 State legislatures
Control of the US House
Control of the US Senate
Control of the Presidency

Democrats regulated to coastal regions of the country

By 2020, the SCOTUS should be 7 GOP appointed and 2 Democrat-appointed judges.Hopefully, there will also be a veto-proof majority in both chambers of the US Legislative branch with an increase to 70 or 72 State legislatures.

Remind Me again why I should care what the radicalized progressives think?
You shouldn't care one bit. Anyone who thinks big government run by a small criminal elite is good, obviously has lost their minds and not worthy of consideration.

Forum List

Back