Got my hands on a piece of history.

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
(I never can find what USMB did with the gun forum)

A friend of mine who knows nothing about guns was given this pistol by his grandfather a long time ago. It's been sitting in a box in the attic for decades.

It's a Mauser HSc 7.52 32 Auto pistol issued to the Germa Navy during WWII. It's in really good shape and its original holster is a beauty. I took it apart and cleaned it. There really wasn't as much rust as I thought there would be and the barrel itself is shiny clean inside. The only problem is that the firing pin is either broken or purposely disabled. Going to try to see if I can get him a replacement. It would be fun to shoot I think.
IMG_7389.JPG
IMG_7390.JPG
IMG_7391.JPG

It looks vintage, you say WWII...may be even earlier....probably 1930s.

Interesting, thanks!

These were one of the weapons we were told we were likely to confiscate on patrol in N. Ireland. Apparently production resumed after the war sometime in the late '60s, although I might be wrong on the date(s). I never came across one but we were told that the ammo the IRA had was largely ineffective due to being made during WWII.

(I never can find what USMB did with the gun forum)

A friend of mine who knows nothing about guns was given this pistol by his grandfather a long time ago. It's been sitting in a box in the attic for decades.

It's a Mauser HSc 7.52 32 Auto pistol issued to the Germa Navy during WWII. It's in really good shape and its original holster is a beauty. I took it apart and cleaned it. There really wasn't as much rust as I thought there would be and the barrel itself is shiny clean inside. The only problem is that the firing pin is either broken or purposely disabled. Going to try to see if I can get him a replacement. It would be fun to shoot I think.
View attachment 149890 View attachment 149891 View attachment 149892
I loathe anything to do with WWII but I saw a Mauser today online selling for over 10K. It may have had something to do with the serial numbers or history on it but I thought it was worth mentioning to you. The holster you displayed in OP (rare to find in mint condition) is selling for about $500.00 on one site. I checked. Have a nice evening, Predfan.
WWII german Military Collectibles Price Guide - MilitaryItems.com
mauser.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back