Gov. McDonnell must answer questions about scandal

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Oh my, this good christian family is accepting lots of goodies, without reporting them< My comment.

Gov. McDonnell must answer questions about scandal - The Washington Post

&#8220;IN THESE TOUGH budget times, everybody&#8217;s got to contribute, and I intend to do our part,&#8221; Virginia Gov. Robert F. McDonnell said on the eve of his inauguration in 2010, explaining why he and his cabinet would take small pay cuts. A year later, Mr. McDonnell bragged that he had eliminated projected deficits in Virginia &#8220;by cutting spending.&#8221; And last year, touting his &#8220;fiscal prudence and conservative budgeting,&#8221; Mr. McDonnell piously hoped that Virginia&#8217;s example &#8220;would be a model for Washington.&#8221;

Yet as Mr. McDonnell was touting the virtues of public-sector austerity, his personal life was a counter-example of profligacy, irresponsibility and entitlement.

As we now know from the reporting of The Post&#8217;s Rosalind S. Helderman, Mr. McDonnell and his family accepted upward of $200,000 in cash handouts, extravagant gifts and so-called loans &#8212; on generous terms unavailable to other mortals &#8212; from a Virginia businessman who sought the governor&#8217;s imprimatur and favorable treatment from the state for his company.
<more>

Last edited:
Oh my, this good christian family is accepting lots of goodies, without reporting them< My comment.

Gov. McDonnell must answer questions about scandal - The Washington Post

“IN THESE TOUGH budget times, everybody’s got to contribute, and I intend to do our part,” Virginia Gov. Robert F. McDonnell said on the eve of his inauguration in 2010, explaining why he and his cabinet would take small pay cuts. A year later, Mr. McDonnell bragged that he had eliminated projected deficits in Virginia “by cutting spending.” And last year, touting his “fiscal prudence and conservative budgeting,” Mr. McDonnell piously hoped that Virginia’s example “would be a model for Washington.”

Yet as Mr. McDonnell was touting the virtues of public-sector austerity, his personal life was a counter-example of profligacy, irresponsibility and entitlement.

As we now know from the reporting of The Post’s Rosalind S. Helderman, Mr. McDonnell and his family accepted upward of $200,000 in cash handouts, extravagant gifts and so-called loans — on generous terms unavailable to other mortals — from a Virginia businessman who sought the governor’s imprimatur and favorable treatment from the state for his company.
<more>
What does one thing have to do with another? Obama counseled people not to go to Vegas. And he's been there and everyplace else.
If he took bribes, he needs to be prosecuted. If he didnt then go away.

Why does Governor McDonnell have to answer questions but the Obama Admin can hide Fast N Furious documents, refuse to answer where Odumbo was during the Benghazi slaughter, refuse to send all emails concerning IRS scandal and NSA???? WHY????? Where is WAPO in demanding the same of Odumbo and company? What about you Political Junky?? Do you demand the same from Obama???

Forum List

Back