Government as "God's Minister." I'm open to that...

GiveMeATicketToWork

Feb 3, 2016
Romans 13:1-7
English Standard Version (ESV)
(1) Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. (2)Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. (3)For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, (4)for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. (5)Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. (6)For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing. (7)Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

I use to be involved in religion that didn't see government this way but in my new beliefs I'm open to subjection to my government as long as they don't tell me to do anything that I know is patently wrong like telling me to reject Christ.

Straight out of my upbringing.

I suppose i agree. Not sure.

Peter and the Apostles said in Acts shall we obey man or God?

To God be the glory.
Yes, ive sometimes wondered about that incident.

They're both right imho (In my humble opinion.) Government just cannot tell you to disobey God.

Keep your religion out of my politics, and I'll keep my politics out of your religion.

To God be the glory.

They're both right imho (In my humble opinion.) Government just cannot tell you to disobey God.

Keep your religion out of my politics, and I'll keep my politics out of your religion.

Sorry but I believe in carrying Christ's message to others. Is that a problem for you, my friend?

To God be the glory.

Sorry but I believe in carrying Christ's message to others. Is that a problem for you, my friend?

Carry the message all you want, just keep religion out of the government and politics.

To God be the glory.

Yes. And you can spare me the friend part thank you.

To God be the glory.

Well God's Will be done but I cannot refrain from proclaiming Christ...

Talk that stupid shit in my face and I'll be happy to refrain you.

Proclaim to your hearts delight, but keep it in the pulpit, and out of politics.

If religion takes over the government, then it becomes a theocracy.

Sharia law is one example of a theocracy.

I'm torn!

On one hand it gives me joy to see a church burn to the ground or twisted into tiny pieces after a tornado.

But then on the other hand I would much prefer you kept your stupid nonsense inside your buildings on your own property.

I'm torn!

On one hand it gives me joy to see a church burn to the ground or twisted into tiny pieces after a tornado.

But then on the other hand I would much prefer you kept your stupid nonsense inside your buildings on your own property.

Ya gotta make a choice Huggy. Either they get to have their own buildings for their brand of nonsense or else they are going to start using government buildings for it.

I'd much rather have them quarantine themselves in their own buildings.

I'm torn!

Ya gotta make a choice Huggy. Either they get to have their own buildings for their brand of nonsense or else they are going to start using government buildings for it.

I'd much rather have them quarantine themselves in their own buildings.

True that! The way I see it ... it saves the gubmint a fortune to house these insane people in mental institutions.

Talk that stupid shit in my face and I'll be happy to refrain you.

LOLOLOLOLOL

Actually I got drunk earlier today and forgot that I'm not a Christian (John 10:16.)

Peace. LOLOLOLOL

Sorry everyone I was drunk earlier and forgot that I'm not a Christian (John 10:16.)

But I would be seriously open, sober as I am now, to government as God's Minister.

Sorry.

Sorry everyone I was drunk earlier and forgot that I'm not a Christian (John 10:16.)

But I would be seriously open, sober as I am now, to government as God's Minister.

Sorry.
Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you suddenly like a trap.

I've been drunk on alcohol maybe less than 100 times in my 67 years. I can't remember the last time that happened. I do know that not once did being drunk ever lead to anything good. It's not a big deal though until you get behind the wheel. If you are OK with destroying your liver who am I to stand in your way.

Speaking of remembering... I drove 7 miles to my girlfriends house to measure some parts for the repair on her porch and forgot to bring my tape measure. I felt real stupid when I got there and realized my mistake.

Forum List

Back