Government Turned Down Mask Offer

More evidence of the incompetence of Donald Trump and son-in-law Jared Kushner emerges. Not only did they turn down an offer to manufacture PPE, but they turned down an offer of American manufactured PPE while trying to source imported PPE from all over the world.
Sorry to disappoint you but your own story says the government turned down the offer from the FW company on jan 22

thats 6 weeks before the kushner team was created

sooooooooooooooo? what is it that you are trying to spin?

there is the first person witness ( the company's owner) & hard copy *proof* ie emails from dr. bright that substantiate it. bringing in donny's son in law, panty waisted jared - who ( much like ME affairs ) has ZERO experience in any of this -no matter what the timing was - is just more incompetancy rearing its ugly head.

It was Jan. 22, a day after the first case of covid-19 was detected in the United States, and orders were pouring into Michael Bowen’s company outside Fort Worth, some from as far away as Hong Kong.

Bowen’s medical supply company, Prestige Ameritech, could ramp up production to make an additional 1.7 million N95 masks a week. He viewed the shrinking domestic production of medical masks as a national security issue, though, and he wanted to give the federal government first dibs.

“We still have four like-new N95 manufacturing lines,” Bowen wrote that day in an email to top administrators in the Department of Health and Human Services. “Reactivating these machines would be very difficult and very expensive but could be achieved in a dire situation.”

But communications over several days with senior agency officials — including Robert Kadlec, the assistant secretary for preparedness and emergency response — left Bowen with the clear impression that there was little immediate interest in his offer.

“I don’t believe we as an government are anywhere near answering those questions for you yet,” Laura Wolf, director of the agency’s Division of Critical Infrastructure Protection, responded that same day.
Bowen persisted.

“We are the last major domestic mask company,” he wrote on Jan. 23. “My phones are ringing now, so I don’t ‘need’ government business. I’m just letting you know that I can help you preserve our infrastructure if things ever get really bad. I’m a patriot first, businessman second.”

In the end, the government did not take Bowen up on his offer. Even today, production lines that could be making more than 7 million masks a month sit dormant.

Bowen’s overture was described briefly in an 89-page whistleblower complaint filed this week by Rick Bright, former director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority. Bright alleges he was retaliated against by Kadlec and other officials — including being reassigned to a lesser post — because he tried to “prioritize science and safety over political expediency.” HHS has disputed his allegations.

Emails show Bright pressed Kadlec and other agency leaders on the issue of mask shortages — and Bowen’s proposal specifically — to no avail. On Jan. 26, Bright wrote to a deputy that Bowen’s warnings “seem to be falling on deaf ears.”
[...]
https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...6a821e-908a-11ea-a9c0-73b93422d691_story.html
Kushner is not part of this story

jared could have & should have followed up on the offer. he didn't.

did he?
kushner was not there when the offer was made

but he should have looked into american companies that manufactured PPE.

that would have been the competent thing to do. he could have & should have followed up with the people who are supposta be 'in the know' & be directed to who what & where they are made legitimately.

did he?

Jared Kushner's shadow coronavirus task force used a spreadsheet called 'VIP Update' to procure PPE from inexperienced Trump allies over legitimate vendors
Ashley Collman
May 6, 2020, 7:06 AM

Jared Kushner's shadow coronavirus task force used a spreadsheet called 'VIP Update' to procure PPE from inexperienced Trump allies over legitimate vendors

How Jared Kushner’s volunteer force led a fumbling hunt for medical supplies

By Nicholas Confessore, Andrew Jacobs, Jodi Kantor, Zolan Kanno-Youngs and Luis Ferré-Sadurní
The New York Times |
May 05, 2020 | 10:54 PM

Kushner Airlift Moves Millions of Masks, But Details Are Secret

Josh Wingrove, Daniel Flatley and Shira Stein
BloombergMay 1, 2020

next?
You continue to ignore the fact that kushner was not responsible for mask procurement on jan 22 when the offer was made to the government

if denizen were honest instead of greedy he would not have upped the anti by telling a lie about kushner

just the true facts of the story would have been slightly embarrassing to the government

But now you have to defend your lie and that completely blurs the underlying story

later on I’ll give you a non partisan response to this issue

so the CONtinuing incompetence on jared's behalf somehow makes it all ok?

do you think he should have researched & done the best he could do CONsidering he's in charge & is a bumbling idiot like his wife's daddy?

don't give me 'non partisan response' bullshit talk - - you have proven to be one the biggest hacks here.
your chicom pals bought up billions of ppe before the virus was discovered by the rest of the world traitor ! and yes you are spreading treasonous chicom propaganda ! and that makes you a traitor to the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA !

Dopey Donald Trump and his incompetent son-in-law are bigger traitors for allowing 70,000+ American deaths.

Vietnam which borders China had zero deaths.
Now you are just babbling bullshit

You are a bullshit gobbler. Keep it under your hat.
You are really over the top with you hate for trump

it taints every comment you post

including blaming kushner for a decision he didnt make when you know its a lie

You are an extremist MAGAnut and can't handle the truth.
I caught you in a lie

Your MAGAnut mental state is frantic and frenetically producing fantasies as your idol Dopey Donald Trump self-immolates in public. When Dopey Donald Trump is gone your dogmatized mind will have to face reality.
You lied

but the lie was exposed

You are a MAGAnut extremist and masochist that enjoys getting it's ass kicked while bent over worshiping Dopey Donald Trump.

Please don't thank me.

More evidence of the incompetence of Donald Trump and son-in-law Jared Kushner emerges. Not only did they turn down an offer to manufacture PPE, but they turned down an offer of American manufactured PPE while trying to source imported PPE from all over the world.
Sorry to disappoint you but your own story says the government turned down the offer from the FW company on jan 22

there is the first person witness ( the company's owner) & hard copy *proof* ie emails from dr. bright that substantiate it. bringing in donny's son in law, panty waisted jared - who ( much like ME affairs ) has ZERO experience in any of this -no matter what the timing was - is just more incompetancy rearing its ugly head.

It was Jan. 22, a day after the first case of covid-19 was detected in the United States, and orders were pouring into Michael Bowen’s company outside Fort Worth, some from as far away as Hong Kong.

Bowen’s medical supply company, Prestige Ameritech, could ramp up production to make an additional 1.7 million N95 masks a week. He viewed the shrinking domestic production of medical masks as a national security issue, though, and he wanted to give the federal government first dibs.

“We still have four like-new N95 manufacturing lines,” Bowen wrote that day in an email to top administrators in the Department of Health and Human Services. “Reactivating these machines would be very difficult and very expensive but could be achieved in a dire situation.”

But communications over several days with senior agency officials — including Robert Kadlec, the assistant secretary for preparedness and emergency response — left Bowen with the clear impression that there was little immediate interest in his offer.

“I don’t believe we as an government are anywhere near answering those questions for you yet,” Laura Wolf, director of the agency’s Division of Critical Infrastructure Protection, responded that same day.
Bowen persisted.

“We are the last major domestic mask company,” he wrote on Jan. 23. “My phones are ringing now, so I don’t ‘need’ government business. I’m just letting you know that I can help you preserve our infrastructure if things ever get really bad. I’m a patriot first, businessman second.”

In the end, the government did not take Bowen up on his offer. Even today, production lines that could be making more than 7 million masks a month sit dormant.

Bowen’s overture was described briefly in an 89-page whistleblower complaint filed this week by Rick Bright, former director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority. Bright alleges he was retaliated against by Kadlec and other officials — including being reassigned to a lesser post — because he tried to “prioritize science and safety over political expediency.” HHS has disputed his allegations.

Emails show Bright pressed Kadlec and other agency leaders on the issue of mask shortages — and Bowen’s proposal specifically — to no avail. On Jan. 26, Bright wrote to a deputy that Bowen’s warnings “seem to be falling on deaf ears.”
[...]
https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...6a821e-908a-11ea-a9c0-73b93422d691_story.html

did he?

that would have been the competent thing to do. he could have & should have followed up with the people who are supposta be 'in the know' & be directed to who what & where they are made legitimately.

did he?

Ashley Collman

By Nicholas Confessore, Andrew Jacobs, Jodi Kantor, Zolan Kanno-Youngs and Luis Ferré-Sadurní
The New York Times |

BloombergMay 1, 2020

next?
You continue to ignore the fact that kushner was not responsible for mask procurement on jan 22 when the offer was made to the government

if denizen were honest instead of greedy he would not have upped the anti by telling a lie about kushner

just the true facts of the story would have been slightly embarrassing to the government

But now you have to defend your lie and that completely blurs the underlying story

do you think he should have researched & done the best he could do CONsidering he's in charge & is a bumbling idiot like his wife's daddy?

don't give me 'non partisan response' bullshit talk - - you have proven to be one the biggest hacks here.
your chicom pals bought up billions of ppe before the virus was discovered by the rest of the world traitor ! and yes you are spreading treasonous chicom propaganda ! and that makes you a traitor to the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA !

Dopey Donald Trump and his incompetent son-in-law are bigger traitors for allowing 70,000+ American deaths.

I caught you in a lie

Your MAGAnut mental state is frantic and frenetically producing fantasies as your idol Dopey Donald Trump self-immolates in public. When Dopey Donald Trump is gone your dogmatized mind will have to face reality.
You lied

but the lie was exposed

You are a MAGAnut extremist and masochist that enjoys getting it's ass kicked while bent over worshiping Dopey Donald Trump.

Please don't thank me.
You are way to hysterical to make persuasive arguments except to other trump haters

Bowen persisted.

[...]

did he?

did he?

Ashley Collman

The New York Times |

BloombergMay 1, 2020

next?

I caught you in a lie

You lied

but the lie was exposed

Please don't thank me.
You are way to hysterical to make persuasive arguments except to other trump haters

My arguments have aroused and addicted you because you are a MAGAnut extremist who believes the orange buffoon can do now wrong.

In late January.

The incompetence and shear idiocy of this Administration is mind bending

Who can Trump blame this on??

All of this happened before there was one case in the US. Hindsight is wonderful isn't it? You can be a partisan hack and post shit thinking others won't really look at it from the view point that existed in January.

Hindsight your ass. You act as though hindsight is pointed out a mistake that was debatable.

There's nothing debatable about this.

They KNEW there was a coming pandemic and did virtually nothing

Here's more

There's nothing debatable about this.
They KNEW there was a coming pandemic and did virtually nothing
Trump was trying to save the economy that Democrats were so happy to see destroyed.
Trump knows how skittish investors get when they hear real bad news. It was necessary to limit talk about the pandemic in order to save the economy.

So 85,000 dead ...and counting...to vainly try to shore up the stock market??

Forum List

Back