Governor Cuomo "Confiscation is an option." Starts arresting veterans.

New York: Home of the low capacity gun magazine and beverage cup. Nanny loves you!

Thought you right wingers believe in the States' right to make such decisions?

The guy violated a law of New York.

And yet you "wingers" ignore State's rights until it suits your agenda, like gun control. By the way, didn't SCOTUS determine that the Bill of Rights applies to all levels of government?

A state ban on high capacity magazines has not been found to be unconstitutional.

States rights!

I bet confiscation of guns would be found unconstitutional, though.

Only under the modern Supreme Court, the same one that approved of Citizens United, to further empower the rich and wealthy. To legalize unlimited propaganda. You'll never hear the end of corporate ads on from both Republicans and Democrats now, even in local elections.

And yet you "wingers" ignore State's rights until it suits your agenda, like gun control. By the way, didn't SCOTUS determine that the Bill of Rights applies to all levels of government?

Yes, most right wingers are hypocrites in that regard. I am not one of them. And yes, if you knew how to read, you already see that I confirmed that the SCOTUS applied the Bill of Rights to all levels of government.

If its no big deal to change a magazine, why are the gun nutters going bat shit crazy over the idea of limiting the number of rounds a magizine can hold.

I mean, what is the big fuking deal if you can't have them?

As you and the other nutters point out repeatedly; it only takes a second or so to change your magazines.

So why don't you "nutters" stop all this nonsense of banning high capacity magazines since you yourself just noted it will make absolutely no difference?

Why do liberals freak out over "high capacity" magazines? You know it only takes a second to reload a magazine right?

Its ok to own 20 "normal capacity" magazines, but to own 1 high capacity and you're a danger?

Liberal logic....

If its no big deal to change a magazine, why are the gun nutters going bat shit crazy over the idea of limiting the number of rounds a magizine can hold.

As you and the other nutters point out repeatedly; it only takes a second or so to change your magazines.

Maybe because the magazines are people's personal property, and were obtained legally by those people, and nowhere has anyone ever suggested compensating people for their private property, and even if they did, why should people cave on the oppression of their Freedoms? Irrational gun grabbers like yourself have committed to placing emotions ahead of rational thinking in your pursuit to destroy people's Freedoms based upon knee jerk reactions to tragedies. The fact remains that life on Earth is not perfect, nor will Liberal feel good tyrannical assaults on people's Freedoms make you any safer. You numbskulls can assault Law abiding citizens all you want to in your War on Guns, but you're going to find out the hard way that it's going to be a losing battle for you. You'd be surprised how many Democrat gun owners I know who are totally pissed right now, but keep referring to law abiding gun owners as gun nutters it will do wonders for your poorly thought out ideologically driven cause. Sorry comrade, but emotions don't get to override inalienable Rights like the Second Amendment, no matter how little guns fit into your twisted utopian dream. Sell your Kumbaya crap to someone who gives a shit... The rest of us do not.

Right winger gun nutters logic; I can't fuking hit what I am shooting at with a thirty round magazine.
That's why I need more. and more and more. Maybe with pray and spray, I'll get lucky and hit something.

I liked the gun story that was reported here in my area. This past weekend, we had the Bill Goodman gun and knife show. I visitor bought himself a new holster. Unfortunately, when he was putting his gun in his new holster, he shot his finger off. Wonder if it was his trigger finger?

Or how about the guy driving around with his dog and his pistol. Then the dog shot the guy with his pistol. The guy didn't know his gun was loaded. Or that his dog was mad at him.

You can't make this shit up.

yea, you are right, it is no big deal. it can be done in 2 seconds. which is exactly why a ban on them is pointless. you'll get your 30 rounds of just about as fast. so banning them will no stop someone who wants to set off 30 rounds in a crowd from doing so.

yea, you are right, it is no big deal. it can be done in 2 seconds. which is exactly why a ban on them is pointless. you'll get your 30 rounds of just about as fast. so banning them will no stop someone who wants to set off 30 rounds in a crowd from doing so.

Actually, the ability to reload DOES MATTER if you're fighting another hostile target with the same weapon. Those split seconds spent reloading, are often the only time your enemy needs to advance his position.

I think we all know how these future enemies with 30+rounds of ammunition are going to be, and wont' have to suffer the indifference of frequent reloading.

Although I hate to videos games as an example. Go play a video game using an automatic, or semi automatic weapon that is limited to 7 rounds per clip. You'll see how much those split seconds reloading matter. Then just imagine how bad it is in reality, instead of video games.

Last edited:
Someone commented that right wing nuts cant shoot well, and thus, need the hi cap mags. I remember in police academy a firearms instructor showed us a study of police marksmanship over 20 years. The Glock pistols and M4's have become extremely popular in law enforcement. But at one time, they used only revolvers and shotguns. Study after study have shown that police accuracy per shot plummeted with the higher capacity mags. "Spray and pray" became far more popular. They said the revolver forced more training and accuracy, due to low ammo. AND....over the same 20 years, the number of cops killed on duty has increased, as their overall accuracy has gone down. There are many factors, such as budget cuts taking away crucial training and bad guys having better weapons to use. Just a thought. But when you only have 6 shots, you sure as hell are gonna make 'em count.
I agree completely with your reasoning!

One item of supportive evidence was the "41 shots" incident in which some innocent foreigner (Amadou Diallo) was killed when three plainclothes NYC cops thought he had drawn a gun (it was key case) and opened up on him with Glocks at a distance of 4 feet. I knew as soon as they started making automatics standard police issue there would be problems like this.

I don't own an automatic pistol. I don't like automatic pistols and I don't care for full-auto weapons for specifically the reason you've stated. My favorite shoulder weapons are the M-1 Garand and the Remington 870 shotgun. My favorite handgun is the S&W Model 19 (.357 revolver).

A few comments...

There are plenty of magazines with "Restricted Government Use Only" phrases stamped on them. They were made during the magazine ban before, and issued to military and police only. Of course, surplus from those groups always filters out to gun shows, trash cans, etc. So, they're floating around, but are no different at all than any other legal one, and in now way "illegal" because of that phrase.

If there was/is a law against those mags in that state, the man must follow it. Yes, veterans must follow the same laws the rest of us do.

Someone commented that right wing nuts cant shoot well, and thus, need the hi cap mags. I remember in police academy a firearms instructor showed us a study of police marksmanship over 20 years. The Glock pistols and M4's have become extremely popular in law enforcement. But at one time, they used only revolvers and shotguns. Study after study have shown that police accuracy per shot plummeted with the higher capacity mags. "Spray and pray" became far more popular. They said the revolver forced more training and accuracy, due to low ammo. AND....over the same 20 years, the number of cops killed on duty has increased, as their overall accuracy has gone down. There are many factors, such as budget cuts taking away crucial training and bad guys having better weapons to use. Just a thought. But when you only have 6 shots, you sure as hell are gonna make 'em count.

that sounds more like affirmative action putting unqualified officers on the force.

I agree completely with your reasoning!

One item of supportive evidence was the "41 shots" incident in which some innocent foreigner (Amadou Diallo) was killed when three plainclothes NYC cops thought he had drawn a gun (it was key case) and opened up on him with Glocks at a distance of 4 feet. I knew as soon as they started making automatics standard police issue there would be problems like this.

I don't own an automatic pistol. I don't like automatic pistols and I don't care for full-auto weapons for specifically the reason you've stated. My favorite shoulder weapons are the M-1 Garand and the Remington 870 shotgun. My favorite handgun is the S&W Model 19 (.357 revolver).

Yeah, unfortunately, training is a big issue in those cases. Budget cuts MEAN SOMETHING. And in the police world, the first thing to get cut is training, second is equipment, last is "boots on the ground", or as the police world calls it "feets on the streets".

Patrol officers are made up of many different types. Some are ex-military. Some are on their department SWAT team. Others are former traffic or detective cops. Some are college grads who just want a paycheck.Some, yes, are the bad apples. When a call goes out it is a literal lottery of who shows up. Is it the former military combat vet wearing a badge? The current member of the PD SWAT team who trains extensively with weapons? Or the hothead bad apple? Or the terrified 22 year old college grad who really wanted to work for Google instead?

I personally would prefer to have a Smith & Wesson MP .45, with 10 round/1 chamber. My favorite pistol ever. The Glock with 15/1 was a great gun too. Revolvers never fit my hand well, but they are great for some.

In a situation like an active mall shooting, I want an M4. Extremely more accurate than a pistol or shotgun, and thus, more likely to hit the target (and not miss and hit a civilian).

But if someone is kicking in the door to my house? Mossberg 500 tac shotgun. 100% no doubt about that one!

A few comments...

There are plenty of magazines with "Restricted Government Use Only" phrases stamped on them. They were made during the magazine ban before, and issued to military and police only. Of course, surplus from those groups always filters out to gun shows, trash cans, etc. So, they're floating around, but are no different at all than any other legal one, and in now way "illegal" because of that phrase.

If there was/is a law against those mags in that state, the man must follow it. Yes, veterans must follow the same laws the rest of us do.

that sounds more like affirmative action putting unqualified officers on the force.

Read my last post. Training is the first thing to be cut. And, with salaries and benefits being reduced, PD's are less competitive for labor. So yeah, you'll get fewer great cops.

But the police world is very different than any other. You get ALL TYPES who become cops, a true cross section of American life.

I worked with lots of former Marines, some Army/Navy/AF/USCG guys. A couple ex Rangers. I worked with some college grads, 22 years old, who were scared shitless of Joe Crackhead on the corner. Some sloppy fat women who got hired to fill a quota.

I worked with some of our SWAT team guys who were as squared away, accurate, and calm under pressure as the ex Rangers and Marines.

I worked with some guys who I KNEW one day would be arrested themselves. And yep, a couple in fact were.

But the taxpayers dont want to fund extensive training for cops. They dont want to fund larger salaries and lifetime benefits for cops, to attract top talent. Like the military, 90% of the people who are there are there because they WANT to be there, not because they want a check. The shit is dangerous, and they know it.

So yeah, are there some unqualified officers out there? Yes. And many over qualified. And many who just keep showing up to work, day after day, and keep getting the job done good enough to get the city to the next day in one piece.

But the GOP certainly is trying to make that job harder, and those folks less trained, through massive budget cuts throughout all levels of government. From the FBI SWAT team.......all the way down to the Wasillia, Alaska patrol division.

A few comments...

Read my last post. Training is the first thing to be cut. And, with salaries and benefits being reduced, PD's are less competitive for labor. So yeah, you'll get fewer great cops.

But the police world is very different than any other. You get ALL TYPES who become cops, a true cross section of American life.

I worked with lots of former Marines, some Army/Navy/AF/USCG guys. A couple ex Rangers. I worked with some college grads, 22 years old, who were scared shitless of Joe Crackhead on the corner. Some sloppy fat women who got hired to fill a quota.

I worked with some of our SWAT team guys who were as squared away, accurate, and calm under pressure as the ex Rangers and Marines.

I worked with some guys who I KNEW one day would be arrested themselves. And yep, a couple in fact were.

But the taxpayers dont want to fund extensive training for cops. They dont want to fund larger salaries and lifetime benefits for cops, to attract top talent. Like the military, 90% of the people who are there are there because they WANT to be there, not because they want a check. The shit is dangerous, and they know it.

So yeah, are there some unqualified officers out there? Yes. And many over qualified. And many who just keep showing up to work, day after day, and keep getting the job done good enough to get the city to the next day in one piece.

But the GOP certainly is trying to make that job harder, and those folks less trained, through massive budget cuts throughout all levels of government. From the FBI SWAT team.......all the way down to the Wasillia, Alaska patrol division.

mmm training wasn't cut because they got large capacity magazines. so basically you are saying here that it really has nothing to do with the type weapons they have but more the attitudes that pervail and the access to training because of budget cuts.

Why do liberals freak out over "high capacity" magazines? You know it only takes a second to reload a magazine right?

Its ok to own 20 "normal capacity" magazines, but to own 1 high capacity and you're a danger?

Liberal logic....

Because when the next mass shooter uses 10 round clips, you liberals will start calling for those to be illegal too.

You'll use any excuse to make owning guns and ammo illegal, all while ignoring the real problem.

Forum List

Back