Governor DeSantis Says That He Isn't Running For President

Trump would beat him in the primary but Trump may not run if Desantis runs...

Meaning that he's already considered it I hope. ;)

He needs to win re-election 1st. If he win the presidency or VP spot or is appointed a cabinet position in 2024 republicans can fill his seat for the remainder of his term. I think he know it will be hard for him to run in 2024 because it would take away from his job as governor, and a lot of people in Florida want to keep him as governor.

Under our constitution, the president and the vice president can NOT be from the same state.I

if Trump changed his Florida residency back to New York or New Jersey etc, they could run on the same ticket.

Oh okay.

It would be strange if he does not IMHO. This is his best chance to take the office, he has built a lot of political capitol over the last few years and all of it will be gone after the next cycle.

It would be strange if he does not IMHO. This is his best chance to take the office, he has built a lot of political capitol over the last few years and all of it will be gone after the next cycle.
Exactly what political capital has he built?

Exactly what political capital has he built?
Explaining it to a partisan would be pointless.

He is not a democrat so he has built no political capitol with the left. He is a republican and has built a massive amount with them as well as strong appeal to the center. That the left wants to bleat 'Dethsantis' has not managed to take him down a single notch and that should, even if it does not, tell you that he has gained a lot of capital.

Florida goes blue we are screwed ..........so Florida is more important. Time for STATE RIGHTS VERSUS FED.

Explaining it to a partisan would be pointless.

Ironic.

He is not a democrat so he has built no political capitol with the left. He is a republican and has built a massive amount with them as well as strong appeal to the center. That the left wants to bleat 'Dethsantis' has not managed to take him down a single notch and that should, even if it does not, tell you that he has gained a lot of capital.

How about actually winning a national office? You have to convince at least some amount of moderates and so far Desantis has only managed to barely win a conservative state.

I'm not saying a conservative can't win the presidency, it's just hat we haven't seen one in the Whitehouse since 1992. Even then that's conceding a lot.

Forum List

Back