Governor Orders End To LGBT Protected Class

Unconstitutional but, coming from the radical right, that's no surprise.

I doubt it's unconstitutional. Many states don't have workplace protections for gays and there are not protections at a Federal level like there are for, oh say, religion.

Good point.

People can be fired for smoking on their own time and yes, we're now seeing discrimination based on religion. Indeed, people can be fired for no reason at all and they have no legal recourse.

Because there are Federal Workplace protections, you can't fire someone for being black, a woman, Christian or disabled...but you can fire them for being gay.

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000e and following) prohibits employers from discriminating against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, and national origin (including membership in a Native American tribe). It also prohibits employers from retaliating against an applicant or employee who asserts his or her rights under the law.

And despite a majority of Americans wanting these protections extended to gays and lesbians, Republicans in Congress have been blocking efforts to do so.

261774_2146710795462_5076391_n.jpg

I doubt it's unconstitutional. Many states don't have workplace protections for gays and there are not protections at a Federal level like there are for, oh say, religion.

Good point.

People can be fired for smoking on their own time and yes, we're now seeing discrimination based on religion. Indeed, people can be fired for no reason at all and they have no legal recourse.

Because there are Federal Workplace protections, you can't fire someone for being black, a woman, Christian or disabled...but you can fire them for being gay.

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000e and following) prohibits employers from discriminating against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, and national origin (including membership in a Native American tribe). It also prohibits employers from retaliating against an applicant or employee who asserts his or her rights under the law.

And despite a majority of Americans wanting these protections extended to gays and lesbians, Republicans in Congress have been blocking efforts to do so.

Sorry but being a faggot does not fall into any off these below catagories. Being gay does not determine your sex, the genitals you were born with do. Being gay is not a religion, a race, a sex or a national origin. It may be a tribe, but not a native american one.

The should be NO protected class of people in the country. PERIOD

Especially ADULTS

Good point.

Sorry but being a faggot does not fall into any off these below catagories. Being gay does not determine your sex, the genitals you were born with do. Being gay is not a religion, a race, a sex or a national origin. It may be a tribe, but not a native american one.

Religion isn't race or gender or national origin. Race isn't religion or gender. National origin isn't religion or race...and on it goes.

Most Americans want gays added to race, religion, etc. In fact, 8 in 10 think they already HAVE those protections...but they don't.

Good point.

261774_2146710795462_5076391_n.jpg

And another far left drone promoting being "gay" as a race..

NO one cares what sexual partner you want to be with. get over it and STOP shoving it in our face

Hurray, good for Brownback for stopping tyranny.

I agree. More governors needs to do this. bravo

Do you think the state of Ohio should be able to fire someone for being Christian?
Religion is protected by Constitutional limitations. Sexual preferences aren't. How do you not know that at this point? My personal opinion is that businesses should be able to choose their customers and workforce. And all gay company serving only gays is fine with me.

NO one cares what sexual partner you want to be with. get over it and STOP shoving it in our face

Do you think the state of Ohio should be able to fire someone because they are Christian, yes or no? You said that nobody needs workplace protections so, do you believe that the state of Ohio should be able to fire someone based solely on the fact that they are a Christian?

Do you think the state of Ohio should be able to fire someone for being Christian?
Religion is protected by Constitutional limitations. Sexual preferences aren't. How do you not know that at this point? My personal opinion is that businesses should be able to choose their customers and workforce. And all gay company serving only gays is fine with me.

That did not answer my question. You would still be free to exercise your religion. Should the state of Ohio be able to fire someone solely because they are Christian. You want the state to be able to fire someone who is gay, so answer the question.

That did not answer my question. You would still be free to exercise your religion. Should the state of Ohio be able to fire someone solely because they are Christian. You want the state to be able to fire someone who is gay, so answer the question.

This is really the crux of it.

Radical RWs are in favor of sharia law but only if it does not affect their own decisions. They want huge and invasive government that controls every aspect of other people's lives - just not their own.

Radical RWs are in favor of sharia law but only if it does not affect their own decisions. They want huge and invasive government that controls every aspect of other people's lives - just not their own.

The irony impaired far left drones and their propaganda!

That IS the crux of it. You are full of shit and completely deranged.

I guess we are suppose to just accept, they are MORE SPECIAL than the rest of us.

and then also demand we stay out of their bedrooms.

how the hell can you expect people to take you seriously and be accepting all the same time?

these laws only brings more RESENTMENT against you. what won't accept about that?

you are NOT SPECIAL PEOPLE in this country. we are all created EQUAL UNDER our laws of this country

I guess we are suppose to just accept, they are MORE SPECIAL than the rest of us.

and then also demand we stay out of their bedrooms.

how the hell can you expect people to take you seriously and be accepting all the same time?

these laws only brings more RESENTMENT against you. what won't accept about that?

you are NOT SPECIAL PEOPLE in this country. we are all created EQUAL UNDER our laws of this country
People are getting tired of their shit. They continuously try to redefine terminology to suit themselves. If you want the freedom to choose your customers and employees then you want bigger government? You want to be involved in people's bedrooms? You want traditional marriage? You're hateful. You think men with women is special, sorta like the rest of the animal kindom? You're intolerant. It's insane.

Forum List

Back