Govt. does not create jobs....True.......BUT..........

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
First, let me say that I find it fascinating that when the unemployment rate is HIGH, government gets the blame, and when the unemployment rate is LOW, government gets little credit.....depending on which party is sitting in the oval office.

Second, I'd like to remind right wingers on here that for TWO election cycles, tea partiers ran on the mantra of "jobs, jobs, jobs,,,,: and conservatives echoes the mantra although they are the first to say that government does not create jobs.......

Third, I find it interesting that we seem to forget that government jobs actually fuel the economy through the spending of government workers.....AND, those jobs CANNOT be shipped overseas (except maybe the military)....Conversely, private sector jobs so much touted by conservatives as the best of all worlds, DO have a nasty habit of shipping jobs to countries where virtual slave labor is the norm .

Go figure the right wing "logic".....

Last edited:
First, let me say that I find it fascinating that when the unemployment rate is HIGH, government gets the blame, and when the unemployment rate is LOW, government gets little credit.....depending on which party is sitting in the oval office.

Second, I;d like to remind right wingers on gere that for TWO election cycles, tea partiers ran on the mantra of "jobs, jobs, jobs,,,,: and conservatives echies themantra although they are the first to say that government does not create jobs.......

Third, I find it interesting that we seem to forget that government jobs actually fuel the economy through the spending of government workers.....AND, those jobs CANNOT be shipped overseas (except maybe the military)....Conversely, private sector jobs so much touted by conservatives as the best of all worlds, DO have a nasty habit of shipping jobs to countries where virtual slave labor is the norm .

Show me the logic of this president who has said:
he wanted to bankrupt 1,400 companies, that pay $100 billion a year in taxes and have to let go 450,000 people from these companies!
"if somebody wants to build a coal plant, they can – it’s just that it will bankrupt them.”
"I prefer higher gas prices".
"told Brazil to develop oil and that the USA will be their best customer"!
"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."
This President has also done this which few if any president has done...
Obama signed almost 50% fewer oil finding leases on Federal lands.
This is the ONLY real executive action any President can have on INCREASING oil production which would INCREASE supplies and Obama ....
a) In 6 years new leases under Obama..........9,922 new leases or 29% of total leases.
b) In 8 years new leases under Bush...........23,569 new leases or 71% of total leases
Oil and Gas Statistics

ederal leases for oil, gas and coal production supply one of the U.S. government’s largest sources of non-tax revenues. In fiscal year 2014, drilling and mining activities generated more than $13 billion in revenues -- including royalties and rent -- for the government, according to Interior Department data. The agency has leased around 35 million acres of public land for oil and gas development in particular -- just over 5 percent of the 650 million acres of federally owned land, and merely a sliver of the 1.7 billion acres of federal waters.
Obama Administration To Hold Oil And Gas Lease Auction Amid Paris Climate Change Conference
The Obama administration on Friday ordered a moratorium on new leases for coal mined from federal lands as part of a sweeping review of the government’s management of vast amounts of taxpayer-owned coal throughout the West.
Interior Secretary Sally Jewell announced the temporary halt, saying it was time for a re-examination of the decades-old coal-leasing program, from health and environmental impacts to whether U.S. citizens are getting a fair return for the hundreds of millions of tons of government-owned coal that are mined and sold each year.
“It is abundantly clear that times are different in the energy sector now than they were 30 years ago, and we must undertake a review and that’s what we need to do as responsible stewards of the nation’s assets,” Jewell said in a conference call with reporters. “That was a time, 30 years ago, when our nation had very different priorities and needs. The result was a federal coal program designed to get as much coal out of the ground as possible, and in many ways that’s the program that we’ve been operating ever since.”
Obama announces moratorium on new federal coal leases
Never in the history of the USA has any president so misunderstood how the economy worked and has worked to dismantle the USA.

Second, I;d like to remind right wingers on gere that for TWO election cycles, tea partiers ran on the mantra of "jobs, jobs, jobs,,,,: and conservatives echies themantra although they are the first to say that government does not create jobs.......

when the unemployment rate is HIGH, government gets the blame, and when the unemployment rate is LOW, government gets little credit.....

The government can cause unemployment just by being stupid.
I'd give them credit if they were less stupid and got out of the way.

Second, I'd like to remind right wingers on here that for TWO election cycles, tea partiers ran on the mantra of "jobs, jobs, jobs,,,,: and conservatives echoes the mantra although they are the first to say that government does not create jobs.......

How about we have 100% employment by having everyone employed by the government.... Private sector jobs would be useless and our country would resemble the communist state of Russia. Diabolical.

How can a country be governed, when more than half of elected officials do NOT believe in government?

Yet, we may notice republican candidates (who do not believe in government) would readily kill their own grandmother to get elected to be part of that government......The hypocrisy is both interesting and nauseating.

he wanted to bankrupt 1,400 companies, that pay $100 billion a year in taxes and have to let go 450,000 people from these companies!
"if somebody wants to build a coal plant, they can – it’s just that it will bankrupt them.”
"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."
This is the ONLY real executive action any President can have on INCREASING oil production which would INCREASE supplies and Obama ....
a) In 6 years new leases under Obama..........9,922 new leases or 29% of total leases.
b) In 8 years new leases under Bush...........23,569 new leases or 71% of total leases
Oil and Gas Statistics

ederal leases for oil, gas and coal production supply one of the U.S. government’s largest sources of non-tax revenues. In fiscal year 2014, drilling and mining activities generated more than $13 billion in revenues -- including royalties and rent -- for the government, according to Interior Department data. The agency has leased around 35 million acres of public land for oil and gas development in particular -- just over 5 percent of the 650 million acres of federally owned land, and merely a sliver of the 1.7 billion acres of federal waters.
Obama Administration To Hold Oil And Gas Lease Auction Amid Paris Climate Change Conference
The Obama administration on Friday ordered a moratorium on new leases for coal mined from federal lands as part of a sweeping review of the government’s management of vast amounts of taxpayer-owned coal throughout the West.
Interior Secretary Sally Jewell announced the temporary halt, saying it was time for a re-examination of the decades-old coal-leasing program, from health and environmental impacts to whether U.S. citizens are getting a fair return for the hundreds of millions of tons of government-owned coal that are mined and sold each year.
“It is abundantly clear that times are different in the energy sector now than they were 30 years ago, and we must undertake a review and that’s what we need to do as responsible stewards of the nation’s assets,” Jewell said in a conference call with reporters. “That was a time, 30 years ago, when our nation had very different priorities and needs. The result was a federal coal program designed to get as much coal out of the ground as possible, and in many ways that’s the program that we’ve been operating ever since.”
Never in the history of the USA has any president so misunderstood how the economy worked and has worked to dismantle the USA.

Gas is $1.60 a gallon . BAM!!!

Govt. does not create jobs....True.......BUT..........

True, govt doesn't create jobs. People do, through business activities. (You didn't know that?)

But govt is capable of getting in the way to the people creating jobs. By taking money from them. And/or enacting restrictions that prevent the jobs. And/or taking money from their customers so the job creators can't sell as much stuff and so have no reason to hire more people. And/or creating unstable and unpredictable environments ("How much will govt increase our taxes and regulations next year?") that discourages job-creators from taking risks and trying innovations.

So when jobs fall, often govt is the cause, and deserves criticism. And when jobs increase, it's usually the result of govt simply doing nothing: not getting in the way.

Anything else you need explained to you?

Oil and Gas Statistics

Thank the Saudis for that

Oil and Gas Statistics

Oh, the because it's down Obama can affect gas prices view?

How about we have 100% employment by having everyone employed by the government.... Private sector jobs would be useless and our country would resemble the communist state of Russia. Diabolical.

A bit extreme, don't you think.....??? NO ONE stated that private sector jobs are not necessary. When Koch industries decides to build another interstate highway 95 or 40 or 15 for everyone's FREE use, or build a Hoover Dam or a Baltimore Harbor, then I would agree that private sector jobs are more important than government jobs

A bit extreme, don't you think.....??? NO ONE stated that private sector jobs are not necessary. When Koch industries decides to build another interstate highway 95 or 40 or 15 for everyone's FREE use, or build a Hoover Dam or a Baltimore Harbor, then I would agree that private sector jobs are more important than government jobs

You buffoon roads and bridges are built by private firms, the government pays for them with our taxes

How can a country be governed, when more than half of elected officials do NOT believe in government?

Yet, we may notice republican candidates (who do not believe in government) would readily kill their own grandmother to get elected to be part of that government......The hypocrisy is both interesting and nauseating.

Yet, we may notice republican candidates (who do not believe in government)

Which candidates don't believe in government?

Oil and Gas Statistics

Obama wants Gas to be $9.60 a gallon . POW!!!

So you think only Democrats should be allowed to vote?

True, govt doesn't create jobs. People do, through business activities. (You didn't know that?)

But govt is capable of getting in the way to the people creating jobs. By taking money from them. And/or enacting restrictions that prevent the jobs. And/or taking money from their customers so the job creators can't sell as much stuff and so have no reason to hire more people. And/or creating unstable and unpredictable environments ("How much will govt increase our taxes and regulations next year?") that discourages job-creators from taking risks and trying innovations.

So when jobs fall, often govt is the cause, and deserves criticism. And when jobs increase, it's usually the result of govt simply doing nothing: not getting in the way.

Sure, I always take lessons from nitiwits.....just for the humor such lessons elicit.....

Now......Since 2010 you right wingers have pretty much controlled BOTH the legislature (in DC and state capitols) AND the supreme Court.......IF government was such a MAJOR problem to job creation, what the fuck happened to fool you moronic right wingers so much???

You buffoon roads and bridges are built by private firms, the government pays for them with our taxes

True, and then YOU ARE saying that government CREATES private jobs....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.... (and the kind of jobs that CANNOT be shipped overseas)

Oil and Gas Statistics

Oh, the because it's down Obama can affect gas prices view?

Oh, cause the poster didn't bring up obama trying to raise gas prices?

Which is it? The prez can only raise gas prices or the prez can help lower ??

Sure, I always take lessons from nitiwits.....just for the humor such lessons elicit........Since 2010 you right wingers have pretty much controlled BOTH the legislature (in DC and state capitols) AND the supreme Court.......IF government was such a MAJOR problem to job creation, what the fuck happened to fool you moronic right wingers so much???
TRANSLATION: can't refute anything you said, but I hate it anyway. So I'll call you names that I can't even spell, and try to change the subject fast. Maybe someone will believe me instead of you somehow.

Forum List

Back