Grandfather Claims Self-Defense After Gunning Down 23-Month-Old GrandSon

How is this bullshit information? Did not the man kill his grandson by using a gun in an argument with his son-in-law? What this is, and what people seem to fail to understand, is that this is yet another example of why ordinary people should not be able to have firearms. They use guns for all the wrong reasons and/or they are irresponsible about them causing innocent bystanders to be killed. How many times a day is someone killed or injured because a so-called regular citizen and 'responsible' gun owner uses poor judgment? Ordinary folks cannot be trusted to behave responsibly.

The people shouldn't be allowed to vote for the very same reasons.

The act of voting doesn't kill people. The act of firing a gun kills people.

How is this bullshit information? Did not the man kill his grandson by using a gun in an argument with his son-in-law? What this is, and what people seem to fail to understand, is that this is yet another example of why ordinary people should not be able to have firearms. They use guns for all the wrong reasons and/or they are irresponsible about them causing innocent bystanders to be killed. How many times a day is someone killed or injured because a so-called regular citizen and 'responsible' gun owner uses poor judgment? Ordinary folks cannot be trusted to behave responsibly.

2009 Motor Vehicle deaths 40,000.

Guess we need to abolish cars.

Over and over again the same old falacious arguments. Cars and guns cannot be compared, for numerous reasons. "An argument by analogy is only as strong as the comparison on which it rests. The weak analogy fallacy (or “false analogy”, or “questionable analogy”) is committed when the comparison is not strong enough." http://www.logicalfallacies.info/relevance/weak-analogy/

Cars and guns have completely different purposes. Guns are designed to kill. Cars have a completely different purpose. If we use your 'analogy,' then everything in life would need to be abolished because nearly everything in life can kill you one way or another; to try to make a comparison between cars and guns is a false comparison. A gun is a weapon. The only fair comparison is another type of weapon.

Last edited:
11,000 homocides, 1000 accidental deaths, by the use of guns in the US last year. Kind of third world stastics that our 'Conservatives' are so proud of.

Poor, poor baby. What an awful thing to have happen to a family. :(

6909412_700b.jpg

And had a child come by, picked up that loaded gun and killed someone, you would have given the person placing the gun there hero status.

11,000 homocides, 1000 accidental deaths, by the use of guns in the US last year. Kind of third world stastics that our 'Conservatives' are so proud of.

Remove Chicago, Detroit, L.A. and other such cities from your calculations and you'll fine that we closer to the bottom of the gun violence list than the top.

We don't have a gun problem we have a problem with our cities.

Remove Chicago, Detroit, L.A. and other such cities from your calculations and you'll fine that we closer to the bottom of the gun violence list than the top.

We don't have a gun problem we have a problem with our cities.

just remove gun violence by gangs and we go way down on that list......those guys are the real "gun-nuts" in this Country.....not the guy down the street who owns 3-4 guns and will never shoot anybody.....

Certainly there is more than one problem regarding violence in America. Inner city violence is a problem. Gangs are a problem. Drugs are a problem. Child abuse is a problem. Domestic violence is a problem. And the number of people who are killed purposefully or accidentally with guns owned by private citizens is a problem. It is very difficult to understand how anyone with any decency can honestly dismiss such things as small or young children dying because of a gun accident with a gun owned by a family member, or how someone with any decency can casually dismiss the massacres that occur in American schools, shopping centers, fast food restaurants, post offices and businesses, malls, movie theatres, etc. These things are a problem. Looking at them statistically, and measuring them against gang violence or drug violence or inner city violence or even car accidents and saying because they are small numbers in comparison, they don't matter. We lose far less people world wide in plane accidents than we do in car accidents: that doesn't mean we dismiss plane crashes as meaningless. Everyone takes them very seriously and sane people do everything they can to prevent them. Dismissing gun massacres or accidents in the US because the number of dead is small compared to the number killed in inner city gang, drug related crime is not sane. It is no more sane than it would be to dismiss plane accidents because the number of people killed is small in comparison to the deaths in car accidents. We should do everything we can to prevents gun deaths in America, all kinds of gun deaths.

Liberals trolling the Internet for these stories, how fucking sick is that?

No one has to troll for them. They come up on yahoo, msn, and other homepages practically every day.

Liberals trolling the Internet for these stories, how fucking sick is that?

Thanks for making my point

I didn't make your point, I negated your point. I look at what's on my homepage, news items and other things. It doesn't mean I am trolling for anything. I am reading the homepage, whether it is yahoo or msn or whatever. There are a lot of stories on them that are not on the local news channels and not on the cable & network programs.

If you never read what's on your homepage, that's your issue. Millions of people read their homepages. They are not trolling for anything; they are reading.

What is sick is cheerfully and willfully dismissing the deaths of innocent people because you support the outdated concept that every idiot in America should possess as many and any type of firearm he/she wants. That's sick.

Last edited:
What is sick is cheerfully and willfully dismissing the deaths of innocent people because you support the outdated concept that every idiot in America should possess as many and any type of firearm he/she wants. That's sick.

its no more sick than the ant-"gun nuts" who very very very seldom talk about the innocent inner cities kids who die daily across the Country because of gang violence.....instead they wait until a bunch of white rich kids get shot.....and then concentrate on the innocent people who happen to own a few guns....

Another pointless, repetitive and illogical argument we get over and over again. Why don't you guys come up with some new material. No one is ignoring the inner city kids and the violence there. No one has ever done that. The violence problem is directly related to drugs. It mainly has to do with drugs, racism and poverty. The left brings up the problems of racism and poverty regularly, which the right responds to by saying it doesn't exist. You want it both ways. You want to say the poor, black inner city community is responsible for their own problems. You want to say that racism does not exist. You want to say that the black community has every advantage and that the reason they don't do better is because the black race is inferior. But the truth is the problems in poor, inner city communities, which are often black communities, do have to do with racism and poverty and drugs. That is the crux of the problem. The gun violence and the gangs are a symptom of the problem. We need to get rid of racism and poverty. If those kids had a viable, reasonable chance at a future like other kids do, they wouldn't be joining gangs. If we could change the situation of poor people, give them better education and a better standard of living, and a real belief in a better future, those kids would not be getting involved in gangs and drugs. You want to say, do nothing for the blacks, for the poor, it's their own fault; and then at the same time you want to say that the left doesn't care and isn't doing anything about the problems of poor inner city kids. Totally illogical.

Another pointless, repetitive and illogical argument we get over and over again. Why don't you guys come up with some new material. No one is ignoring the inner city kids and the violence there. No one has ever done that. The violence problem is directly related to drugs. It mainly has to do with drugs, racism and poverty. The left brings up the problems of racism and poverty regularly, which the right responds to by saying it doesn't exist. You want it both ways. You want to say the poor, black inner city community is responsible for their own problems. You want to say that racism does not exist. You want to say that the black community has every advantage and that the reason they don't do better is because the black race is inferior. But the truth is the problems in poor, inner city communities, which are often black communities, do have to do with racism and poverty and drugs. That is the crux of the problem. The gun violence and the gangs are a symptom of the problem. We need to get rid of racism and poverty. If those kids had a viable, reasonable chance at a future like other kids do, they wouldn't be joining gangs. If we could change the situation of poor people, give them better education and a better standard of living, and a real belief in a better future, those kids would not be getting involved in gangs and drugs. You want to say, do nothing for the blacks, for the poor, it's their own fault; and then at the same time you want to say that the left doesn't care and isn't doing anything about the problems of poor inner city kids. Totally illogical.

How much blame goes to the race baiting industry Esmerelda. Government representatives that want the votes (generations trapped in government dependance) but don't actually represent, the race baiting charlatans that profit from the misery, the black leaders who don't have the guts to lead, the religious leaders that ride the morality collapse.

African Americans need employment (not handouts), Education (not dropouts), drug and crime enforcement (not fear of their neighbors) moral leadership (not putrid rap). Politically, Democrats including Obama have failed them and will continue to do so, it's an obvious fact.

Last edited:
Damn. If only the baby had been armed.

Sadly on Tuesday night, 23-month-old Deandre Vega joined the 7,416 people that have been killed by gun violence since Newtown when his grandfather, 39-year-old Luis Efrain Torres, set out to kill another family member.

Just before 10:00 pm on Tuesday an altercation erupted between Torres and little Deandre’s father, Rochell McCoy, in Torres’ driveway in Lilburn, Georgia. During the argument Torres pulled a gun and fired shots at McCoy, inadvertently striking Deandre. After hearing gunshots neighbors called 911; when first responders arrived they found the child laying in the driveway and rushed him to a nearby medical center where he later died.

“I was arguing with him and him with me,” Torres explained, “And he threw me to the floor and pushed me and hit me.”
When Torres realized what happened, he ran to the child’s side, he said. He said he’s devastated by his grandson’s death. “I love my family, but I lost everything.”

Read more: 'Responsible' Gun Owner Grandfather Claims Self-Defense After Gunning Down 23-Month-Old (VIDEO) -

This is a new low for you.

That it does, but it never deems working in the ghetto like some of us conservatives have actually done is what they should be doing.

Damn. If only the baby had been armed.

Sadly on Tuesday night, 23-month-old Deandre Vega joined the 7,416 people that have been killed by gun violence since Newtown when his grandfather, 39-year-old Luis Efrain Torres, set out to kill another family member.

Just before 10:00 pm on Tuesday an altercation erupted between Torres and little Deandre’s father, Rochell McCoy, in Torres’ driveway in Lilburn, Georgia. During the argument Torres pulled a gun and fired shots at McCoy, inadvertently striking Deandre. After hearing gunshots neighbors called 911; when first responders arrived they found the child laying in the driveway and rushed him to a nearby medical center where he later died.

“I was arguing with him and him with me,” Torres explained, “And he threw me to the floor and pushed me and hit me.”
When Torres realized what happened, he ran to the child’s side, he said. He said he’s devastated by his grandson’s death. “I love my family, but I lost everything.”

Read more: 'Responsible' Gun Owner Grandfather Claims Self-Defense After Gunning Down 23-Month-Old (VIDEO) -

yeah like those thugs who killed the 13 month old baby . If only the mother was packing the baby would be alive and the guns the guys had were *ILLEGAL guess what this would have happened regardless

2009 Motor Vehicle deaths 40,000.

Guess we need to abolish cars.

Over and over again the same old falacious arguments. Cars and guns cannot be compared, for numerous reasons. "An argument by analogy is only as strong as the comparison on which it rests. The weak analogy fallacy (or “false analogy”, or “questionable analogy”) is committed when the comparison is not strong enough." Logical Fallacies» Weak Analogy

Cars and guns have completely different purposes. Guns are designed to kill. Cars have a completely different purpose. If we use your 'analogy,' then everything in life would need to be abolished because nearly everything in life can kill you one way or another; to try to make a comparison between cars and guns is a false comparison. A gun is a weapon. The only fair comparison is another type of weapon.

Its not "fair" because you say so...

:eusa_boohoo:

I bet everything you disagree with and for which you cannot support an argument is not "fair," right?

Grow up.

Forum List

Back