GREAT AGAIN: New Life For Steel Plant Perks Up Depressed Illinois Town...

Manufacturing output in the US is twice what it was 1985.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Manufacturing in the United States - Wikipedia
Manufacturing sector employment in the U.S. 1985-2016 | Statistic

please illustrate how you got this number.

I got it from the Fred.stlouis.org. Sorry I cannot link to it via my phone. They report Manufacturing Sector: Real Output

Your links are for employment numbers, I was speaking of output.

found it.

Manufacturing Sector: Real Output

wonder what they are including for the "output". we don't make much of anything anymore in regard to tv's, appliances, cars are all over the map in mexico and canada but still seems to be the last we're producing of big ticket items.

Keeping with the steel theme we produce 81 million tons as opposed to the 26 million we import

Steel production figures United States 2017 | Statistic

outside 2009 sucking non-steel balls, we've been on a decline since 2006 and starting to "tick back up" in 2017. we'll see how the trending continues.

Yes we have been, but we still produce in the neighborhood of 75 to 80 percent of the steel we use. That is not the picture being painted by the people pushing tariffs

I got it from the Fred.stlouis.org. Sorry I cannot link to it via my phone. They report Manufacturing Sector: Real Output

Your links are for employment numbers, I was speaking of output.

found it.

Manufacturing Sector: Real Output

wonder what they are including for the "output". we don't make much of anything anymore in regard to tv's, appliances, cars are all over the map in mexico and canada but still seems to be the last we're producing of big ticket items.

Keeping with the steel theme we produce 81 million tons as opposed to the 26 million we import

Steel production figures United States 2017 | Statistic

outside 2009 sucking non-steel balls, we've been on a decline since 2006 and starting to "tick back up" in 2017. we'll see how the trending continues.

Yes we have been, but we still produce in the neighborhood of 75 to 80 percent of the steel we use. That is not the picture being painted by the people pushing tariffs

so few tell the truth to get what they want.

Some third world countries are moving away from those industries and the dumb asses wants to go back to them.

We'll be glad to take all the jobs they want to give us.
Go get education. Why you wanna do hard labor for a small change?

Who said I did? But only a leftist would believe that bringing jobs back to America is a bad idea. Now if we can just get rid of the foreigners who are keeping our wages down, America will be great again.
The US always had foreigners since its creation, and that's what made it different.

Not 11 million or more illegal ones. A few won't lower American wages; millions do.
Dude most Americans can' and won't do most of the jobs that illegals do. I see it first hand on daily basis....most beggers in my city if not all are healthy white males.

Who said I did? But only a leftist would believe that bringing jobs back to America is a bad idea. Now if we can just get rid of the foreigners who are keeping our wages down, America will be great again.
The US always had foreigners since its creation, and that's what made it different.

Not 11 million or more illegal ones. A few won't lower American wages; millions do.
Dude most Americans can' and won't do most of the jobs that illegals do. I see it first hand on daily basis....most beggers in my city if not all are healthy white males.
Maybe you should get a job and just panhandle in your spare time.

We know bringing quality jobs back to American Citizens doesn't excite Democrats. It's all about placating Non-Citizens for them now. But for most others, this is great news.

Go Trump!

Ever since the layoffs a few years ago, many residents here had wondered when the local steel plant would again fire up its furnaces—or close forever.

Not only were hundreds of steelworkers left jobless when United States Steel Corp. X -1.49% scaled down its operations in Granite City, Ill., in 2015, but lunch deliveries to the plant vanished for a local diner while a shoe store’s work-boot sales plummeted. At least 26 businesses closed within a year, according to an area chamber of commerce.

“We were in a deep state of depression here, and not sure if it would ever open again,” said Mayor Ed Hagnauer, who was first elected in 2005.

Suddenly things are looking up for Granite City, an industrial town with a population of about 30,000 across the Mississippi River from St. Louis...

Read More:
New Life for Steel Plant Perks Up Depressed Illinois Town, Workforce
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

I live a stones throw from Granite City, trust me it will take more than 500 folks going back to work for a little while to bring it back to life.

Any more sour grapes you wish to share Mr. negativity?

FALSE. Americans used to do home construction, drywall and roofing, some went on to become home builders after learning the trades.

Steel jobs? Coal jobs? The cons love 18th century era, don't they?
What are you going to build cars, buildings & bridges out of? Playdoe?

Stupid fucking leftists

That stupid moron is typical of the left. Damn but they have their heads up their ass, secure in their government jobs they give two shits about blue collar workers.
It boggles my mind that they hate on these kinds of jobs. My job is back breaking like those jobs. The thing is those jobs make the lives of others better. They typically pay good and provide for a good future for the families who otherwise might get left behind. Many children were put through school thanks to the sacrifices their parents made doing hard labor jobs.

It's called the entitlement generation. Thanks dims.

FALSE. Americans used to do home construction, drywall and roofing, some went on to become home builders after learning the trades.
I started out as a laborer making 5 or 6 bucks an hour. I am now a contractor making my own future

We know bringing quality jobs back to American Citizens doesn't excite Democrats. It's all about placating Non-Citizens for them now. But for most others, this is great news.

Go Trump!

Ever since the layoffs a few years ago, many residents here had wondered when the local steel plant would again fire up its furnaces—or close forever.

Not only were hundreds of steelworkers left jobless when United States Steel Corp. X -1.49% scaled down its operations in Granite City, Ill., in 2015, but lunch deliveries to the plant vanished for a local diner while a shoe store’s work-boot sales plummeted. At least 26 businesses closed within a year, according to an area chamber of commerce.

“We were in a deep state of depression here, and not sure if it would ever open again,” said Mayor Ed Hagnauer, who was first elected in 2005.

Suddenly things are looking up for Granite City, an industrial town with a population of about 30,000 across the Mississippi River from St. Louis...

Read More:
New Life for Steel Plant Perks Up Depressed Illinois Town, Workforce
DRUDGE REPORT 2018[emoji768]

I live a stones throw from Granite City, trust me it will take more than 500 folks going back to work for a little while to bring it back to life.

Any more sour grapes you wish to share Mr. negativity?

Realty sucks sometimes, get your head out if Trump’s ass and experience it for a change

Stupid fucking leftists

That stupid moron is typical of the left. Damn but they have their heads up their ass, secure in their government jobs they give two shits about blue collar workers.
It boggles my mind that they hate on these kinds of jobs. My job is back breaking like those jobs. The thing is those jobs make the lives of others better. They typically pay good and provide for a good future for the families who otherwise might get left behind. Many children were put through school thanks to the sacrifices their parents made doing hard labor jobs.

Those jobs pay their government salaries. When you look at a Dem state after they destroy their private sector businesses with taxes and regulations, they stand around in shock after being told there's no money left to fund their government pensions.

I started out as a laborer making 5 or 6 bucks an hour. I am now a contractor making my own future

Thank you! I started out picking cabbage on a farm for $2 an hour in the hot sun. Hence my worth ethic and motivation to better myself.

Stupid fucking leftists

Those jobs pay their government salaries. When you look at a Dem state after they destroy their private sector businesses with taxes and regulations, they stand around in shock after being told there's no money left to fund their government pensions.
Is that why California is the 5th biggest economy in the world? Why do we have thousands of corporations? Those dumb asses should go to Alabama or Tennessee to flourish...NOT!!!

Instead of going backwards, how about we try adapting our work force to new industries?

Sure thing, dumbass.....except we were told we could all become computer programmers/software engineers for the last 20 years....how did that work out?

So why bother right? you didn't learn how to be a quitter in the USMC....or did you?

Stupid fucking leftists
Save 500 steel jobs and millions pay for it while thousands get fired. Very smart from you regressives.
Thousands get fired? Millions pay for it?
Are you mistaking your hopes for reality? Predictions for fact?

Instead of going backwards, how about we try adapting our work force to new industries?

Sure thing, dumbass.....except we were told we could all become computer programmers/software engineers for the last 20 years....how did that work out?

We were? I’ve never been told that. Nobody in my high school told us that. Nobody in college did either

Forum List

Back