GREAT AGAIN: New Life For Steel Plant Perks Up Depressed Illinois Town...

At least he's trying to bring quality American Jobs back to our country.

To what detriment?

Why steel tariffs failed when Bush was president
/----/ SO WHAT DO WE DO, JUST SIT BACK AS THESE COUNTRIES DUMP SUBSIDIZED STEEL IN THE US?

6. I’m in the medical instrumentation business. How much do you think I will increase the cost of my instruments? $5. $10........ How about maybe at the minimum $1,500 or $2,000.

Bad idea. Very bad idea.

In reality this very good for my pocketbook. But how about the general population? How about my customers (hospitals) that will increase their services to compensate?
Look at the ripple effect of this dumb tariffs policy.

Bad idea. Very bad idea.
/——-/ Rush is right again. Folks will say the tariffs will work good for me but I’m scared it might harm everyone else so I’m against it. MSM strikes again.

Or maybe some people have read the recent history of tariffs and do not rely on Rush to tell them what to think

At least he's trying to bring quality American Jobs back to our country.

To what detriment?

Why steel tariffs failed when Bush was president
/----/ SO WHAT DO WE DO, JUST SIT BACK AS THESE COUNTRIES DUMP SUBSIDIZED STEEL IN THE US?

Well my friend...... Look at the current economy. Does it look like these companies that are in the steel and aluminum business are suffering? These are the casualties of success which is very good as far as in general are concerned.

Here is the reality. Forget that you are a Trump supporter for a second.
The bottom line:
1. Prices of steel and aluminum all over US may it be local or imports will increase tremendously favoring his buddies.
2. Prices of products that are heavily rely on steel and aluminum such as cars, can goods, medical instruments manufacturers, tools etc etc etc...... will increase.
3. Hard to compete overseas with our products as it is.
4. Our partners overseas will retaliate. Thus harder to sell our products as it is.
5. Remember some of those countries can live with less sacrifices without buying our products.
6. I’m in the medical instrumentation business. How much do you think I will increase the cost of my instruments? $5. $10........ How about maybe at the minimum $1,500 or $2,000.

Bad idea. Very bad idea.
/——-/ OK you convinced me. Let’s just roll over and play dead. Problem solved.

Bad idea. Very bad idea.

In reality this very good for my pocketbook. But how about the general population? How about my customers (hospitals) that will increase their services to compensate?

Bad idea. Very bad idea.
/——-/ Rush is right again. Folks will say the tariffs will work good for me but I’m scared it might harm everyone else so I’m against it. MSM strikes again.

Or maybe some people have read the recent history of tariffs and do not rely on Rush to tell them what to think
/——/ I can always count on you to totally misunderstand a simple post.

Bad idea. Very bad idea.

Bad idea. Very bad idea.

I did not miss a thing, I just called you out for being a dittohead

Bad idea. Very bad idea.

Bad idea. Very bad idea.

/——/ And I call you out for being a useful idiot.

Bad idea. Very bad idea.

/——/ And I call you out for being a useful idiot.
:2up:

...And we have not lost our manufacturing capability. That's a fear tactic.
Hor$e$hit.

Manufacturing output in the US is twice what it was 1985.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
If, by 'manufacturing output', you include all of the so-called 'manufacturing' that consists of nothing more than assembly plants for foreign-made parts, then, well, yeah...

If you're talking about the manufacture of materials and parts for assembly, well, not so much...

We know bringing quality jobs back to American Citizens doesn't excite Democrats. It's all about placating Non-Citizens for them now. But for most others, this is great news.

Go Trump!

Ever since the layoffs a few years ago, many residents here had wondered when the local steel plant would again fire up its furnaces—or close forever.

Not only were hundreds of steelworkers left jobless when United States Steel Corp. X -1.49% scaled down its operations in Granite City, Ill., in 2015, but lunch deliveries to the plant vanished for a local diner while a shoe store’s work-boot sales plummeted. At least 26 businesses closed within a year, according to an area chamber of commerce.

“We were in a deep state of depression here, and not sure if it would ever open again,” said Mayor Ed Hagnauer, who was first elected in 2005.

Suddenly things are looking up for Granite City, an industrial town with a population of about 30,000 across the Mississippi River from St. Louis...

Read More:
New Life for Steel Plant Perks Up Depressed Illinois Town, Workforce
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Swap 100 steel jobs for minus 1000 jobs everywhere else. WOoooo go Trump. Making jobs and ignoring everything else since 2017!
It's not so much 'jobs' as it is self-sufficiency in the manufacture of both materials and parts, as well as whole items.

...The term "globalism" has a distinct history. Maybe you should learn it before you use it...
Most folks thoroughly understand both the term and the condition that it describes; that's highly problematic for internationalists.

...And you are still suggesting that a moron can solve complex issues with a tweet or by executive order. He's a moron. He has not thought the issue through. We all know this. His motivation is purely political...
Trump is a nightmare and constitutes a dumbing-down of the Presidency; nevertheless, even a broken clock is right, twice a day. Tariff's could very well be a good start.

Hor$e$hit.

Yeah. We lost it, but now that we have tariffs, steel mills will be back up in no time! Ask a Trombie.
Nothing else has worked... so now we go to the matresses...

...The term "globalism" has a distinct history. Maybe you should learn it before you use it...
Most folks thoroughly understand both the term and the condition that it describes; that's highly problematic for internationalists.

...And you are still suggesting that a moron can solve complex issues with a tweet or by executive order. He's a moron. He has not thought the issue through. We all know this. His motivation is purely political...
Trump is a nightmare and constitutes a dumbing-down of the Presidency; nevertheless, even a broken clock is right, twice a day. Tariff's could very well be a good start.

Hor$e$hit.

Yeah. We lost it, but now that we have tariffs, steel mills will be back up in no time! Ask a Trombie.

No. Sorry. Much has worked. What hasn't worked is TRICKLE DOWN economics. But that's what we are now trying AGAIN.

See ya on the other side.

Hor$e$hit.

No. Sorry. Much has worked. What hasn't worked is TRICKLE DOWN economics. But that's what we are now trying AGAIN.

/——/ And when it does work will you have the balls to admit it?

Hor$e$hit.

Do you have the balls to admit it has not worked in the past?

Hor$e$hit.

Sure. But I will require evidence.

We know bringing quality jobs back to American Citizens doesn't excite Democrats. It's all about placating Non-Citizens for them now. But for most others, this is great news.

Go Trump!

Ever since the layoffs a few years ago, many residents here had wondered when the local steel plant would again fire up its furnaces—or close forever.

Not only were hundreds of steelworkers left jobless when United States Steel Corp. X -1.49% scaled down its operations in Granite City, Ill., in 2015, but lunch deliveries to the plant vanished for a local diner while a shoe store’s work-boot sales plummeted. At least 26 businesses closed within a year, according to an area chamber of commerce.

“We were in a deep state of depression here, and not sure if it would ever open again,” said Mayor Ed Hagnauer, who was first elected in 2005.

Suddenly things are looking up for Granite City, an industrial town with a population of about 30,000 across the Mississippi River from St. Louis...

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

But wait, there's more!

U.S. Steel is bringing back 500 workers, but tariffs could cost thousands of jobs

Hor$e$hit.

/——/ it did work in the past but libtards are in full denial.

Hor$e$hit.

/——/ You were barely 20 when Reagan was president I was 35 and experienced trickle down working.

Go Trump!

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

But wait, there's more!

U.S. Steel is bringing back 500 workers, but tariffs could cost thousands of jobs
/----/ I like the Libtard Moonbat approach, "Roll over and play dead. Let the Chinks and Japs use US workers as a door mat. It's worked for decades."
special-moonbat.jpg

...No. Sorry. Much has worked...
Incorrect. Our trade-imbalances, with respect to manufactured goods, and our closed factories, tell us what we need to know.

...What hasn't worked is TRICKLE DOWN economics. But that's what we are now trying AGAIN...
Stupidity on one front (trickle-down) does not negate the concept of resurrecting our manufacturing base nor the related early tactics we now see unfolding.

...See ya on the other side.
We are probably standing on the same side of the barricades with respect to trickle-down, or close to it, but that is immaterial in the context of this thread.

Forum List

Back