Great Moments in music

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
1969. Joe Walsh sells Jimmy Page a 1958 Led Paul for $500. Page retires the Jeff Beck Yardbirds Telecaster that he used for LZ1 and records LZII with the Les Paul

Last edited:
1969. Joe Walsh sells Jimmy Page a 1958 Led Paul for $500. Page retires the Jeff Beck Yardbirds Telecaster that he used for LZ1 and records LZII with the Led Paul

I think you mean Les Paul, but I get the idea.

Pages solos with the Telecaster were rapid fire and influenced Eddie Van Halen among others (Eruption). His solos and musical constructions with the Les Paul were even better.

1969. Joe Walsh sells Jimmy Page a 1958 Led Paul for $500. Page retires the Jeff Beck Yardbirds Telecaster that he used for LZ1 and records LZII with the Led Paul

I think you mean Les Paul, but I get the idea.

Pages solos with the Telecaster were rapid fire and influenced Eddie Van Halen among others (Eruption). His solos and musical constructions with the Les Paul were even better.

If only he'd had a lick of discipline. :rolleyes:

If I happened to run off a particularly sloppy discombobulated solo my bandmates would ride me with "hey, you're sounding like Jimmy Page". I hated that.

I love to watch my late beautiful precious Billy Joe Royal sing "The Games People Play" with Joe South and Tommy Roe at the 5:45 mark of this Ed Sullivan show clip. To me, his voice only got better as time went on and I also love how there was no keeping him still during the song too. :) :) :)

God bless you and Tommy always!!!

Holly

P.S. Right me if I am wrong, but I believe that Joe South went forward in 2012.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back