Charlton Heston
Jimmy Stewart
Gregory Peck
Robert Mitchum
Henry Fonda
Gary Cooper
William Holden
Burt Lancaster
That is a good list but we need to add Cary Grant, Jack Nickelson, Tom Hanks, James Cagney, and Clark Gable.

There are too many good actors and actresses to name. My favorites is the best I can do:

Humphrey Bogart
John Wayne
Clint Eastwood
Mel Gibson
Sigourney Weaver
Bruce Willis
Morgan Freeman
Joe Pesci
Gary Oldman
Mika Yovovich

The Duke pretty much played the Duke in every movie. I recall he played a Norwegian merchant seaman with an accent in a WW2 vintage movie "the long voyage home" and the role was laughable. I think John Wayne's best vintage roles were Sgt. Stryker in the "Sands of Iwo Jima" and "Hondo" in Hondo. His last movie wasn't bad playing an old gunfighter with cancer when he was suffering from cancer.

He played Genghis Khan too. :auiqs.jpg:

When I watched the movie "Sling Blade", I didn't have a clue the mentally challenged lead character Karl was played by Billy Bob Thornton.

His performance was the epitome of world class acting. ... :thup: .. :cool:

Great film and performance, but he's never approached that level since.

The Duke pretty much played the Duke in every movie. I recall he played a Norwegian merchant seaman with an accent in a WW2 vintage movie "the long voyage home" and the role was laughable. I think John Wayne's best vintage roles were Sgt. Stryker in the "Sands of Iwo Jima" and "Hondo" in Hondo. His last movie wasn't bad playing an old gunfighter with cancer when he was suffering from cancer.

John Wayne was the most versatile actor ever. He played a cowboy, a soldier, a detective, an oil man, a safari hunter, a retied boxer, and many other types of character.

You actually think this shit is funny?

Fire your writers.

Go fuck yourself, Pogo.

When's the last time you saw Stephanie Powers? Think on that a minute.

Most likely before Robert Urich killed her.

I always did get him and the other Robert mixed up

1. John Wayne

th

2. Clint Eastwood
th

3. Arnold Schwartzeneggar
th

4. Sylvester Stallone
th

5. Jean Claude Van Damme
th

6. Harrison Ford
th

7. Sean Connery
View attachment 223390
I don't think you know what the word "actor" means.

Forum List

Back