Greedy NFL is at it again.

CrazyTrader55

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2024
Eastern U.S.
The NFL just never seems to have enough, they are the greediest bunch of people I've ever seen. And, I'm a fan.
Seems they don't like the new uniforms that the University Of Houston is using, as they are similar to the old Houston Oilers uniforms.
Only problem for the NFL is, that the Oilers left town decades ago and no longer exist.

It says here that the NFL has no case.

Never liked the 'oil derrick' on the helmets. Goofy.

1714656801932.png

As if the NFL and get anymore pettier.

Didn't the Titans cause a uproar when they wore the old Houston Oilers colors in a game against the Texans last year?
A sentimental uproar, perhaps, but the Titans own the rights to the Oilers unis.

I hate the NFL, they are consumed with revenue, even though they are rolling in cash, playing games in Brazil now along with Germany and London and charging people to watch playoff games, all while sweeping off the field issues under the rug.

A sentimental uproar, perhaps, but the Titans own the rights to the Oilers unis.

I hate the NFL, they are consumed with revenue, even though they are rolling in cash, playing games in Brazil now along with Germany and London and charging people to watch playoff games, all while sweeping off the field issues under the rug.
Yeah, the Amazon games are FUBAR. If they keep it up they will go the way of MLB.

Yeah, the Amazon games are FUBAR. If they keep it up they will go the way of MLB.
No they won't. Football isn't baseball, the number of games is limited, people will continue to pay through the nose to watch the NFL.
Look at the amount of money that people paid for personal seat licenses at some of these newer stadiums. Highway robbery, but people want their seats.

"Off the field issues" should stay off the field.

The colors are cool. Somewhat like the Chargers old colors also. So professional sports teams have a monopoly on colors now.

No they won't. Football isn't baseball, the number of games is limited, people will continue to pay through the nose to watch the NFL.
Not me.....There is a point when you just have to say No Mas. The NFL is just not there yet.

With MLB it was when the Cleveland Indians were pressured to change their name to whatever it is now. I could give two shits about MLB now.

Not me.....There is a point when you just have to say No Mas. The NFL is just not there yet.

With MLB it was when the Cleveland Indians were pressured to change their name to whatever it is now. I could give two shits about MLB now.
Agree....and college baseball is much more fun to watch anyway.

They are not wearing Oiler uniforms
Only the colors

I always thought it was strangely appropriate that the Sunday Night games had an opening song a few years ago that was a take off of “I Hate Myself For Loving You”. Any fan who thinks beyond the stat sheet has probably had a bout of self-doubt about the NFL. The wear and tear on the bodies, the absolutely non-stop merchandising (cited by the OP and others) and the general duplicity of embracing gambling after coming down so hard on players who gambled...ripping franchises away from cities for not mortgaging their future to appease billionaires. It’s just ridiculous.

I’ve made peace with the fact that my Raiders are pretty much a poster-child for all of the above. But I think even the most anti-NFL/franchise free agency honk would agree that the Oakland Coliseum was a 3rd rate venue since the 90’s (if not the 80’s). Nothing justifies tax money to fund a stadium that an owner could arrange financing for over lunch so the citizens of Oakland were right to not support it. But the Raiders had the best case of any of these teams that left their city of origination.

As to the point of the OP, I hope U of H wins. How many people in Houston really remember the Oilers that much? Nobody is going to confuse the products they see on the field for one another. Why UH wants to embrace powder blue is beyond me but whatever.

For one thing, Houston’s colors aren’t blue.
NFL is competing with another pro football league (NCAA football) so why shouldn’t they file a complaint?

With all the color combinations each team comes out with, doesn’t it seem some of their color choices would be the same as the hundreds of college teams.

Will the NFL pay to wear their colors?

Forum List

Back