Greeks Line Up at Banks and Drain ATMs as Tsipras Calls Vote

Grizz

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2015
"Greece’s banks may need an injection of fresh emergency funds to operate Monday as people rushed to pull out money after Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras called a referendum that could decide his country’s fate in the euro."

"Two senior Greek retail bank executives said as many as 500 of the country’s more than 7,000 ATMs had run out of cash as of Saturday morning, and that some lenders may not be able to open on Monday unless there was an emergency liquidity injection from the Bank of Greece. An official with Greece’s Capital Markets Commission, the markets’ regulator, also warned that the Athens Stock Exchange may be unable to operate on Monday without a cash injection into the banking system. A Greek central bank spokesman said it was making efforts to supply money."

Greeks Line Up at Banks and Drain ATMs as Tsipras Calls Vote - Bloomberg Business

Unless we curb spending and monetizing our debt this is what we face.

I should add that the monetization stopped last October, but our spending is out of control.

No. Even the IMF has stated that there are countries where austerity measures will not work. Basically, what you have is a lot of propaganda and nothing else.

I have been. If you think that this is going to be the right wing scream for '16 then we can sit here and watch it backfire, sugar pants.

I have been. If you think that this is going to be the right wing scream for '16 then we can sit here and watch it backfire, sugar pants.

(smile)

Keep watching honey, keep watching.

I intend to, sweetie pie. Let's see that little right wing propaganda machine get to work.

I intend to, sweetie pie. Let's see that little right wing propaganda machine get to work.

Bloomberg is a propaganda machine.....honey you may not be cut out for this....

When this economic house of cards comes down who is going to bail us out? Despite what some think the bill will come due I don't know when but they always do.

Liberals: We just print more money, silly

We are over $18 trillion in debt all we seen to care about is a flag and keeping illegals and gays happy.

I was talking to an associate yesterday and he told me a recent poll revealed 70% of Americans think an economic meltdown will happen. He and I both agreed the GOP should abandon this gay shit and otther nonsense and focus on what the people are worried about, 2016 will be a cake walk

When this economic house of cards comes down who is going to bail us out? Despite what some think the bill will come due I don't know when but they always do.

Liberals: We just print more money, silly

We are over $18 trillion in debt all we seen to care about is a flag and keeping illegals and gays happy.

I was talking to an associate yesterday and he told me a recent poll revealed 70% of Americans think an economic meltdown will happen. He and I both agreed the GOP should abandon this gay shit and otther nonsense and focus on what the people are worried about, 2016 will be a cake walk

It has to happen, you cannot CREATE 85 BILLION a month for almost a decade and not suffer repercussions.

Forum List

Back