Green New Deal Authors Ticked It’s Going Up for Vote

View attachment 245602

How dare those evil Republicans put our ideas up for a vote!

Twitter

Bonus from The NY Times:

“But the underlying faith of the Green New Deal is a faith in the guiding wisdom of the political elite. The authors of the Green New Deal assume that technocratic planners can master the movements of 328 million Americans and design a transportation system so that ‘air travel stops becoming necessary.’ (This is from people who couldn’t even organize the successful release of their own background document.)”

Opinion | How the Left Embraced Elitism

Does that mean that Mitch is going to write the legislation before they vote?

I don't doubt that Occasional Cortex would be a lot better off if Mitch - or anyone else - wrote her shit for her, but they're going to vote on what she herself wrote.

View attachment 245602

Twitter

Bonus from The NY Times:

“But the underlying faith of the Green New Deal is a faith in the guiding wisdom of the political elite. The authors of the Green New Deal assume that technocratic planners can master the movements of 328 million Americans and design a transportation system so that ‘air travel stops becoming necessary.’ (This is from people who couldn’t even organize the successful release of their own background document.)”

I don't doubt that Occasional Cortex would be a lot better off if Mitch - or anyone else - wrote her shit for her, but they're going to vote on what she herself wrote.

She didn't write a bill. She wrote "talking points".

You're tripping over your own hubris.

View attachment 245602

Twitter

Bonus from The NY Times:

No, you are tripping over your own ignorance. Again.

What she wrote was a thing that ACTUAL Americans, who ACTUALLY know something about our government, call a NON-BINDING RESOLUTION, to be submitted to the House to hopefully be voted on. I doubt that will happen now, because Nancy Pelosi would probably much prefer to bury it in the circular file and have everyone forget about it. It was accompanied by "talking points" and a FAQ explaining the resolution.

Seriously, I have no idea how you even manage to get out of bed in the morning, knowing that you're going to have to go through the entire day being yourself.

View attachment 245602

Twitter

Bonus from The NY Times:

Text - H.Res.109 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): Recognizing the duty of the Federal Government to create a Green New Deal.

Why do you keep lying?

We must act now or the planet will be dead in 12 years!

I do hope they pass out the real bill, not the fake ones going about the internet. By the way, Republicans who deny global warming are in the majority.

Just an FYI, there is a scientific argument against the alarmist global warming crowd.
A Weatherman Reveals Climate Truths

I for one do not support the US giving poor nations $trillions via the Paris Agreement to help them prove the law of diminishing returns.
Diminishing returns - Wikipedia
The Paris Accord is/was a total fuckinmg bullshit farce!
China 'agreed' to MAYBE look at the 'voluntary' rules MAYBE in 2030.
India could not be reached for comment. The dozens of little piglet countries used to sucking on the US teat were more than happy to 'sign on'.
Some of these piglets don't have a 'climate' that changes three degrees 24/7 12 months a year for Christ Sake!.

I do hope they pass out the real bill, not the fake ones going about the internet. By the way, Republicans who deny global warming are in the majority.

Just an FYI, there is a scientific argument against the alarmist global warming crowd.
A Weatherman Reveals Climate Truths

I for one do not support the US giving poor nations $trillions via the Paris Agreement to help them prove the law of diminishing returns.
Diminishing returns - Wikipedia
The Paris Accord is/was a total fuckinmg bullshit farce!
China 'agreed' to MAYBE look at the 'voluntary' rules MAYBE in 2030.
India could not be reached for comment. The dozens of little piglet countries used to sucking on the US teat were more than happy to 'sign on'.
Some of these piglets don't have a 'climate' that changes three degrees 24/7 12 months a year for Christ Sake!.

Klobuchar stated the other day that re-signing up to the Paris Accord would be one of the first things she would do if elected President.

CNN.com - Transcripts

God bless Joe Manchin, and excuse me while I fall over from shock at a Democrat being that sensible AND being willing to say it out loud.

"Chris, first of all, the Green New Deal was a dream. It's not a deal. It's a dream. And that's fine. People should have dreams, in the perfect world what they would like to see.

I got to work with the realities, and I got to work the practical, what I have in front of me. I got to make sure our country has affordable, dependable, reliable energy 24/7.

But you can't just be a denier and say, "Well, I'm not going to use coal. I'm not going to use natural gas. I'm not going to use oil."

And you have to understand also the climate, we talk about global climate, Chris, it's the globe. It's not North American climate. It's not the United States climate. It's the globe.

How do we bring on China and India and everybody else who are great users of carbon right now, and polluters of carbon, to be carbon-free also, by using technology?"

Sounds kinda like he's telling Occasional Cortex: "That's cute, honey. Now run away and play while the grownups talk."

Listen turds...the Green New Deal currently is a CONVERSATION. It's NOT a fully fleshed out program.

Stop acting stupid

" The Planet Is Full "

* A Better Plan *
Listen turds...the Green New Deal currently is a CONVERSATION. It's NOT a fully fleshed out program.
Stop acting stupid
Do something about runaway global human population and its currently over burgeoning levels if you are worried about resolving global warming , environment and extinction !

Stop encouraging people to breed themselves into poverty and stop pandering idiotic immigration policies to exacerbate it !

Forum List

Back