GROOMERS: Wyoming GOP fights back to keep child brides

You do understand gaslighting isn't going to change the fact that Conservatives are the main proponents of forcing children to marry grown men, right?

Most states statutory rape laws have exceptions when the difference in age is less than 1-2 years. Call it the Romeo and Juliette exception.

You do understand gaslighting isn't going to change the fact that Conservatives are the main proponents of forcing children to marry grown men, right?

I mean, don't take my word for it...take it from the very guy who has y'all on this "faux groomer outrage"BS to begin with ...The same guy who said this about a convicted pedophile..

View attachment 756523

And before you claim "Who is Matt Walsh" -- Allow me to educate you...he is the guy you get most of your "anti-trans" "anti-groomer" talking points from and don't even know it...

Here is more.....He actually said this.....

"In modern Western society, we’ve delayed the onset of adulthood, instead inventing a new sort of human: the “teenager.” The teenager exists in this limbo which we’ve created; we call it “adolescence.”

He then went on to say how women at ages of 16 are when they are the most fertile...so obviously you should be able to marry them young....but hey, as long as he hates the same people you hate, I am sure you will find a way to give him a pass...
You seem to be the only one on this thread oppessed with children marrying grown men...nobody else is talking about

What does Josh Dugger being prosecuted prove? other then that it is against the law....sort of undercuts your claim

The spousal testimonial privilege precludes one spouse from testifying against the other spouse in criminal or related proceedings. Either spouse can invoke the privilege to prevent the testimony.

That doesn't apply when the criminal act is done against one of the spouses by the other.

It's about not being able to testify about discussions, not criminal acts of one against another.

That doesn't apply when the criminal act is done against one of the spouses by the other.

It's about not being able to testify about discussions, not criminal acts of one against another.
Actually you're half right, half wrong.

This privilege does not apply if the spouses are suing each other in a civil case or one of the spouses initiates a criminal proceeding against the other.

It would apply in a statutory rape case. As the spouse is not the one bringing the criminal charge.

Most states statutory rape laws have exceptions when the difference in age is less than 1-2 years. Call it the Romeo and Juliette exception.
I am very specific about not including situations where a 16 marries a 19 yr old...

I am talking about grown ass men in their 30's and 40's marrying a 15 yr old because of how "ripe" and "fertile" he thinks she is...

Last edited:
Actually you're half right, half wrong.

This privilege does not apply if the spouses are suing each other in a civil case or one of the spouses initiates a criminal proceeding against the other.

It would apply in a statutory rape case. As the spouse is not the one bringing the criminal charge.

But again it's a criminal act against the minor in this case, and the government brings all charges in any event.

It's not "beaten wife vs. beater" it's "the State vs. beater", and in a Statutory rape case that is no different.

Plus, it wouldn't be about a discussion held with the so called spouse, but an actual act.

"Did you have sex with X" doesn't lead to breaking the martial exclusion as the victim is saying what happened to THEM, not what the spouse said.

You can say all the bad you want to about Wyoming, but the ratio of men to women there has always been about 70 to 30 per hundred, respectively. But if you go off the side of a road on a slick interstate, you ain't stuck. 5 or 6 truck drivers will stop, get their shovels out of the back, and dig you out of the 4 foot drift you landed in, and give a newcomer a bit of advice that sometimes driving 10 mph is too fast even if the speed limit posted is 70 mph. If you take that wizened advice, you will likely never go off the road again.

At least they marry the gals they go to bed with. Youngsters in Wyoming can't wait to grow up and get out of the house where cabin fever is a reality at a very early age. It's common sense, the legislature there believes in freedoms at an early age, and little girls' wishes are respected. The weather creates good and bad traits in people, mostly good. And if her man treats her badly, little women get an ear from the bench that gives her alternatives that will make her fiscally prosperous until her youngest leaves the nest.

We should respect the decisions of state legislatures. States rights are in the Constitution. And the people of the state don't cotton to criticism of balmier states when weather changes how people fall in love and want to get married when they say they're ready. And for the record, cheaters and wife beaters are toast in Wyoming penitentiaries.
So they are old enough to get married but not old enough to read Heather has Two Moms ?

Conservative logic.

I am very specific about not including situations were a 16 marries a 19 yr old...

I am talking about grown ass men in their 30's and 40's marrying a 15 yr old because of how "ripe" and "fertile" he thinks she is...
Which as I pointed out is doable under Wyoming law, where there is no age that is too young, by statute. And no Romeo and Juliette exception. It's all the same, whether he's sixteen or sixty.

Which as I pointed out is doable under Wyoming law, where there is no age that is too young, by statute. And no Romeo and Juliette exception. It's all the same, whether he's sixteen or sixty.

No, it isn't. Statutory rape is still statutory rape.

But again it's a criminal act against the minor in this case, and the government brings all charges in any event.

As I said, the privilege applies in cases where the state, and not the spouse initiates a criminal proceeding.

Forum List

Back