GROOMERS: Wyoming GOP fights back to keep child brides

When you have no age restriction on marriage -- and a 14 yr old girl marries a 40 year old man -- don't get on here talking about how "common" it was in the good ole days you Conservatives keep wanting to return to...
Back in the good old days you could have as many wives as you want. And when the old one gets too many miles on her, trade her in for next years model.

Ah... republicans love that new wife smell.

Sorry bro....

It isn't me that keeps opining about returning this country to the good old days -- where marrying children was considered common and righteous...

And it isn't me who keeps opposing changes to laws to prohibit it....instead of whining like a bitch at me; keep that same energy with your religious fundamentalist friends...
nope...it's you think thinks the Wyoming law means you can molest children....sick stuff

Just get around them with marriage laws

And yet you have no proof that is the case. The link showing details on the wyoming laws still lists the age of consent as 17, and sex with said person cannot be assumed to be consensual before that.

While they probably won't go after two 15 year olds screwing, I have a feeling a 40 year old would get the book thrown at them, married somehow or not.

the law doesn't say a 40 year old can marry a 14 year old....geez....why do you dembots always jump to that conclusion?

Because the law says that a 40 year old year old can marry a 12 year old.

Back in the good old days you could have as many wives as you want. And when the old one gets too many miles on her, trade her in for next years model.

Ah... republicans love that new wife smell.
why should there be laws against polygamy? Why are dems so obessed with what consenting adults do? why are you so want to get in their bed rooms?

Are Republicans trying to overturn statutory rape laws?
They don't apply if they're legally married.

I think Wyoming is doing this because they're pissed off at the gay marriage laws. Where every state has to accept the legal marriages from the other states.

Well Wyoming has marriages, like a 14 year old (or even younger) to a 40 year old, that other states would find so repulsive it would set up a legal fight that would also apply to accepting gay marriages.

Last edited:

I think Wisconsin is doing this because they're pissed off at the gay marriage laws. Where every state has to accept the legal marriages from the other states.

Well Wisconsin has marriages, like a 14 year old (or even younger) to a 40 year old, that other states would find so repulsive it would set up a legal fight that would also apply to accepting gay marriages.

Again, where is your proof of that? The link given above doesn't show a carve out for married people in the age of consent or statutory rape laws.

I think Wisconsin is doing this because they're pissed off at the gay marriage laws. Where every state has to accept the legal marriages from the other states.

Well Wisconsin has marriages, like a 14 year old (or even younger) to a 40 year old, that other states would find so repulsive it would set up a legal fight that would also apply to accepting gay marriages.
who told you that nonsense? There is no, exemption in the Wyoming Stat Rape law. Try again.

hahah you are the one that thinks of that.....Republicans are thinking of two 16 year olds getting knocked up, and thinking they should have the option to marry.
Most states already have that.

Wyomings "bar" (lowest age of marriage) is beyond being lower than the other states, but it's sitting on the floor.

Last edited:
Most states already have that.

Wisconsin's "bar" (lowest age of marriage) is beyond being lower than the other states, but it's sitting on the floor.

Why do you have a problem with Wyoming being able to do that?

why should there be laws against polygamy? Why are dems so obessed with what consenting adults do? why are you so want to get in their bed rooms?
WOW. No laws against polygamy, but laws against a womans right to choose.

Again, where is your proof of that? The link given above doesn't show a carve out for married people in the age of consent or statutory rape laws.

The spousal testimonial privilege precludes one spouse from testifying against the other spouse in criminal or related proceedings. Either spouse can invoke the privilege to prevent the testimony.

nope...it's you think thinks the Wyoming law means you can molest children....sick stuff
You do understand gaslighting isn't going to change the fact that Conservatives are the main proponents of forcing children to marry grown men, right?

I mean, don't take my word for it...take it from the very guy who has y'all on this "faux groomer outrage"BS to begin with ...The same guy who said this about a convicted pedophile..

FU7mtIbXwAABMyk-2.jpeg

And before you claim "Who is Matt Walsh" -- Allow me to educate you...he is the guy you get most of your "anti-trans" "anti-groomer" talking points from and don't even know it...

Here is more.....He actually said this.....

"In modern Western society, we’ve delayed the onset of adulthood, instead inventing a new sort of human: the “teenager.” The teenager exists in this limbo which we’ve created; we call it “adolescence.”

He then went on to say how women at ages of 16 are when they are the most fertile...so obviously you should be able to marry them young....but hey, as long as he hates the same people you hate, I am sure you will find a way to give him a pass...

Forum List

Back