GROOMERS: Wyoming GOP fights back to keep child brides

"Did you have sex with X" doesn't lead to breaking the martial exclusion as the victim is saying what happened to THEM, not what the spouse said.

The spousal privilege extends to all conversations and acts. It only dissolves when one spouse initiates a civil or criminal complaint.

Otherwise we wouldn't have to ask Trump for his taxes, if we could compel his wife to give us everything she has on Trumps taxes.

The BBC did a doc about this a couple of years ago. One girl was sold by her father for four cans of beer.. All of this shit seems to happen in trump country.

This privilege does not apply if the spouses are suing each other in a civil case or one of the spouses initiates a criminal proceeding against the other.

It would apply in a statutory rape case. As the spouse is not the one bringing the criminal charge.

As I said, the privilege applies in cases where the state, and not the spouse initiates a criminal proceeding.

The privilidge applies to conversations, not to actual criminal acts done against one of the spouses, which is what statutory rape is.

That you have to keep at this to make your muddled point shows you don't want to actually understand the mechanisms of what is going on, but to just score some cheap political points.

No, it isn't. Statutory rape is still statutory rape.
And the marriage privilege prevents one spouse from testifying against the other, unless they initiated the criminal charge being tried.

And statutory rape isn't initiated by the spouse.

Marriage is a permissible defense to statutory rape in all states and most legal cases.

The spousal privilege extends to all conversations and acts. It only dissolves when one spouse initiates a civil or criminal complaint.

Otherwise we wouldn't have to ask Trump for his taxes, if we could compel his wife to give us everything she has on Trumps taxes.

Not acts done to one of the parties, and statutory rape is just that.

Taxes don't even remotely come close to the situation we are talking about.

You are just flailing now.

And the marriage privilege prevents one spouse from testifying against the other, unless they initiated the criminal charge being tried.

And statutory rape isn't initiated by the spouse.

Marriage is a permissible defense to statutory rape in all states and most legal cases.

According to half assed interpretations of the laws done by SJW idiots.

So they are old enough to get married but not old enough to read Heather has Two Moms ?

Conservative logic.

Heather Has Two Mommies ... Is written for prepubescent children.
That's kind of young for marriage isn't it?

Damn Tommy ... What are you trying to push ...
Anything else you want to share with us besides your obvious anti-conservative ideology?

The privilidge applies to conversations, not to actual criminal acts done against one of the spouses, which is what statutory rape is.

That you have to keep at this to make your muddled point shows you don't want to actually understand the mechanisms of what is going on, but to just score some cheap political points.
You keep ignoring the actual law, which says the privilege is ONLY broken if one of the spouses initiates criminal or civil charges against the other.

Who initiated the statutory rape charge?

NOT one of the spouses.

Hence the privilege rrmains.

You keep ignoring the actual law, which says the privilege is ONLY broken if one of the spouses initiates criminal or civil charges against the other.

Who initiated the statutory rape charge?

NOT one of the spouses.

Hence the privilege rrmains.

The State initiates it on their behalf, like ANY OTHER criminal charge.

It being Statutory has more to do with the accused not being able to claim ignorance, and the status of the person as a minor is what causes it to be a crime, not if the accused knew it or their mental state.

You are playing word games, and losing.

I already went to the Washington Press website ... Implied I did in the post ... What did you learn?
What do you think the Narrative is ... Or would you like to suggest there isn't a Narrative?

Asked you first.. Expecting just this sort of nothing response, but thought you just might surprise me. Looked to me like you were just using the "Narrative" term to wink back at an obviously partisan hack; i.e. just to tiresomely, disappointingly "own the libs." Pointless, meanspirited, reactionary yabber.
They just think they can hide their bullshit in Politics ... Nothing has changed.​
Same.

Asked you first.. Expecting just this sort of nothing response, but thought you just might surprise me. Looked to me like you were just using the "Narrative" term to wink back at an obviously partisan hack; i.e. just to tiresomely, disappointingly "own the libs." Pointless, meanspirited, reactionary yabber.

I asked you if you wanted to suggest there isn't a Narrative ... Just say there is or there isn't.
Tell us what you did or didn't learn.

There isn't any need for you to try to "own" anything ...
It's pretty obvious you don't want to ... :auiqs.jpg:

There's nothing meanspirited about it unless you just want to beat yourself up.

The State initiates it on their behalf, like ANY OTHER criminal charge.

It being Statutory has more to do with the accused not being able to claim ignorance, and the status of the person as a minor is what causes it to be a crime, not if the accused knew it or their mental state.

You are playing word games, and losing.
So to be clear.....is Wyoming different than other states where a 30 something yr old marries a 15 yr old?

I just want to know when are we going to call out these Christo-fundamentalists who keep advocating for child marriages over and over and over again

They are the reason these laws were on the books to begin with -- and I know of zero "Democrats" currently fighting to keep these laws on the books...if you know of any, name them...

That seems to make your headline a huge lie
Why?

When it is clear right-wingers are more than willing to call the whole entire judiciary part of the Deep State

If you think hundreds of judges would help Democrats steal elections -- why are you so certain they wouldn't allow children to be married to old men?

Unless you are admitting all of that deep state judges bullshit is just that....bullshit...

I find it amusing that people like you can just wave at and accuse no one in particular of things at such length. Have the balls to name names and provide some clear examples or get off the pot, Flops. To see more, you need to show more.
If the shoe fits.

If you don't support so-called "gender affirming care" for children I am not talking about you. Many Democrats on here do. If you say they don't I'll happily prove you wrong.

If you're not making that claim, why would I bother to refute it?

Why?

When it is clear right-wingers are more than willing to call the whole entire judiciary part of the Deep State

If you think hundreds of judges would help Democrats steal elections -- why are you so certain they wouldn't allow children to be married to old men?

Unless you are admitting all of that deep state judges bullshit is just that....bullshit...
The Deep State does not extend to county court houses - yet

So to be clear.....is Wyoming different than other states where a 30 something yr old marries a 15 yr old?

I just want to know when are we going to call out these Christo-fundamentalists who keep advocating for child marriages over and over and over again

They are the reason these laws were on the books to begin with -- and I know of zero "Democrats" currently fighting to keep these laws on the books...if you know of any, name them...

Most of those aren't legal marriages, but "spirit marriages" because polygamy is still illegal.

The creeps in question marry one, usually the first one, and the rest are not legally married.

Nah, Dems just fight to lower age of consent laws.

Forum List

Back