GROOMERS: Wyoming GOP fights back to keep child brides

I can't say I found any kind of older men attractive. Even when I married the Sad Number One I had my own concerns elsewhere. You didn't actually think I would be a 15 year old faithful wife did you?
No, just willing to move in with or marry men of questionable character. I was comparing / contrasting my daughter who has a genius IQ, yet moved in with and got raped by one guy and abused by at least two more after initially being diagnosed bipolar in her late teens. Indeed, the abuse seems to often work both ways. My first wife was abusive. Luckily for me, that didn't last long and the second turned out to be a keeper. Otherwise, I well may have settled for a few more loser/abusers before giving up, though I had already rejected a few. Like you, my best friend has given up. But he's never hurt anyone. Just kept selecting short straws who struck him as smart, fun, and hot; and then yes, gradually took most of his money because he's always been a sucker for that game. Never had any kids of his own, but sure supported a lot that weren't. It's truly a crapshoot out there.

Last edited:
No, just willing to move in with or marry men of questionable character. I was comparing / contrasting my daughter who has a genius IQ, yet moved in with and got raped by one guy and abused by at least two more after initially being diagnosed bipolar in her late teens. Indeed, the abuse seems to often work both ways. My first wife was abusive. Luckily for me, that didn't last long and the second turned out to be a keeper. Otherwise, I well may have settled for a few more loser/abusers before giving up, though I had already rejected a few. Like you, my best friend has given up. But he's never hurt anyone. Just kept selecting short straws who struck him as smart, fun, and hot; and then yes, gradually took most of his money because he's always been a sucker for that game. Never had any kids of his own, but sure supported a lot that weren't. It's truly a crapshoot out there.
I have certainly had clients, smart women, beautiful yet got involved with unimaginable men. One husband put his wife’s eye out and she wouldn't leave him.

I am not the marrying kind. I have been married twice. Both decided as the best move for me to make at the time. The first time was because I had become so out of control and violent, my folks thought a husband would settle me down so they found a doofus. The poor man. I beat him daily. Once he was so afraid to come home he went to my mom and dad. He filed for an annulment after three months. I found another shortly. He was okay enough.

In Alabama, a 74-year-old man married a 14-year-old girl, though the state has since raised its minimum age to 16. According to Unchained At Last, the youngest girls to marry in 2000–2010 were three 10-year-old girls in Tennessee who married men aged 24, 25, and 31 in 2001.

In Alabama, a 74-year-old man married a 14-year-old girl, though the state has since raised its minimum age to 16. According to Unchained At Last, the youngest girls to marry in 2000–2010 were three 10-year-old girls in Tennessee who married men aged 24, 25, and 31 in 2001.

Probably need a link but if true it's disgusting.

Yes, to get back to the topic.. From my experience, marriage should not be legal these days until at least age 21. No way kids are prepared or mature enough to share the responsibilities of marriage, especially with kids involved. That said, I know many people who've married quite young and happily have wonderful grandchildren. It can still work out well no matter how crazy the start. But I think it's far better to wait. There's increasingly less reason to get married at all anymore. Where there remains "a village" of cultural elders available to help raise the kids while the parents work or finish school, that's great. But that's increasingly rare.

Child brides are very common among Muslims and Hispanics. When you see Alabama man or Tennessee girl, it's still likely a culture that finds this normal and acceptable.

Immigrant girls who are child brides come here as refugees running from much older husbands. Then they petition for the husbands to join them as family reunification. We pay his plane ticket. We will change our laws before those cultures change. So get used to some very very young brides.

Your mistake is in thinking that women are always the victim. Sometimes we are the victimizers, taking whatever we want not caring what was left. You know that sex is a weapon. When in the control of the cold and calculating it is an awesome and devastating weapon.
That does not apply in this situation at all:
No matter how mature, controlling, or manipulative, leaving any girl (or boy) that young at the mercy of such horny old men is simply criminal. There's no societal excuse.

The plight of any potential children should take priority. Again, while good outcomes remain entirely possible, most likely any kids will be rejected by at least one of the biological parents and ultimately end up in foster homes. A burden to society at large.

Last edited:
Nevertheless, these cultures will change us long before they obey our laws.

Just a few years ago a man in California sold his 14 year old daughter for steaks and beer. Nothing happened. There wasn't even a real marriage with a license. The police let everyone be.

Damn…11 yr olds can and do get married…this happened in Florida in 2017!

Among the states with the highest rates of child marriages were Arkansas, Idaho and Kentucky. The number of child marriages has been falling, but every state in America still allows underage girls to marry, typically with the consent of parents, a judge or both. Twenty-seven states do not even set a minimum age by statute, according to the Tahirih Justice Center’s Forced Marriage Initiative.
Women are chattel..in their world--better to be a 5th grade bride....than a witness at Uncle/daddy's Rape trial, eh?

Nevertheless, these cultures will change us long before they obey our laws.

Just a few years ago a man in California sold his 14 year old daughter for steaks and beer. Nothing happened. There wasn't even a real marriage with a license. The police let everyone be.
not surprised to see this is in Cali

It's usually the actual "groomers" who do most of the whining. They basically confess. Also called projection.

wedding-dress-366543_1920-1170x600.jpg

Currently, there’s no minimum age to marry in Wyoming.

The Republican Party is all about protecting the children, we’ve heard in recent years. The GOP wants to protect children from what they call ‘sexualization,’ such as the acknowledgment that a teenager can be LGBTQ, or even mentioning that a child may have same-sex parents.

What they won’t protect children against, though, is being married off before attaining adulthood.

The fight to defend child marriage has direct links to the ideology of denying women control of their own bodies.

Republicans argue that since a girl under the age of 16 can get pregnant, it’s necessary for her to have the option to marry — even though they’re against the right for her to choose a medical procedure to stop being pregnant, often even if it costs her life.

The current fight over child marriages is now the hottest in Wyoming, where legislation has been proposed to limit marriage to those aged 16 and above — and where Republicans are vehemently opposing it.

Currently, there’s no minimum age to marry in Wyoming, although those under 16 must have the approval and order of a judge to do so.

Sounds perverted to me! What do you think?

Only 3 things come from Wyoming -

Steers, queers, and PEDOPHILES...so I'm told.

:laugh:

Forum List

Back