Growing sugercane at home for consumption isn't good for you.

DakotaKai_fan20

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2024
South Carolina
Howdy y'all! I have stumbled on a video that says growing sugarcane is good for you. Here's the video and I will tell you why I disagree.

I disagree with the video vecause even before refined sugar was made people in England and among the wealthy in Europe had rotting teeth from eating sugar. The unrefined sugar also has the risk of diabetes. I hate having to debunk stuff from uninformed people.

Howdy y'all! I have stumbled on a video that says growing sugarcane is good for you. Here's the video and I will tell you why I disagree.

I disagree with the video vecause even before refined sugar was made people in England and among the wealthy in Europe had rotting teeth from eating sugar. The unrefined sugar also has the risk of diabetes. I hate having to debunk stuff from uninformed people.

You can make some high quality rum from sugarcane.

My family and others made sugar cane syrup from ours plus grand pa made some home made booze as well. I understand what your saying about unrefined sugar. Moderation is the key to all food stuff. My grannies home made syrup candy was the best and put store bought candy to shame.

My family and others made sugar cane syrup from ours plus grand pa made some home made booze as well. I understand what your saying about unrefined sugar. Moderation is the key to all food stuff. My grannies home made syrup candy was the best and put store bought candy to shame.
I would grow sugarcane and have it in storage when I need it. Just don't have a ton.

Sugar and salt are the two things I almost never add to food. Well unless it is a dessert recipe that calls for it. I do salt beans when I am cooking them but that is the only time I can think of I use the latter.

In China, you can see people walking around with long stalks of sugarcane just munching on it as they go.

Sugar and salt are the two things I almost never add to food. Well unless it is a dessert recipe that calls for it. I do salt beans when I am cooking them but that is the only time I can think of I use the latter.

You gotta put some salt on eggs.

Unrefined sugarcane is about as sweet as an apple.

Forum List

Back