Guest Opinion piece: An opinion carried in the NYT. "I’ve Studied the Polls. Here’s Why Harris Isn’t Running Away With It."

Procrustes Stretched

"intuition and imagination and intelligence"
Dec 1, 2008
I often see people claiming any "opinion piece" carried in the pages, online, on the boob-tube, or on radio of a media organization is that organization taking a stand, pushing an agenda, etc...

Talk about low information reasoning.

Here we have A Guest Opinion piece, carried in the NYT. Titled: "I’ve Studied the Polls. Here’s Why Harris Isn’t Running Away With It." Is the NYT claiming "Harris Isn’t Running Away With It?" Think. What is happening here? I can see if it were about somebody else it would be attacked as "fake news" or the messenger would be shot. I can see some people getting upset at an opinion being aired and seeing it as undermining Harris' campaign efforts. Seeing the NYT as undermining Harris. But...

It's merely what reasonable, and rational people expect from a credible and reliable news organization to be doing as best it can -- it's job as broadcasters of ideas, information, opinions...

I’ve Studied the Polls. Here’s Why Harris Isn’t Running Away With It.​

Sept. 17, 2024 (Guest Opinion piece, which means you can't say "It's the NYT's" It's an opinion carried in the NYT)

By Kristen Soltis Anderson
Ms. Anderson, a contributing Opinion writer, is a Republican pollster and a moderator of Opinion’s series of focus groups.

So why am I holding off on joining the “it’s over” chorus?

First, there’s not a lot of evidence that the debate helped Ms. Harris’s numbers in a meaningful way — at least not yet. ABC News/Ipsos polling showed her with a six-point lead among likely voters before the debate and showed the same result after. Her margin in several averages of national polls hovers around two points, a margin that makes the possibility of an Electoral College-popular vote split reasonably likely. (The analyst Nate Silver says the odds of such an outcome are around one in four.)

And if you look at the polling averages from a variety of different sources, in the seven battleground states that receive the greatest attention, the race is extremely close. Mr. Trump tends to hold a negligible lead in some of the Sun Belt tossup states, as Ms. Harris does in Wisconsin and Michigan. Neither candidate leads by more than two points in any of those states. Pennsylvania, the biggest prize of them all, consistently shows a difference in the tenths of a percentage point.

Quite interesting piece. I tend to agree with most of what Ms. Anderson is claiming.

I often see people claiming any "opinion piece" carried in the pages, online, on the boob-tube, or on radio of a media organization is that organization taking a stand, pushing an agenda, etc...

Here we have A Guest Opinion piece, carried in the NYT. Titled: "I’ve Studied the Polls. Here’s Why Harris Isn’t Running Away With It." Is the NYT claiming "Harris Isn’t Running Away With It?" Think. What is happening here? I can see if it were about somebody else it would be attacked as "fake news" or the messenger would be shot. I can see some people getting upset at an opinion being aired and seeing it as undermining Harris' campaign efforts. Seeing the NYT as undermining Harris. But...

It's merely what reasonable, and rational people expect from a credible and reliable news organization to be doing as best it can -- it's job as broadcasters of ideas, information, opinions...

Sept. 17, 2024 (Guest Opinion piece, which means you can't say "It's the NYT's" It's an opinion carried in the NYT)

Ms. Anderson, a contributing Opinion writer, is a Republican pollster and a moderator of Opinion’s series of focus groups.

First, there’s not a lot of evidence that the debate helped Ms. Harris’s numbers in a meaningful way — at least not yet. ABC News/Ipsos polling showed her with a six-point lead among likely voters before the debate and showed the same result after. Her margin in several averages of national polls hovers around two points, a margin that makes the possibility of an Electoral College-popular vote split reasonably likely. (The analyst Nate Silver says the odds of such an outcome are around one in four.)

And if you look at the polling averages from a variety of different sources, in the seven battleground states that receive the greatest attention, the race is extremely close. Mr. Trump tends to hold a negligible lead in some of the Sun Belt tossup states, as Ms. Harris does in Wisconsin and Michigan. Neither candidate leads by more than two points in any of those states. Pennsylvania, the biggest prize of them all, consistently shows a difference in the tenths of a percentage point.

Quite interesting piece. I tend to agree with most of what Ms. Anderson is claiming.

Reverse psychology works well on stupid people like you.

Kamala is going to get more black votes than Biden got. Biden got more black votes than Hillary got.

Kamala is going to get more women votes. Especially with Roe and Taylor Swift.

Reverse psychology works well on stupid people like you.

If you say so. Now look into the face of your Leader.

Look. Don't look away. Look.
1 trump ugh.png

Harris is polling lower than both Hillary and Biden at this time in their campaigns... Hillary got shellacked and Joe was barely able to cheat enough to win....

Taylor Swift Drove More Than 400,000 People to Vote.Gov After Endorsing Kamala Harris​

The site, run by two federal agencies, helps voters register and check their registration status.

First time voters. Love it!

Harris is going to win the election and I don't think it will even be close.

A truly non-partisan, non-political group of atomic scientists so let's hope the same people who have been wrong about everything for the last 30 years suddenly become intelligent, unselfish people.

This is the closest we have ever been to nuclear war in the history of Mankind as judged by those who have made it their lifes work to know.

doomsdayclock.png

I tend to agree.
I agree. I don't want to hear news again like "Trump almost got shot again" but other than some major October surprise, I think she has this.

Trump beat Hillary
Biden beat Trump
Popular vote2,804,0402,649,852
Kamala gonna get more women and blacks than both of them.

The only scary thing is Dearborn MI. Arabs aren't going to vote and may hand Trump the White House or at least Michigan. Are they stupid? They think Trump will be better to Gaza?

40,000 women registered to vote after Taylor Swift endorsed Kamala.

Forum List

Back