Guitar Center Filing For Bankruptcy Protection

I'm not sure what the problem is with Guitar Center. Can you elaborate?
They have had money issues for years. Guess it caught up to them.
I bought a couple of guitars from them for my son, without any issues. They weren't high pressure or anything.
I have bought $25,000 in gear in the last 8 years. None of it from GC.
Fuck em.
Damn, buddy! What did you get?
Genzler bass rig. Mark Bass rig. Several basses. Full sound system. That kind of stuff,
What's the Operation...are you starting a band?

I'm all set for studio/music type purchases for the hobby side of things...I think the next thing I want to look into is futurizing my home. WE have a lot of parties so I'm hoping there's some sort of way to add ceiling speakers to each room and having some amp where it can play different songs in different zones or play the same stuff in the different zones...also turn off and on all zones independently.

There's got to be a way to customize it to that depth, I'm thinking.
I’ve been a musician for 40 years now. My original band has been together for 20 years. Currently working on our 6th album. I guess the G. A. S. bug bit me hard. Can’t stop buying gear.
GC could probably set up a system for you. They are actually quite good. Expensive but good.
That's awesome man - fire me a link when you're done. I've got a little studio myself - used for Vocal recording and for mix-engineering.

On GC helping me out - I def. know they could...I'm a DIY kinda guy though. My research into this is only in its infancy. Did my own outdoor set-up this past year...but now I'm ready for the full-home experience and then I might start listening to music again. When I'm creating music, I go for super long times not listening to anything else - - -just what I'm working on...for tweaks, etc. and I get kind of depressed when I get so far behind in listening to other good assed music. : /

I bought a couple of guitars from them for my son, without any issues. They weren't high pressure or anything.
Fuck em.
Genzler bass rig. Mark Bass rig. Several basses. Full sound system. That kind of stuff,
What's the Operation...are you starting a band?

I'm all set for studio/music type purchases for the hobby side of things...I think the next thing I want to look into is futurizing my home. WE have a lot of parties so I'm hoping there's some sort of way to add ceiling speakers to each room and having some amp where it can play different songs in different zones or play the same stuff in the different zones...also turn off and on all zones independently.

There's got to be a way to customize it to that depth, I'm thinking.
There are systems out there specifically designed for that purpose but I don’t recall the brand names off hand. I have worked with a couple though. A little digging on the internet should turn them up quick enough. I'd search on terms like central, home audio etc.

Genzler amps, American Fender basses and EHX effects. Right now I have a killer rig and no gigs. :sad:
Bass player, I assume? Any vintage stuff?
Late 50s/ early 60s P-basses rule.
Also, green russian big muffs are great for heavy bass.

BOSTON (CBS) — Guitar Center is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, but the chain plans to stay in business. The largest musical instrument retailer in the United States has been struggling for years.
Good riddance hopefully.
From what I understand it won't be the first time for Guitar Center. I like Sweetwater better anyway, their customer service is really on the ball and besides like the candy they send me. I'd pay a little more for the service Sweetwater provides but I don't pay anything extra maybe a little less. I ordered a simple music stand from Guitar Center a while back and it took forever to get it here from inside my own state while Sweetwater always gets it here within a week from across the country. It always helps if you get off your ass and try to hustle.
I read that Guitar Center owns Sweetwater.
I buy my guitars from SW.

Their employees throw a lot of almost perfectly good guitars in the dumpster behind the store. ANd amps, and cables etc, etc. All kinds of stuff.

You don't like that stomp box that you bought there? Whatever. Just return it and get your money back. Then pick up the item anyways for free.

I've done a lot of dumpster diving behind Guitar Center.

Last edited:
Their employees throw a lot of almost perfectly good guitars in the dumpster behind the store. ANd amps, and cables etc, etc. All kinds of stuff.

How many times out of ten is a perfectly functional guitar out there?

How many times out of ten is a perfectly functional guitar out there?

It's all about the parts. Do you trash an otherwise perfectly good car because it has a loose nugnut?

Genzler amps, American Fender basses and EHX effects. Right now I have a killer rig and no gigs. :sad:
Bass player, I assume? Any vintage stuff?
Late 50s/ early 60s P-basses rule.
Also, green russian big muffs are great for heavy bass.
Nothing vintage. The oldest is a 20 year old Yamaha RBXJM2 six string. Never owned a P Bass. Jazz bass is more my style.
I just bought a bunch of EHX pedals. Amazing shit.

Nothing vintage. The oldest is a 20 year old Yamaha RBXJM2 six string. Never owned a P Bass. Jazz bass is more my style.
I just bought a bunch of EHX pedals. Amazing shit.
EH has some of the most creative pedals out there these days. POGs are great.
I'm more into vintage stuff, personally, but some of the recent fuzz pedals are spectacular. Skinpimps are my recent favorites for guitar.
Ever try a sansamp bass driver? It'll make any bass/amp combo sound huge.

EH has some of the most creative pedals out there these days. POGs are great.
I just bought a POG. Fucking love it.
Ever try a sansamp bass driver? It'll make any bass/amp combo sound huge.
Yep. Actually I have a Tech 21 bass rig. 500 watt head. Pretty sweet.
Lately I’ve been getting into Darkglass pedals. Expensive but worth it.

Yep. Actually I have a Tech 21 bass rig. 500 watt head. Pretty sweet.
Lately I’ve been getting into Darkglass pedals. Expensive but worth it.
My bass board:
DSC02702.jpg

Good riddance hopefully.
What makes you say that?? ... :dunno:
Long story but I used to teach there.
My band decided to do a tour.
GC told me they had a thing called gig leave. They promised I would still have a job when I returned.
They lied. So I have no use for that place.
Vengeance is a petty emotion
Thats pretty funny coming from you. Its all good tho
Why? I live on spite and vengeance but I am also admittedly petty.

Fuck em.
What he's got is a terminal case of gearitus and GAS, LOL.

You don't like that stomp box that you bought there? Whatever. Just return it and get your money back. Then pick up the item anyways for free.

How good of guitars are we talking about here? I can't imagine them throwing a perfectly good Les Paul in the dumpster; not when they cost as much as they do.

Fuck em.
What he's got is a terminal case of gearitus, LOL.
We all do, my Bruv. It just comes in phases :)

Forum List

Back