gun-control efforts calls for sheriff to inspect gun owner's homes

In an interview after the facts of the bill had been reviewed on of the three sponsors said that gun regulation is a very slow process. andthat it may take decades but it would get passed.

As far as subverting the fourth amendment they do that 24/7 at every airport in the USA. There are rumors that the TSA will set up checkpoints for trains and buses in the near future and there is even talk about checkpoints on the street run by the TSA.

Banning guns is something that will happen - be challenged in court and then repealed. Bits and pieces of the process will remain after the ban is gone - like UBC and Limits on magazine size or extra taxes on the purchase of guns and ammunition. Those little things will be expanded because they will, for the most part, go unnoticed.

I will bet that the only mistake here was that it was published before it was voted on.

One of the major gun-control efforts in Olympia this session calls for the sheriff to inspect the homes of assault-weapon owners. The bill’s backers say that was a mistake.
As Orwellian as that sounds, it isn’t hypothetical. The notion of police home inspections was introduced in a bill last week in Olympia.
Misstep in gun bill could defeat the effort | Local News | The Seattle Times

Quite an invasion of privacy.

I will bet that the only mistake here was that it was published before it was voted on.

One of the major gun-control efforts in Olympia this session calls for the sheriff to inspect the homes of assault-weapon owners. The bill’s backers say that was a mistake.
As Orwellian as that sounds, it isn’t hypothetical. The notion of police home inspections was introduced in a bill last week in Olympia.

In Ireland the police are allowed to come to your house and check if you gun is stored safely according to regulations. The gun owners who I know think that it is a good idea.

Good for Ireland, this is America and we have a bill of rights.

I bet Bush snuck it in as a poison pill. damn that Bush.

In Ireland the police are allowed to come to your house and check if you gun is stored safely according to regulations. The gun owners who I know think that it is a good idea.

You mean that storing a gun fully loaded and the safety off under the pillow of your youngest child is not the proper place to store a gun....I will take that as a no....

For the love of god what is wrong with you people.
Whatever people do in other countries is just gospel to the lefties here. :eek:

Breaking the balls of legal gun owners is not the way to go here folks.

We have an anger control problem...not a gun control problem...

Punishing law abiding gun owners will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING toward solving the problem of gun violence.

I think you really mistake/misunderstand or take to extremes the idea of what is Orwellian. The idea of the government inspecting the homes of people who own assault weapons, given the slew of attacks on the public by people who own assault weapons, would not be an idea that Orwell would be against. Orwell was a sane, reasonable and highly intelligent man. I've studied much of his work. He was against fascism and totalitarianism; he was not in favor of anarchy. He never at any time expressed favor in the idea of ordinary people owning arsenals in their homes. You are, essentially, using the name of Orwell in vain. It's another 'sound bite' the RW uses to try to support their position, but it is way off base.

Last edited:
You can't pass a Law that get's rid of your Unalienable 4th Amendment Rights.

All of the associated Bills were pulled to try again at a later date.

Where does the word "unalienable" appear in the Constitution? Hint: It doesn't. The word "unalienable" only appears in the Declaration of Independence - which is NOT a governing document.

Inspections? What a crock.

Liability insurance being mandatory for gun owners is enough.

As well as an extra tax on those who refuse to carry a weapon for their own protection to pay for the police required to protect them.

Taxed already to pay for the police department. No dice.
The police generally arrive after the fact...to see who is dead and who is wounded, to take statements regarding what already happened so they can possibly find out who did it.

I prefer to defend myself, kill the perp and explain that to the police...and show them the body of who tried it!

Last edited:
Haha, 4th amendment violations aside.......there is NO WAY cops would do this shit. Yeah, tell cops to go house to house to "inspect" it inside for assault weapons? Yeah right. They'll tell the city council to go fuck themselves. Cops have a hard enough job without doing this nonsense.

I've heard the military say that same thing yet not one of them stopped going house to house and taking the guns away from the citizens of New Orleans after Katrina.

You can't pass a Law that get's rid of your Unalienable 4th Amendment Rights.

All of the associated Bills were pulled to try again at a later date.

Where does the word "unalienable" appear in the Constitution? Hint: It doesn't. The word "unalienable" only appears in the Declaration of Independence - which is NOT a governing document.

The constitution provides only certain powers to the federal government. Show me where it says it can do anything about or with our rights.

Then read the tenth amendment - read it twice so you understand that the federal government only has the powers granted to it by the constitution. After those powers are granted some of our rights are listed to ensure the government PROTECTS them. Those that are not listed are covered by the nineth amendment.

Our government is systematically removing our rights because it makes some people "feel" safer. Just like other people at other times in other countries just before the government became the enemy of freedom.

Learn from history so we don't have to repeat it.

That ban will never get out of committee. It flies inthe face of the state and the federal constitution, just like the federal ban.

Japan is also one of the countries that libtards point to as an example of good gun control....in Japan they have regular home inspections.....but there is no comparison between our two countries and our cultures.....it's like comparing sushi vs. steak bar-b-que....

I was talking about Ireland.

Good for Ireland, this is America and we have a bill of rights.

Which means that people do not have the right to safety?

You mean that storing a gun fully loaded and the safety off under the pillow of your youngest child is not the proper place to store a gun....I will take that as a no....

No, it means storing guns in a proper locked gun locker in a locked room.

No, it means storing guns in a proper locked gun locker in a locked room.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6842702-post1.html

Fine.....then go move there.

Here in this great country we have a beautiful thing called the 4th amendment.

Forum List

Back