Gun nuttery gone lethal....again

• Banned

Human deaths in the U.S. caused by Animals | History Lists

Bee stings are the largest killer of humans in the U.S. directly caused by animals. An allergic reaction to the venom is bee’s kills 53 people per year. This number is increasing every year due to the aggressive African honey bee that is taking over in Texas.

Discovery Health "How many people die each year from peanut allergies?"

Estimates say that in the United States, thousands of people visit the emergency room annually because of allergic reactions to food. Somewhere around 150 to 200 people die in the U.S. each year because of food allergies. It's estimated that around 50 percent to 62 percent of those fatal cases of anaphylaxis were caused by peanut allergies. Meanwhile, around 10 people in the United Kingdom die each year because of food allergies. However, these figures are not completely reliable, in part because allergic deaths aren't considered reportable events.

Hmmmm.............. 53 deaths a year to the bees, maybe a hundred to peanut allergies. Versus 32,000 to guns.

Traffic deaths have dropped 22% since 2005, while shooting deaths — including suicides and accidents — have crept up from historic lows a decade ago, the numbers show.

In 2010, 31,328 people died by killer weapons, up from 28,393 in 2000. And in three years, Centers for Disease Control numbers forecast nearly 33,000 shooting deaths, compared to 32,000 traffic deaths, the report said

Read more: Gun deaths to surpass deaths in traffic accidents by 2015: report - NY Daily News

First, You have to be 18 to buy a gun. There are guns made in dimensions and colors to suit children. The parents who buy these guns should have already taught their children proper handling of the guns.
My kids have been handling and shooting guns since they were three. I didn't give them their first gun until they were twenty-one. we never had any accidents because my kids knew that "guns are always loaded" from the time they could talk. They knew that you didn't point a gun, loaded or not, at something that you didn't want to kill. They knew the first thing you did when you picked up a gun was to unload it and clear it. Proper gun education should be taught from the earliest age. It removes the mystery from the gun and it keeps kids safe.

I wanted to add that this should not have been considered an accident - it seems, on the surface, to be a case of parental neglect.

Last edited:

Bee stings are the largest killer of humans in the U.S. directly caused by animals. An allergic reaction to the venom is bee’s kills 53 people per year. This number is increasing every year due to the aggressive African honey bee that is taking over in Texas.

Estimates say that in the United States, thousands of people visit the emergency room annually because of allergic reactions to food. Somewhere around 150 to 200 people die in the U.S. each year because of food allergies. It's estimated that around 50 percent to 62 percent of those fatal cases of anaphylaxis were caused by peanut allergies. Meanwhile, around 10 people in the United Kingdom die each year because of food allergies. However, these figures are not completely reliable, in part because allergic deaths aren't considered reportable events.

Hmmmm.............. 53 deaths a year to the bees, maybe a hundred to peanut allergies. Versus 32,000 to guns.

Traffic deaths have dropped 22% since 2005, while shooting deaths — including suicides and accidents — have crept up from historic lows a decade ago, the numbers show.

In 2010, 31,328 people died by killer weapons, up from 28,393 in 2000. And in three years, Centers for Disease Control numbers forecast nearly 33,000 shooting deaths, compared to 32,000 traffic deaths, the report said

Read more: Gun deaths to surpass deaths in traffic accidents by 2015: report - NY Daily News

then why aren't we banning guns---period ?

You are quite daft to make that claim about a story wherein a 2 year old is killed by her 5 year old brother. Can we at least agree that guns should be age regulated in the same manner as cars - or should we all expect kindergarten students to be packing heat!

What is it about the FACT that accidents happen and people will die as a result of them do you not understand? I know the left thinks they can regulate all dangers out of society but we all know their full of it.

Bee stings and peanut allergies are worse

You are quite daft to make that claim about a story wherein a 2 year old is killed by her 5 year old brother. Can we at least agree that guns should be age regulated in the same manner as cars - or should we all expect kindergarten students to be packing heat!

What is it about the FACT that accidents happen and people will die as a result of them do you not understand? I know the left thinks they can regulate all dangers out of society but we all know their full of it.

Liberals do emotions--not facts. Why aren't they just calling for all guns to be banned instead of pussy footing around with background checks ?

Bee stings and peanut allergies are worse

then why aren't we banning guns---period ?

For the same reason that we do not ban other usefull but dangeous technologies. We just surround those technologies with enough rules to make sure they are used in a safe manner. We don't allow children to drive cars until a certain age. I owned a gun at 12. I was allowed access to it at that age only under the supervision of my parents. And very strigent rules were observed in its handling.

Today, I see people handling guns as if they are just a crescent wrench. And if you say somethng about their carelessness, they are offended and agressive. We have far, far to many people owning guns in this nation that should never be allowed within ten feet of one. The deaths in this nation, 32,000 likely in 2012, are a sad reflection of that fact.

Liberals do emotions--not facts. Why aren't they just calling for all guns to be banned instead of pussy footing around with background checks ?

That is hardly demonstrated on this board. The most emotional posts I have seen here are from the 'Conservatives' that are always hating somebody for some reason that is none of the 'Conservatives' in the first place.

That is hardly demonstrated on this board. The most emotional posts I have seen here are from the 'Conservatives' that are always hating somebody for some reason that is none of the 'Conservatives' in the first place.

Well what we have here is a failure to communicate, I guess. If you're not for shuttin down all the ammo plants in the US, why aren't ya ?

No, Liberals do facts! Liberals aren't calling for all guns to be banned because they don't want all guns to be banned. Liberals just want sensible gun controls - especially UNIVERSAL background checks. There are many Liberals who own and enjoy guns for defense, hunting and target shooting. Many Liberals also enjoy collecting them.

No, Liberals do facts! Liberals aren't calling for all guns to be banned because they don't want all guns to be banned. Liberals just want sensible gun controls - especially UNIVERSAL background checks. There are many Liberals who own and enjoy guns for defense, hunting and target shooting. Many Liberals also just enjoy collecting them.

there are no sensible people to control guns and no one can control illegal gun ownership.

No, Liberals do facts! Liberals aren't calling for all guns to be banned because they don't want all guns to be banned. Liberals just want sensible gun controls - especially UNIVERSAL background checks. There are many Liberals who own and enjoy guns for defense, hunting and target shooting. Many Liberals also just enjoy collecting them.

there are no sensible people to control guns and no one can control illegal gun ownership.

Sooo, since speeding and pollution laws won't prevent ALL speeding and pollution - should we just do away with them? Return to the Wild West?

Sooo, since speeding and pollution laws won't prevent ALL speeding and pollution - should we just do away with them? Return to the Wild West?

no--that would be expensive as hell and wouldn't fix a thing.

Forum List

Back