Gun Protesters Plan March On D.C. With Loaded Rifles To ‘Put Government On Notice'

It would be border line. With 10,000 plus, the storm troopers wouldn't dare attack. But with a couple thousand people, they may decide to go for a fire fight - figuring that body armor and better tactics would make up for numbers.

See, I think that a battle between police and the people would be bad press, for the people.

I think the idea that a fire fight could break out is pushing it into the realms of nonsense. The worst I see happening is essentially mass police brutality. Kokesh has already said the furthest he's willing to take it is to get arrested, and I'm sure there are very few that would go that far with him. A shoot out with the police is pure fantasy.

We saw the shoot first and ask questions later mentality of the LAPD, shooting up the wrong car. Daily Kos: Chilling: 7 panicky LAPD officers shoot 45+ shots w/o warning wounding 1 shooting up neighborhood

An agent provocateur or even a joker setting off firecrackers could easily cause an incident that would doom us.

We have an process to address these issues.

You want to test the system, let ONE person, perhaps the leader, carry the loaded firearm...allow them to be arrested, then appeal to the supreme court.

Carrying a loaded firearm in a jurisdiction which might require a permit to do so, or prohibit it altogether, and to appeal a conviction based on Second Amendment rights would be a tough sell to any court.

We saw the shoot first and ask questions later mentality of the LAPD, shooting up the wrong car. Daily Kos: Chilling: 7 panicky LAPD officers shoot 45+ shots w/o warning wounding 1 shooting up neighborhood

An agent provocateur or even a joker setting off firecrackers could easily cause an incident that would doom us.

You want to test the system, let ONE person, perhaps the leader, carry the loaded firearm...allow them to be arrested, then appeal to the supreme court.

The Supreme Court is pointless. Letting the federal government determine the extent of its own power is the problem, not the solution.

The Supreme Court is ‘pointless’ only to those who disagree with most all of its rulings.

And it's only relevant to those who think the government should be tasked with determining the limits of its own power. Seems a bit ridiculous to me, but what can you do?

‘Put Government On Notice'

At first, I thought this was satire. Now I see its just stupid.

But really, it sounds like an Onion piece - popguns taking on the US military.

Boggles the mind.

I think the idea that a fire fight could break out is pushing it into the realms of nonsense. The worst I see happening is essentially mass police brutality. Kokesh has already said the furthest he's willing to take it is to get arrested, and I'm sure there are very few that would go that far with him. A shoot out with the police is pure fantasy.

Carrying a loaded firearm in a jurisdiction which might require a permit to do so, or prohibit it altogether, and to appeal a conviction based on Second Amendment rights would be a tough sell to any court.

Amazingly, they're calling it "civil disobedience" when its actually just an armed mob.

Maybe they're hoping to get a few of their people killed so they be "martyrs".

Froot Loops.

Amazingly, they're calling it "civil disobedience" when its actually just an armed mob.

Froot Loops.

why are they a mob vs. any other group?

you're just scared.

Froot Loops.

why are they a mob vs. any other group?

you're just scared.

Scared? Of 900 armed, rabid, knuckle dragging dingbats who actually believe they're taking on the US military with their popguns?

You better fucking believe I would be terrified of them.

Only an idiot wouldn't be.

Maybe you're not understanding this. Or maybe I've misunderstood.

You did read the op, didn't you?

And, you did read that it said NINE HUNDRED ARMED IDIOTS marching on DC to 'put the government on notice'.

And, yes that IS a mob. A really stupid mob. (is there any other kind?)

Maybe, maybe not. At worst the law is upheld and the status quo is maintained.

I'll be watching this one, should be interesting.

It certainly could be.

I just hope it's all a joke.

If the government wants to arrest all the participants, it won't be that difficult. Police from all levels of government - possibly even the military - would be expected to be called in to end the illegal protest. Since the Federal Government is making a major issue about gun ownership, there is too much at stake for the government to back down on this one.

These protesters have to know that if the police arrest them and they use lethal force to resist arrest, they are guilty of murder, plain and simple.

I am a gun owner and a Second Amendment advocate. However, parading down the streets with loaded weapons in a city where that is illegal is frighteningly stupid. If these people are looking for a showdown, they might just get one. And it might be one that will haunt them the rest of their lives.

This is some very serious shit.

What is an "unlawful" armed march. The Second Amendment guarantees my right to carry and march with any firearm I want, at any time, anywhere, other than another person's private property.

Btw, I'll be there with my new Remington 18.5 inch shottie.

What is an "unlawful" armed march. The Second Amendment guarantees my right to carry and march with any firearm I want, at any time, anywhere, other than another person's private property.

So, when your infantile little mob violates D.C. armed carry laws - your asses will be hauled off to jail. Be sure to wave to us on TV. Have fun...

So, when your infantile little mob violates D.C. armed carry laws - your asses will be hauled off to jail. Be sure to wave to us on TV. Have fun...

nope DC would be in violation, their bullshit laws have been struck down by the supreme court...try again

Good, then we can skip all the small talk and get right to the shooting.

Good, then we can skip all the small talk and get right to the shooting.

Good luck with that. An armed insurrection will be dealt with rather summerily, and the rest of the nation will simply ask, "Where do we get such stupid assholes?".

Forum List

Back