Gun Protesters Plan March On D.C. With Loaded Rifles To ‘Put Government On Notice'

Personally, I think this march is a very, very bad idea.

Why's that?

IMO, it's an accident or sabotage waiting to happen, and it does more harm than good.

The two thing, more than any others, that I want to see from gun owners is good judgement and abiding by the law...this march violates both.

Want to march on Washington...let's march...but leave the loaded guns at home.

i agree. i think the point can be made without giving the opposition grounds to challenge you

We have not been challenging the restrictions placed on our rights since the 1930's. When will it be time to do so? Should we wait until the only recourse we have is the violent overthrow of the government?
Right now so many people believe that we live in a democracy that it is difficult to explain to them that no majority can remove our rights - that the rights we have are not provided by the government but were meant to have been protected by the government.
The government is not doing its job. It is a power hungry giant that keeps getting bigger and more powerful. Is this still the United States of America or some European democratic parlimentary monarchy? It is hard to tell anymore. Perhaps it is already too late but I am still willing to try to resolve the issues of our rights without a war that would desumate this country.

We have not been challenging the restrictions placed on our rights since the 1930's. When will it be time to do so? Should we wait until the only recourse we have is the violent overthrow of the government?
Right now so many people believe that we live in a democracy that it is difficult to explain to them that no majority can remove our rights - that the rights we have are not provided by the government but were meant to have been protected by the government.
The government is not doing its job. It is a power hungry giant that keeps getting bigger and more powerful. Is this still the United States of America or some European democratic parlimentary monarchy? It is hard to tell anymore. Perhaps it is already too late but I am still willing to try to resolve the issues of our rights without a war that would desumate this country.

no, it is time to start turning back the clock. accept no new legislations until we go back and revise some of the illegal legislation already in place. little by little the government whittles away our rights. when the left is in power, their agenda gets targeted. when the right is, theirs. bottom line, both effect us.

And both parties have restricted our rights for so long that we only have two alternatives; get them out or replace the government with the one this country began with.

Arrest them all, and shoot them if they protest. No excuses for these pathetic people.

Nah, thats wrong.
You should remember their first amendment right, within gun laws.

But they should be warned that they shouldn't dare try anything stupid, because they are outgunned.

Dillon-Aero-M134D-Gatling.jpg

Dreaming of turning back the clock is utopian bull. The United States of America is a very different landscape than it was even 50 years ago. Trying to govern in 2013 with 1960 law is radically stupid.

Thank goodness it is impossible to achieve as well. You can't put toothpaste back in the tube and you can't turn back the clock.

Why's that?

Stop me if you've heard this one;

You walk into a bar; and an 84 pound guy reaching all of 5' 1" walks over to a 6' 8" brute tipping the scale at about 260 - arms like tree trunks.

The little guy screams "You're UGLY, and punches him in the nose."

Now, even if you agree that the big guy is ugly, you think to yourself "this is a very, very bad idea."

Well, yes, violence from the state is a very good possibility, but isn't that kind of the point?

Personally, I think this march is a very, very bad idea.

Why's that?

IMO, it's an accident or sabotage waiting to happen, and it does more harm than good.

The two thing, more than any others, that I want to see from gun owners is good judgement and abiding by the law...this march violates both.

Want to march on Washington...let's march...but leave the loaded guns at home.

If the law is bad, however, then shouldn't it be broken?

Well, yes, violence from the state is a very good possibility, but isn't that kind of the point?

Only if you seek to increase authoritarianism. This gives the thugs ammunition to paint constitutionalists as violent and out of control. That is not helping.

If the law is bad, however, then shouldn't it be broken?

If you could get 50,000 people - then yes. But a hundred or so will either end in bloodshed or all land in prison - while giving the left propaganda to use in their war on civil rights.

What about the trial?
Won't the "federal court" tell them that the "federal law" is wrong and should not have been in place?
How about an alternative? Do YOU have one that will work better?

Only if you seek to increase authoritarianism. This gives the thugs ammunition to paint constitutionalists as violent and out of control. That is not helping.

It gives the people the chance to see the state for what it is, a bully. Sure they can rationalize it and say the people got what they deserved, should it come down to violence, but they'll see nonetheless.

But what if thousands do show up? Maybe not 50,000, but 1000? 2000? I think that would be serious.

It would be border line. With 10,000 plus, the storm troopers wouldn't dare attack. But with a couple thousand people, they may decide to go for a fire fight - figuring that body armor and better tactics would make up for numbers.

See, I think that a battle between police and the people would be bad press, for the people.

But what if thousands do show up? Maybe not 50,000, but 1000? 2000? I think that would be serious.

It would be border line. With 10,000 plus, the storm troopers wouldn't dare attack. But with a couple thousand people, they may decide to go for a fire fight - figuring that body armor and better tactics would make up for numbers.

See, I think that a battle between police and the people would be bad press, for the people.

I think the idea that a fire fight could break out is pushing it into the realms of nonsense. The worst I see happening is essentially mass police brutality. Kokesh has already said the furthest he's willing to take it is to get arrested, and I'm sure there are very few that would go that far with him. A shoot out with the police is pure fantasy.

I think the idea that a fire fight could break out is pushing it into the realms of nonsense. The worst I see happening is essentially mass police brutality. Kokesh has already said the furthest he's willing to take it is to get arrested, and I'm sure there are very few that would go that far with him. A shoot out with the police is pure fantasy.

We saw the shoot first and ask questions later mentality of the LAPD, shooting up the wrong car. Daily Kos: Chilling: 7 panicky LAPD officers shoot 45+ shots w/o warning wounding 1 shooting up neighborhood

An agent provocateur or even a joker setting off firecrackers could easily cause an incident that would doom us.

We have an process to address these issues.

You want to test the system, let ONE person, perhaps the leader, carry the loaded firearm...allow them to be arrested, then appeal to the supreme court.

We saw the shoot first and ask questions later mentality of the LAPD, shooting up the wrong car. Daily Kos: Chilling: 7 panicky LAPD officers shoot 45+ shots w/o warning wounding 1 shooting up neighborhood

An agent provocateur or even a joker setting off firecrackers could easily cause an incident that would doom us.

You want to test the system, let ONE person, perhaps the leader, carry the loaded firearm...allow them to be arrested, then appeal to the supreme court.

The Supreme Court is pointless. Letting the federal government determine the extent of its own power is the problem, not the solution.

The Supreme Court is pointless. Letting the federal government determine the extent of its own power is the problem, not the solution.

The Supreme Court is ‘pointless’ only to those who disagree with most all of its rulings.

By Rebecca Leber

Almost 900 people are RSVPed for a July 4th march on Washington, D.C. where protesters plan to carry loaded rifles. In D.C., openly carrying guns is against the law. But the organizer of the event, libertarian radio host Adam Kokesh, says the march is an act of “civil disobedience” that attempts to prove gun advocates’ point in the “SUBTLEST way possible.”

The event’s Facebook invitation describes the march as a nonviolent demonstration, “unless the government chooses to make it violent”:

This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

There’s a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.​

More: Gun Protesters Plan March On Washington With Loaded Rifles To 'Put The Government On Notice'

I'm sure Obama will have an adequate military/police force waiting for these radical gun clowns. When I think of "civil disobedience" - I think of brave unarmed civil rights heroes like Martin Luther King, Jr. and Ghandi.

Just have a couple of ships steam up the Potomac and let lose with a couple of harpoon missiles:clap2::clap2:

In all seriousness those clowns have already been infiltrated and if they try anything they will be shut down fast

Last edited:

Forum List

Back