Gun shows are good places to go...

...if you're looking for 52 flavors of popcorn, CBD oil, Trump flags, crotchety old men who wear suspenders, crappy Chinese-made knives, optics, and gun accessories, old primers that are priced ten times what they were a year ago, half-empty boxes of reloading bullets in calibers that nobody uses, open cans of reloading powder, fake Nazi artifacts, outrageously-priced chopped up machine guns, somebody else's handloads, $350 rusty bayonets, $800 SKS rifles, 100 varieties of jerked mystery meat, undercover ATF agents, yard art, $3000 Winchesters, magazines that fit no gun ever manufactured, $8 admission charges, bags of tarnished range brass, $40 tables, bins of rusty gun parts that go to no gun even made, duck decoys, yoga DVDs, and people walking around with signs on their backs, trying to sell some $300 wall-hanger.

That is all.

And a good time was had by all!

It's what we live for. :04:

Cold beer on a nice night, sitting around the fire pit with your feet up on an old milk crate, listening to nothing but the country sounds with no human racket at all.

And assassinating armadillos

I actually tried to eat one of those bastards once. Shot it, cleaned it, popped it in the oven...

It was pretty nasty.
You can catch leprosy from handling those critters.

...if you're looking for 52 flavors of popcorn, CBD oil, Trump flags, crotchety old men who wear suspenders, crappy Chinese-made knives, optics, and gun accessories, old primers that are priced ten times what they were a year ago, half-empty boxes of reloading bullets in calibers that nobody uses, open cans of reloading powder, fake Nazi artifacts, outrageously-priced chopped up machine guns, somebody else's handloads, $350 rusty bayonets, $800 SKS rifles, 100 varieties of jerked mystery meat, undercover ATF agents, yard art, $3000 Winchesters, magazines that fit no gun ever manufactured, $8 admission charges, bags of tarnished range brass, $40 tables, bins of rusty gun parts that go to no gun even made, duck decoys, yoga DVDs, and people walking around with signs on their backs, trying to sell some $300 wall-hanger.

That is all.

Cold beer on a nice night, sitting around the fire pit with your feet up on an old milk crate, listening to nothing but the country sounds with no human racket at all.

Why you hate on the armadillos?
Never seen one. They look cool.

They're destructive. They dig holes that horses and cows step in, and break their legs.
Also the foundation of buildings have been damaged due to them, . But they do eat fire ants , so I live them alone for the most part.

Fuck. I hate those things more than 'dillos. I stood on a small fire ant mound once and didn't know it until the little bastards were crawling up my pants leg and stinging the hell out of my leg.

I haven't ever seen fire ants. Years ago, James was way up in the Cali boonies with this fella that happened to have a big ole truck of almost certain death. They went up each week end for a bit to cut firewood to sell in lean times.

He learned about fire ants one day when he got a battalion of em on his back and even after the shrieks were shrieked, the tribal dance of get em off get em off get em off was danced and Rick had scrapped, chopped, hacked and fire bombed them... James said their heads continued to gnaw on him for about two days.

:)

. Personally I don't buy sushi at a gas station and I don't buy mystery meat at a gun show. Believe it or not obsolete ammunition is a big thing at gun shows as are obsolete firearms. A couple of years ago I bought a near mint Colt Official Police revolver for $125 and 2 bucks for the name check offered for sale as a "used gun". You can walk around angry or you can talk to like minded people and enjoy yourself.

Deals like that one are long gone, at gun shows. Most of the time other vendors snarf them up before they let people in the door. I do pretty good at garage sales, though. Bought a Mauser last weekend for $50 and two worthless single-shot .22 rifles for $10 today. The .22's are both missing the bolts and a bolt would cost more than the rifle is worth. But I can part them out and sell the parts.

Gun shows are large enough so that you see all that is new, as well as some really old stuff you never saw before.
The deals vary, but usually lower than the store price because of the lower overhead and used condition.
Mostly what you see at gun shows is where people bought something to try, and they moved on to something else.
So it is a less expensive way to get to try different guns and see what you like.

. Personally I don't buy sushi at a gas station and I don't buy mystery meat at a gun show. Believe it or not obsolete ammunition is a big thing at gun shows as are obsolete firearms. A couple of years ago I bought a near mint Colt Official Police revolver for $125 and 2 bucks for the name check offered for sale as a "used gun". You can walk around angry or you can talk to like minded people and enjoy yourself.

Deal like that one are long gone. I do pretty good at garage sales, though. Bought a Mauser last weekend for $50 and two worthless single-shot .22 rifles for $10 today. The .22's are both missing the bolts and a bolt would cost more than the rifle is worth. But I can part them out and sell the parts.
Maybe so but dealers in modern (expensive) automatics sometimes take take "old guns" in trade that they have little regard for and want to turn them over quickly. My Official Police was made in 1932 in 38Sp. and is as tight as a drum. What stories it could tell but a serial number check at Colt would cost twice as much as I paid for the weapon.

There are also a lot of history buffs at gun shows, with reenacting uniforms, classic war weapons, etc.
It has always been interesting.

That is all.

Oh my gawd, don't even get me going on those devil bitches!

I never really thought about them till we moved here and I saw them squashed on the road. But they can't squash like everything else squishes... hell no, they gotta get a big ole crack in their fucked up armor and gave me permanent heebie jeebies right off.

They carry leprosy. Joy- like you ain't creepy enough already.

They've done more digging on my property than they had to for the Panama Canal. One day I'll ride my john deere right off into one of those digs and never be seen again. James will be heartbroken and smell funny since I wash his unders.

There's nothing good about an armadillo

Hold up now!!
They're fun to shoot,because they jump straight up in the air like four foot and make grunting noises.
Which of course is why you see em dead on the road all the time. There self defense mode is to jump when threatened.
You can drive over them without a wheel touching them and they die because they jump up hitting the under carriage of your truck and bouncing around like a pinball.

That is all.

I never really thought about them till we moved here and I saw them squashed on the road. But they can't squash like everything else squishes... hell no, they gotta get a big ole crack in their fucked up armor and gave me permanent heebie jeebies right off.

They've done more digging on my property than they had to for the Panama Canal. One day I'll ride my john deere right off into one of those digs and never be seen again. James will be heartbroken and smell funny since I wash his unders.

Hold up now!!
They're fun to shoot,because they jump straight up in the air like four foot and make grunting noises.
Which of course is why you see em dead on the road all the time. There self defense mode is to jump when threatened.
You can drive over them without a wheel touching them and they die because they jump up hitting the under carriage of your truck and bouncing around like a pinball.

All that just adds to their general debbiltry.

I'd like to kick one in the head.

That is all.

Hold up now!!

That is true. Every one of those I've ever shot jumped straight up in the air.

That is all.

Hold up now!!

They also roll up in a ball if you yell at them. I suppose you could use one to go bowling.

Armadilloball!!

That is all.

Hold up now!!

They also roll up in a ball if you yell at them. I suppose you could use one to go bowling.

Armadilloball!!

While I know they roll up in a ball i've never actually seen them do it.

That is all.

Hold up now!!

Armadilloball!!

Me neither. :laughing0301:

That is all.

Hold up now!!

Armadilloball!!

LOL! I told James I was gonna run outside and yell at some armadillos and he gave me an odd look. I assured him they would roll up in a handy ball if I yelled at em and he said he was pretty sure they'll do that if you shoot em too.

That is all.

Hold up now!!

Armadilloball!!

Soccer ball if we see one!

That is all.
Last time I went to one I paid for an old canister of Zyklon-B
Really cool

Deals like that one are long gone, at gun shows. Most of the time other vendors snarf them up before they let people in the door. I do pretty good at garage sales, though. Bought a Mauser last weekend for $50 and two worthless single-shot .22 rifles for $10 today. The .22's are both missing the bolts and a bolt would cost more than the rifle is worth. But I can part them out and sell the parts.
Are we really so different brother ?
You take life when you have to , as do I
Now smile for me brother !!

Forum List

Back