Gunman at DC Navy Yard shoots at least 7

Someone has called for "handing out guns". I would disagree with that approach but perhaps you could share a link...

:cuckoo:

I was at a gun range last weekend.

There were 200+ people with guns - including dozens of really scary AR-15 style guns with deadly plastic on them.

But the funny thing is, no one started shooting each other. None of the guns got up and went on a rampage, not even the ones with that scary plastic on them.

Everyone had one or more guns, but not a single shooting. HOW is this possible? Guns force people to shoot others, or so the leftists keep saying.

I love the second amendment

It allows Americans to go out and buy any weapon they choose when they feel like shooting up a Navy Base, school, movie theater or mall
Look, massacres are not easy.....you need the proper weapons

And yet the largest mass murder in US history was accomplished with a gallon of gasoline. I say we ban all fuels, let's go back to the bronze age! Who's with me!

Yea....but you know?

You don't get the satisfaction with gasoline that you get by squeezing off round after round as your fellow citizens scamper about. If you are going to commit a massacre you have to do it with style. Combat uniform, kick ass looking gun, large capacity magazine

The problem is that our gun owners like to look badass too. So we have to make sure they can look the part when they play Rambo

Pyromaniacs get off on the gasoline, yet I haven't seen a single argument from you that we should limit access to gasoline because there are crazy people that get off on it. Is the real problem here that you get off on guns?

So what have we learned?

We have learned that gun control laws do not function as a deterrent...our criminal in this case was faced with the strictest gun control laws in the country, and he went on a killing rampage ANYWAY...

In a place full of law-abiding military men and women, who were unarmed thanks to the moronic gun control restrictions that are IDIOTICALLY in place in our military facilities.

In other words, gun control is proven (yet again) to make it easier for whackos to kill innocent and law abiding people.

"
Emily Miller of the Washington Times dispensed with law-enforcement sources and spoke directly to the store that sold Alexis the shotgun. She found that the shooter passed two background checks and bought a shotgun with a small amount of ammunition, but never attempted to purchase an AR-15, or any kind of rifle or pistol either:
Aaron Alexis passed Federal Bureau Investigation and Virginia state background checks to purchase a shotgun from Sharpshooters Small Arms Range in Lorton, Va., over the weekend.
Alexis did not attempt to purchase a rifle or handgun from the store, The Washington Times has learned exclusively."

"
Apparently neither the reporter nor his editors took the time to fact check their vague “law enforcement officials” sources.
“Virginia law does not prohibit the sale of assault rifles to out-of-state citizens who have proper identification,” Dan Peterson, a Virginia firearms attorney, told me Tuesday night. The required identification is proof of residency in another state and of U.S. citizenship, which can be items like a passport, birth certificate or voter identification card."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/18/u...man-from-buying-rifle-officials-say.html?_r=2&

MILLER: New York Times gets it wrong, media obsessed with linking AR-15 with Navy Yard shooter - Washington Times
Did the Navy Yard shooter try to buy an AR-15? « Hot Air

Last edited:
81_13759620130918033749.jpg

Lol.

Generally, they get into criminal hands when they are stolen or sold.

There. I helped you. We didn't need a government program and we didn't have to spend billions of dollars to establish yet another retarded and unnecessary beaurocratic nightmare.

I think we have learned that we have a very serious problem. And despite having far more guns than any other country, the crazy right thinks the only solution is more guns.:cuckoo:

We know what our problem is.

Progressive policies that reward criminals and crazy people, and set up innocent and law abiding citizens for annihilation at their hands.

And despite having far more guns than any other country, the crazy right thinks the only solution is more guns.:cuckoo:

You guys keep saying that when NO ONE is advocating that. There are plenty of guns out there. We're not saying we need more guns, we're saying your well intended but illogical laws are preventing good people from effectively defending themselves. Please stop lying.

Your point?

That you are a shameless liar, a demagogue, and entirely reprehensible..

The direct point is that you lied and claimed Alexis used an AR-15, which he didn't. BUT the police did, to stop him. So rather than the "evil assault weapon" wreaking havok, we actually see that the rifle STOPPED the killing of innocents.

That police armed with AR-15s is a good thing..... as is making sure Alexis could only buy a shotgun and not the AR-15 he wanted?

You DO grasp that the guns that Alexis killed 11 out of 12 people with were taken off of the police, right Herr Goebbels?

link to where I said Alexis used an AR-15....I didn't

And despite having far more guns than any other country, the crazy right thinks the only solution is more guns.:cuckoo:

You guys keep saying that when NO ONE is advocating that. There are plenty of guns out there. We're not saying we need more guns, we're saying your well intended but illogical laws are preventing good people from effectively defending themselves. Please stop lying.

Throw out the first thing you would do so we can discuss.

I think we have learned that we have a very serious problem. And despite having far more guns than any other country, the crazy right thinks the only solution is more guns.:cuckoo:

We're just saving up so we can force leftists like you at gunpoint into FEMA trailer or some reeducation camp when this place finally goes tits up.

what we know is that tough gun control laws put in place by any country have not reduced gun violence by a higher rate than the USA has seen since Clintons assault weapons ban was dropped. that is a fact

Forum List

Back