Gunman at DC Navy Yard shoots at least 7

I think we have learned that we have a very serious problem. And despite having far more guns than any other country, the crazy right thinks the only solution is more guns.:cuckoo:

what we know is that tough gun control laws put in place by any country have not reduced gun violence by a higher rate than the USA has seen since Clintons assault weapons ban was dropped. that is a fact

I love my assault weapons. Never leave home without one in the trunk.

I think we have learned that we have a very serious problem. And despite having far more guns than any other country, the crazy right thinks the only solution is more guns.:cuckoo:

what we know is that tough gun control laws put in place by any country have not reduced gun violence by a higher rate than the USA has seen since Clintons assault weapons ban was dropped. that is a fact

I love my assault weapons. Never leave home without one in the trunk.

Not very easy access.

And yet the largest mass murder in US history was accomplished with a gallon of gasoline. I say we ban all fuels, let's go back to the bronze age! Who's with me!

Yea....but you know?

You don't get the satisfaction with gasoline that you get by squeezing off round after round as your fellow citizens scamper about. If you are going to commit a massacre you have to do it with style. Combat uniform, kick ass looking gun, large capacity magazine

The problem is that our gun owners like to look badass too. So we have to make sure they can look the part when they play Rambo

Pyromaniacs get off on the gasoline, yet I haven't seen a single argument from you that we should limit access to gasoline because there are crazy people that get off on it. Is the real problem here that you get off on guns?

You don't see me arguing that we should limit access to guns either

After seeing 20 first graders and 7 of their teachers get massacred and have our country do absolutely nothing about it, I have conceded that there is nothing to be done. Our nation is too entralled with its second amendment to try to do anything about guns and our gun culture.

We, as a nation have accepted that we are willing to accept a horrendous murder rate along with assasinations and massacres.....all so that we can maintain our second amendment.

So when a dozen of our citizens get gunned down the best I can offer is ....too bad for them, but thats the way it is

Yea....but you know?

You don't get the satisfaction with gasoline that you get by squeezing off round after round as your fellow citizens scamper about. If you are going to commit a massacre you have to do it with style. Combat uniform, kick ass looking gun, large capacity magazine

The problem is that our gun owners like to look badass too. So we have to make sure they can look the part when they play Rambo

Pyromaniacs get off on the gasoline, yet I haven't seen a single argument from you that we should limit access to gasoline because there are crazy people that get off on it. Is the real problem here that you get off on guns?

After seeing 20 first graders and 7 of their teachers get massacred and have our country do absolutely nothing about it, I have conceded that there is nothing to be done. Our nation is too entralled with its second amendment to try to do anything about guns and our gun culture.

We, as a nation have accepted that we are willing to accept a horrendous murder rate along with assasinations and massacres.....all so that we can maintain our second amendment.

So when a dozen of our citizens get gunned down the best I can offer is ....too bad for them, but thats the way it is

Horrendous? 4.7 per 100000 is horrendous? I guess you think the deaths over over 100000 a year due to doctor neglect is something we should do something about but you are just to busy whining about firearms to say anything, right?

Horrendous? 4.7 per 100000 is horrendous? I guess you think the deaths over over 100000 a year due to doctor neglect is something we should do something about but you are just to busy whining about firearms to say anything, right?

It seems pretty bad when Germany is .8.

What another Country has is no concern. Our rights are not going to be infringed cause you like Germany more. The rate of murder is so small as to be insignificant for the population.

What another Country has is no concern. Our rights are not going to be infringed cause you like Germany more. The rate of murder is so small as to be insignificant for the population.

Sure it's just almost 4 lives. Who cares. You must be pro life.

You'd track it back to the last legal owner and find out how it got into criminal hands.

stolen, missing piece of evidence, smuggled into the country. misplaced piece of eric holder's fast and furious. good luck with that one

If its missing evidence we know evidence needs to be made more secure. Not knowing we can't improve anything.

we already know evidence goes missing, but are we doing anything to fix the problem? no. so what is going to change? come up with some solutions to the existing problems first ok, before you continue to try to tread on my rights. because i have to tell you, with all of your bullshit up to this point, right now you are getting nothing. we aren't willing to budge at all

And despite having far more guns than any other country, the crazy right thinks the only solution is more guns.:cuckoo:

You guys keep saying that when NO ONE is advocating that. There are plenty of guns out there. We're not saying we need more guns, we're saying your well intended but illogical laws are preventing good people from effectively defending themselves. Please stop lying.

Throw out the first thing you would do so we can discuss.

Easy:

1. Remove the legal, bureaucratic and other feel-good rules that impede people from effectively defending themselves against the crazies and thugs that couldn't give two shits about your rules. That means no more 'gun free zones', no more waiting periods, no more 'may issue' conceal carry permits, no more limiting the types of firearms, ammunition and accessories law abiding citizens can own. It means what the second amendment says: "Shall not be infringed".
  2. Increasing sentencing for VIOLENT offenders. Make using a firearm in the commission of a crime all the more punishable, that's fine too. In order to free up prison space, I would also advocate we stop persecuting consensual activity between adults, which represents the 'crimes' of the vast majority of inmates...but that's another topic.
  3. Put more cops on the streets. It's the one thing that that is proven to reduce violent crime.
  4. Make it easier to detain individuals that have demonstrated mental instability. Admittedly, that one treads perilously close to stepping on civil liberties and you can be sure the ACLU would be all over it. Nevertheless, as we have seen from so many of the mass killing crazies, they provided amble evidence of mental imbalance well prior to murdering innocents.

speaking of pro life, have you found a way to stop the deaths of millions of babies every year? if you are whining about the number of deaths, go for the real big numbers. and they are all innocent victims. half of the gun deaths aren't innocent victims, they are casualties of the trade

stolen, missing piece of evidence, smuggled into the country. misplaced piece of eric holder's fast and furious. good luck with that one

If its missing evidence we know evidence needs to be made more secure. Not knowing we can't improve anything.

we already know evidence goes missing, but are we doing anything to fix the problem? no. so what is going to change? come up with some solutions to the existing problems first ok, before you continue to try to tread on my rights. because i have to tell you, with all of your bullshit up to this point, right now you are getting nothing. we aren't willing to budge at all

And we seem to have more and more shootings. You're quite the hero.

speaking of pro life, have you found a way to stop the deaths of millions of babies every year? if you are whining about the number of deaths, go for the real big numbers. and they are all innocent victims. half of the gun deaths aren't innocent victims, they are casualties of the trade

I'm anti abortion if that's what your asking. But my pro life stance includes people after birth also.

You guys keep saying that when NO ONE is advocating that. There are plenty of guns out there. We're not saying we need more guns, we're saying your well intended but illogical laws are preventing good people from effectively defending themselves. Please stop lying.

Throw out the first thing you would do so we can discuss.

Easy:

1. Remove the legal, bureaucratic and other feel-good rules that impede people from effectively defending themselves against the crazies and thugs that couldn't give two shits about your rules. That means no more 'gun free zones', no more waiting periods, no more 'may issue' conceal carry permits, no more limiting the types of firearms, ammunition and accessories law abiding citizens can own. It means what the second amendment says: "Shall not be infringed".
  2. Increasing sentencing for VIOLENT offenders. Make using a firearm in the commission of a crime all the more punishable, that's fine too. In order to free up prison space, I would also advocate we stop persecuting consensual activity between adults, which represents the 'crimes' of the vast majority of inmates...but that's another topic.
  3. Put more cops on the streets. It's the one thing that that is proven to reduce violent crime.
  4. Make it easier to detain individuals that have demonstrated mental instability. Admittedly, that one treads perilously close to stepping on civil liberties and you can be sure the ACLU would be all over it. Nevertheless, as we have seen from so many of the mass killing crazies, they provided amble evidence of mental imbalance well prior to murdering innocents.

all sensible solutions the left has continually turned their back on claiming it leads to racial profiling and violates peoples civil rights. they say we can't afford more cops. So, the people are supposed to submit to being victims? wtf?

Why are you cherry picking? The USA, despite having the most firearms per capita, doesn't make the top 100 list of countries by intentional homicide rate. And most of those countries with worse murder rates than ours have a near total ban on civilian owned firearms. The facts do not support your agenda.

Further, if you removed from the US stats the few neighborhoods in which the majority of murders takes place due to gang violence, our murder rates would be akin to your precious Germany...despite all the firearms! The point is, it's PEOPLE that murder, not guns.

I guess you are right 4.7 is not too bad

Especially when Japan is 0.4, Canada is 1.6, England is 1.2, Italy is 0.9, France is 1.1

We should be glad. We have our second amendment, we have 300 million guns and only 4.7 per 100,000 get murdered

I can live with it as long as we have our second amendment

Especially when Japan is 0.4, Canada is 1.6, England is 1.2, Italy is 0.9, France is 1.1

We should be glad. We have our second amendment, we have 300 million guns and only 4.7 per 100,000 get murdered

And until you grow the balls to try and take that right away you will have to live with it. You have already admitted you don't have the balls to push for a new amendment. So quit your whining and crying and stfu, ok?

Then move to one of those countries and leave Americans alone.

Oh and what you are too stupid to understand is that the countries you listed do not count homicides the way we do. Most of them don't count a murder as a homicide unless there's a conviction. And some countries list suicides as homicides.

So the stats aren't comparable. But as I said, you're too stupid to understand.

yea, but canada, england, japan all had rates in the same general area prior to their strict gun laws. so the strict gun laws really aren't responsible for the rates. in fact the rates in the usa have dropped by the same percentage since clintons assault weapons ban was revoked.

And we seem to have more and more shootings.

How about we rely on facts instead of what 'seems' to be the case?

Mass killings are on the decline in America. Grant Duwe, a criminologist with the Minnesota Department of Corrections, wrote a history of mass murders in America. He found that while mass shootings rose between the 1960s and the 1990s, they actually dropped in the 2000s. And mass killings actually reached their peak in 1929, according to his data. He estimates that there were 32 in the 1980s, 42 in the 1990s and 26 in the first decade of the century.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/criminologist-says-mass-shootings-show-no-pattern-or-increase/1266381

Once again, the facts do not support your agenda.

Forum List

Back