Gunman at DC Navy Yard shoots at least 7

You don't see me arguing that we should limit access to guns either

After seeing 20 first graders and 7 of their teachers get massacred and have our country do absolutely nothing about it, I have conceded that there is nothing to be done. Our nation is too entralled with its second amendment to try to do anything about guns and our gun culture.

We, as a nation have accepted that we are willing to accept a horrendous murder rate along with assasinations and massacres.....all so that we can maintain our second amendment.

So when a dozen of our citizens get gunned down the best I can offer is ....too bad for them, but thats the way it is

Look, you're a demagogue and lack even a hint of integrity, but would you explain to the class what the #1 weapon used in homicides is? And if that weapon is not rifles, or hand guns, or any sort of firearm; will you explain why you, and the hate sites that do your thinking for you, do not campaign for the outlaw of those weapons that ARE responsible for most homicides?

Two thirds are by gun

Next question?

I guess you are right 4.7 is not too bad

Especially when Japan is 0.4, Canada is 1.6, England is 1.2, Italy is 0.9, France is 1.1

We should be glad. We have our second amendment, we have 300 million guns and only 4.7 per 100,000 get murdered

I can live with it as long as we have our second amendment

Then move to one of those countries and leave Americans alone.

Oh and what you are too stupid to understand is that the countries you listed do not count homicides the way we do. Most of them don't count a murder as a homicide unless there's a conviction. And some countries list suicides as homicides.

So the stats aren't comparable. But as I said, you're too stupid to understand.

NRA bullshit propaganda. But if it makes you feel safer ...go with it

as opposed to the gun grabber bullshit?

Especially when Japan is 0.4, Canada is 1.6, England is 1.2, Italy is 0.9, France is 1.1

We should be glad. We have our second amendment, we have 300 million guns and only 4.7 per 100,000 get murdered

Is that rate higher, or lower than it was 50 years ago, Herr Goebbels?

Does it matter when we have a murder rate three times that which we consider the "civilized" world?

You don't see me arguing that we should limit access to guns either

After seeing 20 first graders and 7 of their teachers get massacred and have our country do absolutely nothing about it, I have conceded that there is nothing to be done. Our nation is too entralled with its second amendment to try to do anything about guns and our gun culture.

We, as a nation have accepted that we are willing to accept a horrendous murder rate along with assasinations and massacres.....all so that we can maintain our second amendment.

So when a dozen of our citizens get gunned down the best I can offer is ....too bad for them, but thats the way it is

Look, you're a demagogue and lack even a hint of integrity, but would you explain to the class what the #1 weapon used in homicides is? And if that weapon is not rifles, or hand guns, or any sort of firearm; will you explain why you, and the hate sites that do your thinking for you, do not campaign for the outlaw of those weapons that ARE responsible for most homicides?

Two thirds are by gun

Next question?

In the last year where statistics are available only 400 murders were with ANY TYPE of rifle. INCLUDING the supposed Assault rifle variant.

Does it matter when we have a murder rate three times that which we consider the "civilized" world?

^

I don't think what you said there is about guns but more about the breakdown of US society that we are witnessing.

Remember Toupac? That is the top 40 Twitter society we live in.

We are a dying breed.

Mark my words.

Does it matter than you keep lying?

^

I don't think what you said there is about guns but more about the breakdown of US society that we are witnessing.

I agree

It is about our society. We have 300 million guns for 300 million people. Suffer from depression? A gun is handy. Pissed off at your wife? A gun is handy. Fighting with your neighbor? A gun is handy. Want to rob, rape or murder? A gun is handy

This is the United States. We love our guns and are not going to give them up. We have a second amendment and a strong lobby to protect it

We have to suffer a murder rate three times that of other countries? It is worth it. We suffer an occasional massacre? We can live with it

We are the United States and we love our guns

^

I agree

It is about our society. We have 300 million guns for 300 million people. Suffer from depression? A gun is handy. Pissed off at your wife? A gun is handy. Fighting with your neighbor? A gun is handy. Want to rob, rape or murder? A gun is handy

This is the United States. We love our guns and are not going to give them up. We have a second amendment and a strong lobby to protect it

We have to suffer a murder rate three times that of other countries? It is worth it. We suffer an occasional massacre? We can live with it

Oh Hi!

I don't believe that for a second.

It is ALL about our society. A gun is something to pin it on.

What is it really that's going on here?

Looking back 50 years, a Pew Research Center study found U.S. gun homicides rose in the 1960s, gained in the 1970s, peaked in the 1980s and the early 1990s, and then plunged and leveled out the past 20 years.

"Despite national attention to the issue of firearm violence, most Americans are unaware that gun crime is lower today than it was two decades ago," the researchers say.

^

I agree

Oh Hi!

I don't believe that for a second.

It is ALL about our society. A gun is something to pin it on.

So...guns have nothing to do with it

Our society is evil while that of Japan, England, France, Germany and Canada are morally superior

Guns are everywhere and make a handy "tool" to act out your aggression

Guns aren't the problem; guns can't fire by themselves.

We live in a 'throw away' society these days. Not many people have respect for others or themselves. Not many people take care of their possessions. People would rather throw something out the door than take care of it, whether it's another life or an object. People turn their heads when they see or hear someone doing something that would put others in danger.

Media. Twitter. Top 40.

This really doesn't have anything to do with guns.

Unfortunately/Fortunately, I am of a different generation and have my finger on the pulse of this next one.

Jump on Twitter sometime - see what that's like to be Current.

New generation, baby.

Here's a gun snip.

Since Tupac's demise, however, gangsta rap has gone down in popularity; rap songs about guns, however, still are alive and well to this day.
Read more: http://www.mademan.com/mm/10-rap-songs-about-guns.html#ixzz2fI1LvHQu"Home Invasion" by Ice-T. The violent underpinnings of this title track from T's 1993 album of the same name hint toward an armed robbery of a house. Little do the residents know, the group of black men are breaking in to take the kids away from their white supremacist parents so as to avoid their indoctrination.
"Trapped" by Tupac Shakur. This beautiful piece is one of the best rap songs about guns. A police officer harasses Pac, his partner even going so far as to shoot at him. Shakur shoots back, is eventually cornered, and says he'd rather die than "be trapped in the living hell".
"It's On" by Ice-T. The second track by Ice-T to appear on this list of the best rap songs about guns, "It's On" features weapons and much more. T is not to be messed with, and it looks like Charlton Heston might have pissed off the wrong man.
"Who Shot Ya?" by the Notorious B.I.G. Biggie made this track come alive in 1995, a year before Tupac's death. Some, such as the late Pac, always thought this (out of all the rap songs about guns) was a diss to him. B.I.G. publicly denied the single having anything to do with Shakur's first shooting.
"How to Rob" by 50 Cent. Aside from being the first single released by the up-and-coming Fiddy in 1999, "How to Rob" was one of the rap songs about guns from its day. In it, 50 Cent released a swarm of insults headed to various artists, including Wu-Tang Clan.
"Mother Fu**in D" by Schooly D. "But I tell ya know, ya better bring ya gun" spat the notorious, long-time rapper/songwriter. Schoolly D's tracks are too good to be true; not to mention he sings the Aqua Teen theme song.
"Straight Out of Compton" by the N.W.A. One of the quintessential Gangsta rap tracks of all time, "Straight out of Compton" was released on the album that shares its same namesake in 1988. Rap songs about guns are often cliche, albeit not this one. Both West and East Coast groups have looked to N.W.A. to set the trend for gangsta rap, and they have.
"Do My Thang" by Lil Wayne featuring Juelz Santana. If anyone knows how to "hit 'em with da glock" it's Lil Wayne. Weezy, who had to serve a year for weapon charges, knows how to make the best rap songs about guns.
"Gun Will Go" by Wu-Tang Clan. Wu-Tang was one of the original pioneers of rapping about guns, the ghetto life, and violence in inner-city streets. "Wu-Tang", as such, has become influential as a hardcore East-Coast hip hop group. Their song "Gun Will Go" features Method Man, so you know its good.
So whether it's Weezy or the N.W.A., you can bet that these rap songs about guns are good. Gangsta rap, in general, is an excellent social tool that helps us understand the ever-poorer American underclass.

You think your more likely to have your gun taken by a Nazi than be shot by a criminal? I don't think either are that likely, but the nazi thing definitely less likely.

80% of all homicides are gang related. If you're in a gang you have a good chance of getting shot. If you're a normal person your chances of dying in a car crash are significantly greater....or dying from medical malpractice... WAAAAYYY more probable to die from that than from any form of gun violence...

Not true

Most homicides are by someone you know.

Yes, gangsters know each other quite well. As usual your facts don't jibe with reality. How about addressing the welfare and medicare shutdown I posited. Seems to me that your methods would work quite well there. Just shut everyone off and the country will get out of debt real soon.

How about it. I'll give up my guns if you give up those two programs... Sound fair?

The gun arguments aren't even from this decade or the last one.

Mark my words.

And yepper.

I'm keeping my guns, thank you very much.

:D

Looking back 50 years, a Pew Research Center study found U.S. gun homicides rose in the 1960s, gained in the 1970s, peaked in the 1980s and the early 1990s, and then plunged and leveled out the past 20 years.

"Despite national attention to the issue of firearm violence, most Americans are unaware that gun crime is lower today than it was two decades ago," the researchers say.

without missing a beat the leftist anti gunners in the media

pass off the shotgun as an ar-15

Guns aren't the problem; guns can't fire by themselves.

We live in a 'throw away' society these days. Not many people have respect for others or themselves. Not many people take care of their possessions. People would rather throw something out the door than take care of it, whether it's another life or an object. People turn their heads when they see or hear someone doing something that would put others in danger.

Yep.

It's a complete utter moral breakdown.

This isn't about guns.

It's about something else entirely.

without missing a beat the leftist anti gunners in the media

pass off the shotgun as an ar-15

Yeah I saw that.

Dumbasses.

Forum List

Back