Gunman at DC Navy Yard shoots at least 7

Would you keep background checks?

Many states require background checks. They happen to be states with high murder rates. They don't work. Never will.

You must be a really bad shit if you need an ar15 for those uses.

It's a Bill of Rights, not a bill of needs.

So no, you'd let felons buy guns. More more guns. You'd do much more damage than good.

So you don't need it. My point is made.

Already laws against felons buying guns. They don't obtain them from legitimate sources, where background checks make no difference.

Your point is clear: Restrict law abiding citizens ability to effectively defend themselves in some vain hope that your good intentions will prevent bad people from doing bad things.

Pass.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEsaXk6Sc3k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEsaXk6Sc3k[/ame]

Many states require background checks. They happen to be states with high murder rates. They don't work. Never will.

It's a Bill of Rights, not a bill of needs.

So no, you'd let felons buy guns. More more guns. You'd do much more damage than good.

So you don't need it. My point is made.

Already laws against felons buying guns. They don't obtain them from legitimate sources, where background checks make no difference.

Your point is clear: Restrict law abiding citizens ability to effectively defend themselves in some vain hope that your good intentions will prevent bad people from doing bad things.

Pass.

They don't obtain them from legitimate sources because of background checks. Duh

Now your lying. What have I suggested that restricts anyone from defending themselves?

Show me where I mentioned them, you lying fuck.

I mentioned them several times. Do they also fudge the numbers? They all have much lower homicide rates.
I don't give a fuck how often you mention them.
Germany quite possibly does, I don't know much about Germany I only lived there for 2 years and that was a military posting.
I don't know about Sweden, 3 short visits.
Norway has very low crime overall, probably because of the way the country is settled.
Wherever you live in Norway you have easy access to the outdoors.
People who enjoy nature tend to be less inclined to criminal behavior.
You can walk in safety from Sandviken to Bergen at any age.
It's weird, but great.

So your argument is that one of the many developed countries with much lower homicide rates might fudge the numbers. Strong argument.

Germany quite possibly does, I don't know much about Germany I only lived there for 2 years and that was a military posting.
Norway has very low crime overall, probably because of the way the country is settled.
It's weird, but great.

So your argument is that one of the many developed countries with much lower homicide rates might fudge the numbers. Strong argument.

My argument, given that you fanatics always use the UK as an example of the perfect society, is that the UK uses a different method to compile data than the USA.
That being that in law a person cannot be called a murderer until he has been found guilty of the crime of murder.
That a murder cannot be recorded as such until the facts have been fully established in law. ie A conviction secured.
Very easy to comprehend.

As for the other countries you refer to, I haven't lived in them for any extended period of time, so I wouldn't know.
Unlike you fanatical liberal totalitarians, I don't claim to be an expert on a country I have no experience of.

What I can say is the USA is a safer, wealthier and happier place than the UK.
Healthcare is better here and standard of living higher and easier to achieve.
Based on experience.

Good thing I seldom use the uk as an example.

My argument, given that you fanatics always use the UK as an example of the perfect society, is that the UK uses a different method to compile data than the USA.
That being that in law a person cannot be called a murderer until he has been found guilty of the crime of murder.
That a murder cannot be recorded as such until the facts have been fully established in law. ie A conviction secured.
Very easy to comprehend.

As for the other countries you refer to, I haven't lived in them for any extended period of time, so I wouldn't know.
Unlike you fanatical liberal totalitarians, I don't claim to be an expert on a country I have no experience of.

Based on experience.

Good thing I seldom use the uk as an example.

A fact that's comparative to the frequency that you use your brain.

It's weird, but great.

Very easy to comprehend.

Based on experience.

The UK, France, Germany, Italy, Canada, Spain, Sweden, Denmark all have murder rates around one per hundred thousand. The US is close to five

Spin that any way you like

The US is perfectly happy with their murder rate as long as we can keep our guns

If we didn't have minority gangs all of whom have a raging sense of entitlement, we would have the murder rate of Brussels.

If we didn't have minority gangs all of whom have a raging sense of entitlement, we would have the murder rate of Brussels.

No we wouldn't

Whites still account for over 50% of our murder rate. 30% of our murders are domestic violence, not gangs

Gang homicides account for 12% of our murders
http://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/Survey-Analysis/Measuring-the-Extent-of-Gang-Problems

•The total number of gang homicides reported by respondents in the NYGS sample averaged more than 1,900 annually from 2007 to 2011. During the same time period, the FBI estimated, on average, more than 15,500 homicides across the United States (www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-1). These estimates suggest that gang-related homicides typically accounted for around 12 percent of all homicides annually.

Last edited:

Perhaps. I guess we should do something about income inequality.
Income Inequality?s Strange Relationship to Violence | Political Violence @ a Glance

We should, stop paying the fuckers foodstamps.
Tell the fuckers to get a job.
Problem solved.

While increasing CEO pay and shipping jobs to china. More gangs anyone?

Very easy to comprehend.

Based on experience.

The UK, France, Germany, Italy, Canada, Spain, Sweden, Denmark all have murder rates around one per hundred thousand. The US is close to five

The US is perfectly happy with their murder rate as long as we can keep our guns

The UK banned guns...and their firearm murder rate remains unchanged 16 years later.

Guns aren't the problem.

Rural America has a murder rate right there with those you cite.

In general, homicide gun deaths in the United States are more of an urban than a rural problem. "Half of all homicides occurred in 63 cities with 16% of the nation's population; within those cities, homicides were largely clustered in certain neighborhoods."[7] For example, in Milwaukee, two inner-city zip codes, 53204 and 53215, have homicide rates of 89.1 per 100,000 and 38.8 per 100,000, respectively, compared with a homicide rate of 10.5 per 100,000 for the state in general.[16]

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/405837

Does it matter when we have a murder rate three times that which we consider the "civilized" world?

A rate that is dramatically declining, as it rises in Europe - mostly due to more honest statistics being gathered.

So yes, it matters a lot, to those who care about the victims.

It doesn't matter to you, because your goal is to crush civil rights, not to reduce crime.

Very easy to comprehend.

Based on experience.

I'm pretty sure you have never been to the UK.
Care to explain why the violent crime, murder and gun crime rates in the UK increased dramatically since the 1997 firearms act?
Care to tell us what effect it had on mass shootings?

None perhaps?
A slight increase in mass shootings?

How about police shot dead on duty?
Same?
Increased?
Stopped?

Successful gun control in the UK caused all crime to increase.
What do you think might happen here when you fanatics ban guns?

Have any data to support your theory that fewer guns increased violence?

My guess is changing demographics and a collapsing economy increased the violence in the last 15 years, Regardless, England STILL has a murder rate that is one quarter of ours

Last edited:
It's not guns that are the problem, it's our tolerance for the criminal element. We just do not have serious deterrents to crime. No consequences result in increased risk taking

We have all these guns, 50% of all owned in the world, yet you are 30% less likely to die of homicide in the USA than you are outside her borders

It's our failed diversity experiment that has America sailing like a ship without a rudder

-Geaux

Again your comparing us to 3rd world countries. You must think very little of this country. Compare us to to developed countries and we're 4X more likely. You don't even think we belong in the company of developed countries?

And most of our violent crime is thanks to immigrants from those third world countries you speak so poorly of. The simple fact is we have way more third world immigrants than every country in Europe combined. Funny how you ignore that fact.

You see you choose only those facts that support your pre-conceived idea. Not the most ethical person are you...

Forum List

Back