Gunman at DC Navy Yard shoots at least 7

Oh right, someone steals a gun , so you jail the victim of the theft.
Great idea!!
When will you start locking up rape victims?

If the gun is stolen you report it to the police and then your clear. Of course if you seem to have too many guns stolen then there is a problem. Now people can't just sell guns to criminals.

It is a crime to sell a gun to a criminal even if you are a private citizen, but you want to make people who don't break the law into criminals if they are the victim of a crime.

If they are a victim of a crime that could potentially hurt other people, then they are 'accessories after the fact"

The best and most practical method of gun control us tge excellent systems we have in place already.
We have extensive background checks on application for the license.
A 5 day waiting period, with further background checks.
Limits on the weapons that may be purchased by different groups.
Different types of licenses.
It's a long and arduous process to purchase a rifle or a shotgun, longer again to buy a handgun.
That's before we even get into the costs involved, safety courses, fees, more fees and then the purchase price of the weapon!!
The costs associated with buying a shotgun are more than the price of the shotgun.
Then the time limits on licenses.
It is actually easier to buy a shotgun in the UK!!

Except that's not what happened here.

What happened here was that Aaron Alexis walked into a VA gun store, and they let him walk out with a gun with no background check.

A background check would have found out he was involved in at least two previous incidents involving guns. Guns that must have been taken away from him or he would have still had them.

A background check would have found that he had reported "hearing voices".

I'm reasonably sure he didn't take any safety courses, either.

[

I gave 104 years of history.
In 88 of those years there were 10 mass shootings.
In the 16 since the 1997 firearms act there have been 14 mass shootings.
You bead to learn to count.
Loser.

One more time, Double Wide.

14 mass shooting in 16 years is a HELL of a lot better than 14 mass shootings a YEAR, which is what we tend to have.

Lying again?

There have been less than 100 mass shootings in the US in the last 30 years, which is less than 4 a year.

The article I pointed out cited a total of 20 for JUST 2012.

Of course, it depends where you count "Mass Shootings". Double Wide wanted to count them as any number more than 1.

If that is the case, then, yeah, we have a lot more.

If you want to use a higher body count, like double digits, then, yeah, we STILL have more.

[

He was never convicted of a crime.

Let me repeat that, he was never convicted of a crime.

I really can't say it enough, he was never convicted of a crime.

You can whine about background checks all day long, but he passed a federal background check, and a more stringent background check in Virginia, because he was never convicted of a crime.

By the way, he did not get a medical discharge from the Navy, he got an honorable discharge, which, once again, means he was never convicted of a crime.

The problem I see here is that he was never convicted of a crime, not that the background checks didn't work. They actually worked perfectly because he was never convicted of a crime.

Yet, for some reason, you blame the gun nuts even though he illegally modified the shotgun he bought the day before because he was never convicted of a crime.

Why should that be a standard?

Frankly, the incidents were serious enough to get his guns confiscated in the previous incidents.

the problem with you guys is that you claim to say, "Well, we did a background check, good enough", when the media was able to find out IN ONE DAY, that this guy never, ever should have been sold a gun.

Because here's the dirty little secret. The gun industry doesn't WANT effective background checks. They want bad guys to have guns. Because if bad guys have guns, everyone else will piss themselves and want them, too. It's like selling weapons to both sides in a war.

Again, simple enough solution. Hold gun manufacturers and gun sellers liable for gun violence. Betcha they'll find a way to do serious background check then.

[
So when you get your gun ban you will offer a 100% assurance that murder will no longer exist?
No more mass shootings.
No more murders?
I get that iron clad?
Even though mass shootings increased ten times after after a gun ban in the UK?

Again, ignoring your horseshit numbers about the UK you keep pulling out of your ass.

80% of gun murders are people shooting people they know- Family, Co-Workers, Friends, neighbors.

So, yeah, you get a gun ban, you've already reduced the murder rate by 80%.

The best and most practical method of gun control us tge excellent systems we have in place already.
We have extensive background checks on application for the license.
A 5 day waiting period, with further background checks.
Limits on the weapons that may be purchased by different groups.
Different types of licenses.
It's a long and arduous process to purchase a rifle or a shotgun, longer again to buy a handgun.
That's before we even get into the costs involved, safety courses, fees, more fees and then the purchase price of the weapon!!
The costs associated with buying a shotgun are more than the price of the shotgun.
Then the time limits on licenses.
It is actually easier to buy a shotgun in the UK!!

Except that's not what happened here.

What happened here was that Aaron Alexis walked into a VA gun store, and they let him walk out with a gun with no background check.

A background check would have found out he was involved in at least two previous incidents involving guns. Guns that must have been taken away from him or he would have still had them.

A background check would have found that he had reported "hearing voices".

I'm reasonably sure he didn't take any safety courses, either.

He passed the background check needed for a shotgun purchase.
Failed the requirements for other weapons.

There was a background check.

A background check was completed.

No background check for buying a shotgun in the UK.
The UK !!
Your liberal utopia.

Takes 5 mins to fill in the forms, 5 mins for an inspector to authorize it( photographs of gun locker and seperated ammunition storage required).
Then a walk to the gun shop , choose your gun, buy it, have it sized and adjusted, pick it up.
You could get your cirtificate on Saturday morning and be in possession of the shotgun at lunchtime.

Did I mention, he passed a background check?

[

This is why we need to add more to backgrounds checks. We should make it possible for a psychologist to put somebody who seems crazy and potentially dangerous on a no gun buy list. At least for some time period until the person can be further examined and these details brought to a judge. Of course since all sales don't need a background check we also have to fix that.

We don't let doctors put people on lists that restrict their freedom because we use something called due process. I would explain it to you, but you would need a working brain to comprehend it.

So a doctor should just let the guy who is crazy walk out of his office and buy a gun.

Yeah, that makes sense, because, you know, "Freedom".

[
So when you get your gun ban you will offer a 100% assurance that murder will no longer exist?
No more mass shootings.
No more murders?
I get that iron clad?
Even though mass shootings increased ten times after after a gun ban in the UK?

Again, ignoring your horseshit numbers about the UK you keep pulling out of your ass.

80% of gun murders are people shooting people they know- Family, Co-Workers, Friends, neighbors.

So, yeah, you get a gun ban, you've already reduced the murder rate by 80%.
The MURDER UK organization is highly respected for compiling the names of murderers in the UK, and the details of the murders they committed.
After the UK gun ban all murders increased, all crime increased, all violent crime increased, all gun crime increased , all sex crimes increased, mass shootings are 10 times more frequent than before, cops shot on duty increased too.
Mass shootings increased 1000%.
Show the 80% reduction?

You pulled that out of your ass, along with all your other lies.

[

He passed the background check needed for a shotgun purchase.
Failed the requirements for other weapons.

Did I mention, he passed a background check?

I just want to point out this stupidity.

If he FAILED the requirements for OTHER WEAPONS, he shouldn't have EVER been allowed to get ANY WEAPON.

Jesus H. FUcking Christ, talking to you gun nuts is like talking to people who live in an alternative reality.

gam_bizarroworld_490.jpg

I mean, I really, really don't know what to say here.

[

This is why we need to add more to backgrounds checks. We should make it possible for a psychologist to put somebody who seems crazy and potentially dangerous on a no gun buy list. At least for some time period until the person can be further examined and these details brought to a judge. Of course since all sales don't need a background check we also have to fix that.

We don't let doctors put people on lists that restrict their freedom because we use something called due process. I would explain it to you, but you would need a working brain to comprehend it.

So a doctor should just let the guy who is crazy walk out of his office and buy a gun.

Yeah, that makes sense, because, you know, "Freedom".

Ok, we should lock people for what they might do.
The DC shooter, liberal.
Boston bombers, liberal.
Recent threats by liberal professor to murder the kids of gun owners.

You, as a liberal are an extreme risk to the well being of children.

You should be locked up in a padded cell where you can no longer do harm to children.

That work for ya?

[

The DC shooter, liberal.
Boston bombers, liberal.

You should be locked up in a padded cell where you can no longer do harm to children.

That work for ya?

Okay, not seeing how the DC Shooter was a liberal, but the boston bombers were very conservative Muslims. In fact, take out the Muslim part, they were probably in agreement with you wingnuts in a lot of ways. They loved guns and hated women controlling their own lady-parts.

So one more time. Do you think crazy people should be allowed to buy guns or not?

I think it's a pretty awful idea....

[

The DC shooter, liberal.
Boston bombers, liberal.

That work for ya?

Okay, not seeing how the DC Shooter was a liberal, but the boston bombers were very conservative Muslims. In fact, take out the Muslim part, they were probably in agreement with you wingnuts in a lot of ways. They loved guns and hated women controlling their own lady-parts.

So one more time. Do you think crazy people should be allowed to buy guns or not?

Legally they already can not. In this particular case Rhode Island Seattle and Dallas all failed to take the appropriate steps. Further the navy was notified and failed to do anything. The laws are already on the books enforce the laws we have.

[

Legally they already can not. In this particular case Rhode Island Seattle and Dallas all failed to take the appropriate steps. Further the navy was notified and failed to do anything. The laws are already on the books enforce the laws we have.

Exactly. The laws aren't being enforced.

Because the NRA doesn't want them enforced. Or strengthened.

Thank you for proving my point.

Hey, you know what, when you come home and find someone broke into your house and took your wide-screen and your computer, you don't say, "Well, I had a lock!"

Nope. You get a tougher door. You maybe get better locks on the other doors they didn't enter in through. If you are feeling really inventive, you might even put bars on the windows even though they didn't even get in that way.

That's what you'd do if you had a lick of sense.

Clearly, the gun laws in place were INADEQUATE to keep Aaron Alexis from getting a gun.

Clearly, Aaron Alexis never should have been able to BUY a gun.

I mean, this is not fucking complicated, really.

[

The DC shooter, liberal.
Boston bombers, liberal.

That work for ya?

The DC shooter, according to his family was an Obama supporter.
Boston bombers, 4 of the 5 terrorists were liberals.
Educated in hatred of America in public schools.
At least two at the Cambridge Rindge (syringe) and Latin academy in the people's republic of Cambridge.
The Boston bombers loved guns ?
Show evidence?

They hated America because their unionized liberal teachers taught them to.

Should mentally ill people be allowed to purchase firearms?

Define mentally ill?
Was Adam lanzas mother mentally Ill?

Mentall illness covers a broad range of conditions.
Depression.
Drink problems.
Pain killer addiction.
Stress .

Give clear definition, then the subject can be looked at.

[

Exactly. The laws aren't being enforced.

Because the NRA doesn't want them enforced. Or strengthened.

Thank you for proving my point.

Hey, you know what, when you come home and find someone broke into your house and took your wide-screen and your computer, you don't say, "Well, I had a lock!"

Nope. You get a tougher door. You maybe get better locks on the other doors they didn't enter in through. If you are feeling really inventive, you might even put bars on the windows even though they didn't even get in that way.

That's what you'd do if you had a lick of sense.

Clearly, the gun laws in place were INADEQUATE to keep Aaron Alexis from getting a gun.

Clearly, Aaron Alexis never should have been able to BUY a gun.

I mean, this is not fucking complicated, really.

This guy should have been tried and convicted for illegal discharge of a firearm.
That is clear.
Can you show evidence that the NRA , a small organization of 4 million members , 3 quarters of whom are not involved beyond paying their dues once a year can influence every police investigation in the country!!

The charges were most likely not pursued by the cops out of fear of the race baiters getting involved.
The race card is a powerfull tool. Particularly powerful at destroying a police officers career in a liberal state or city.

If your house gets robbed because you didn't use the locks that were in place then you start using them.
That would be the more accurate analogy.

[

The DC shooter, according to his family was an Obama supporter.
Boston bombers, 4 of the 5 terrorists were liberals.
Educated in hatred of America in public schools.
At least two at the Cambridge Rindge (syringe) and Latin academy in the people's republic of Cambridge.
The Boston bombers loved guns ?
Show evidence?

They hated America because their unionized liberal teachers taught them to.

at.

Guy, are you some kind of fucking retard or what?

The Boston Bombers- well, there were ONLY TWO OF THEM, and they both came from Chechyna.

And, oh, yeah, they had guns on them when they had a shootout with police.

Seriously, man, get some help.

[

This guy should have been tried and convicted for illegal discharge of a firearm.
That is clear.
Can you show evidence that the NRA , a small organization of 4 million members , 3 quarters of whom are not involved beyond paying their dues once a year can influence every police investigation in the country!!

The charges were most likely not pursued by the cops out of fear of the race baiters getting involved.
The race card is a powerfull tool. Particularly powerful at destroying a police officers career in a liberal state or city.

Because of NRA lobbying, too many police departments are reluctant to confiscate guns.

For instance, my next door neighbor shot out his patio-window with a gun, then lied to the police and said someone had shot in at him until he fessed up and admitted he shot out the window himself.

The cops didn't take his gun.

A couple weeks later he shot himself.

This guy was white.

So, no, the real problem is the NRA insisting gun ownership is a "right" instead of a "privilage".

[

Define mentally ill?
Was Adam lanzas mother mentally Ill?

Mentall illness covers a broad range of conditions.
Depression.
Drink problems.
Pain killer addiction.
Stress .

Give clear definition, then the subject can be looked at.

Yeah, actually, I think Nancy Lanza was mentally ill. someone who thinks she needs 12 guns, some of them military grade, while living in a nice, cushy CT Suburb, is probably suffering from some serious problems.

And, yeah, I think that if you suffer from minor issues like depression or pain killer addiction, you shouldn't have a gun.

19,000 sucidies with guns. Probably would be nice to cut down on those.

Oh right, someone steals a gun , so you jail the victim of the theft.
Great idea!!
When will you start locking up rape victims?

If the gun is stolen you report it to the police and then your clear. Of course if you seem to have too many guns stolen then there is a problem. Now people can't just sell guns to criminals.

It is a crime to sell a gun to a criminal even if you are a private citizen, but you want to make people who don't break the law into criminals if they are the victim of a crime.

A crime to knowingly sell a gun to a felon yes. Without a background check I guess you take the guys word he isn't a felon?

Forum List

Back