Guns - a list

Non-sequitur. Look it up.

I understand what you did. Maybe if you read the Constitution.

You just want to argue. I don't. I have no problem with the constitutional right to bear arms.

We live in a gun culture. That's the way it is.

I posted before you. That makes you the argumentative one. Our democratic republic is protected by a second amendment. How you interpret that to be a gun culture is funny.

Last edited:
We happen to be living in a time when citizens think they have to all own guns and be amateur police.

It's a gun culture.

The arms industry in the US is ENORMOUS. The NRA and other gun lobbies are powerful.

Gun nuts are taking over America.

Last edited:
Today I've begun a list of incidents of gun violence ...
Anecdotal evidence riddled with confirmation bias. In other words: FAIL.

I guess you never went over logical fallacies in this "education" of yours? You should have sent in the extra five box tops for that course.

Actually I still have the text, COPI, Into to Logic, 3rd Edition.

Seems a logical inference when a body is found with a bullet hole that gun violence played a role. I presume the inference you've made in re my thread is based on emotion, not logic. and is a very weak red herring.

99% of your arguments are based on emotion and no facts.

We happen to be living in a time when citizens think they have to all own guns and be amateur police.

It's a gun culture.

The arms industry in the US is ENORMOUS. The NRA and other gun lobbies are powerful.

Treat firearms like liberals treat abortions -- don't like em? Don't get one. :)

If you prefer to live at the whim of others, be my guest. However, don't expect me to join you in that servitude.

Anecdotal evidence riddled with confirmation bias. In other words: FAIL.

I guess you never went over logical fallacies in this "education" of yours? You should have sent in the extra five box tops for that course.

Actually I still have the text, COPI, Into to Logic, 3rd Edition.

Seems a logical inference when a body is found with a bullet hole that gun violence played a role. I presume the inference you've made in re my thread is based on emotion, not logic. and is a very weak red herring.

99% of your arguments are based on emotion and no facts.
It's cute how insecure he is over his education, isn't it?

100 million people in this country own at least one gun. I wish they'd all move to Texas.

It's a gun culture.

Am I a gun nut?

What do you want out of the topic, Wry?

A counterpoint to NRA propaganda repeated by gun nuts on this message board and the gun lobby working with Republicans to inject fear (THEY will take your guns away) every election cycle.

Notice the Apples and Oranges comparison with vehicle deaths, see:

US road safety: Deaths lowest in more than 60 years. How we got there - Yahoo! News

Are guns safer today then they were 60 years ago?

Yes they are. Accidental deaths are sinking ever lower. Firearms themselves are so safe that accidental shootings are exceptionally rare, it is almost allways a negligence issue and training is reducing that problem ever lower.

Three strikes laws are slowly consigning the most violent offenders to life in prison without parole which is also having a major impact on gun violence as the vast majority of murders are bad guys killing bad guys in gang or other criminal endeavors.

So yeah guns are much safer and we are finally putting the true scumbags away forever which is haveing a major effect on violent crime rates. Please note, no gun law has EVER decreased the crime rate in the area affected. Increased the crime rates...but never decreased them.

It's a gun culture.

Am I a gun nut?

I have no idea. I don't know you from Adam.

I support the second amendment and responsible gun ownership. Does that help categorize me?

I'd love to see all the gun nuts live in the same area.:razz:

Here's a little experiment for you. Put a big sign in your window that proclaims you hate guns and don't have any in the house.

What gives with you folks? Can't you have a conversation about a topic where we don't agree?

It's a gun culture.

:lol::lol: You're too funny. S&W made something like 20 million dollars last year...yeah they're SOOOOOO powerful... what a silly person you are.

100 million people in this country own at least one gun. I wish they'd all move to Texas.

More than that bucko. I think virtually every houshold in North Dakota owns at least one and they have the lowest rate of crime in the nation. Kind of screws the pooch for your argument no?

Forum List

Back