Guns - a list

Wry, I can't believe you hang out with these guys day after day. WTF?

I've been told I have a mean sling shot.

I'm retired. They all think I'm a far left liberal which amuses me. I'm a navy vet and retired after a 32 year law enforcement career; a CAL grad and a Democrat. I've seen the results of gun violence and I sat on a regional death review board. All of which give me a perspective on many issues which are posted here. I like to share what I've learned with those who share what they've heard from Limbaugh and Hannity and on Fox and Friends.

Last edited:

I'm retired. They all think I'm a far left liberal which amuses me. I'm a navy vet and retired after a 32 year law enforcement career; a CAL grad and a Democrat. I've seen the results of gun violence and I sat on a regional death review board. All of which give me a perspective on many issues which are posted here. I like to share what I've learned with those who share what they've heard from Limbaugh and Hannity and on Fox and Friends.

You have my complete respect. Thank you for your service, and your unique position.

The Constitution is. It doesn't need defending.

The patriot act? obama'
s indefinite detention NDAA 2012
NO DUE PROCESS
And yes the second amendment that liberals would love to see gutted.
ALL of those need defending and we have the tool to do it.

That's silly.

constitution fanatics are pretty silly.

WTF Troll?
What's wrong with defending the constitution?

There is nothing wrong with defending the Constitution, in fact three times I've sworn to do so as have all vets and law enforcement deputies/officers/agents. What I find silly is the number of posters who believe they understand all the nuances and ambiguities within this amazing document.

Hey westie. I see it differently.

Can you live with that?

Of course. I do every single day. I could care less what you wish to do with your life. I draw the line at when you attempt to dictate to me what I should do with mine.

Verstehen sie?

I have many friends in law enforcement in the bay area. Glen Duren is a very good friend of many decades as is Ovid Holmes and quite a few Richmond P.D. officers. I also reach across the Bay and have many now retired friends who were on the SFPD.

I also count many Superior Court judges as friends...most are retired but Chris Moruza and I get together frequently. I am a grad of Caltech with a PhD. in Geology and I will be happy to discuss criminology any day of the week.

Last edited:
Are guns safer today then they were 60 years ago?
So you're comparing firearms with automobiles ... why??

Keep on battling statistics with anecdote, Don Quixote. :lol:

Please read some of the posts from the gun nuts above, then you may understand why the car/safety link.
Break it down for me, genius.

BTW, newspaper articles are anecdotal (generally based on personal observation); as for statistics, it pays to remember, "there are liars, damn liars and statistics".
So that's why you would trust the incredibly small and intentionally skewed numbers from anecdote over systematically collected statistics based upon a thought-terminating cliché? I'm not at all surprised. :rolleyes:

That's silly.

constitution fanatics are pretty silly.

Constitution starts with a capital. So, you're working on troll status or you just showed up as one to begin with?

That would be overreaction to not capitalizing Constitution. Do you want to discuss the topic or correct my spelling?

Some here are a part of gun culture and some are not. Are you suggesting that those of us who don't own guns have no right to comment on gun culture? 47% of Americans own guns, which means 53% of us don't.

Here's a Time photo essay:

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1886076,00.html

Last edited:

Forum List

Back