Guns To The Rescue, Fire Away !!

Wildman

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2013
this Side of Heaven
In the last week, three different Detroit residents have used their guns to fire at home invaders. The toll after seven days: Two dead, one wounded, three arrested and a whole lot of people rethinking the idea that Detroit homeowners are soft targets for hardened criminals.

Unload: Homeowners open fire on invaders

it just warms the cockles of my heart to read good news about people taking charge and refusing to be victims.

i especially like this lady's quick thinking.

“A man with a gun appeared out of nowhere. She dropped her keys on the ground as a distraction and then reached for her own gun and shot and killed him.”

YOU GO GIRL !!:up:

Which do you think is a higher number?

1. The total number of criminals shot by law-abiding gun owners each year.

2. The total number of people who accidentally kill themselves or a family member with a legal gun each year.

The price of individual freedom requires a certain amount of blood. The collective is less important than the individual comrade senor mod.

2. The total number of people who accidentally kill themselves or a family member with a legal gun each year.

Less then 800 accidental deaths due to firearms a year.

http://www.catb.org/esr/guns/point-blank-summary.html

1500 to 2800 criminals are killed a year by defensive firearms use. more then are killed by the police.

Each year about 1500-2800 criminals are lawfully killed by gun-wielding American civilians in justifiable or excusable homicides, far more than are killed by police officers

Last edited:

Go for it. You're on stage. What'cha got?

I don't know the answer.

then don't ask a question you do not know the answer to. or are you baiting a hook to see if you can catch someone ?? :up:

The price of individual freedom requires a certain amount of blood. The collective is less important than the individual comrade senor mod.

This isn't close to an answer to the question I asked.

how do you know that ? if you do not know...........?

I answered the question , less then 800 deaths a year due to accidental discharge, 1500 to 2800 dead a year due to defensive use of firearms.

Guns and Violence: A Summary of the Field

1500 to 2800 criminals are killed a year by defensive firearms use. more then are killed by the police.

Each year about 1500-2800 criminals are lawfully killed by gun-wielding American civilians in justifiable or excusable homicides, far more than are killed by police officers

Thank you for the link, although I think your math is a little off.

5% of 31,600 is 1580, not "less than 800".

Also, that data is from 30 years ago.

Guns and Violence: A Summary of the Field

Thank you for the link, although I think your math is a little off.

5% of 31,600 is 1580, not "less than 800".

Also, that data is from 30 years ago.

The FBI reports all firearm deaths, and less then 1000 a year is the average generally less then 800.

Forum List

Back