Gyrocopter man is a hero in my book

Every time we trade freedom for security we gain neither. What was the intent of the Gyrocopter pilot? Make a political statement or create still another level of security that could get innocent Americans killed ?

Seemed like a good time to use a surface to air missle.
Wanna protest,write a letter.
Or go on a hunger strike like Al Sharpton.

pointing-out the elephant in the room at the " Versailles on the Potomac". Godbless him

Gyrocopter Pilot Charged for Landing on US Capitol Grounds - ABC News

discuss

Why is he a hero?...I am curious....please clarify if you would....for me...he just flew a helicopter onto government property...what exactly was heroic...?
he put his life at risk in non-violent protest for a cause he believes in deeply.
You may not believe it is heroic but it's pretty admirable

pointing-out the elephant in the room at the " Versailles on the Potomac". Godbless him

discuss

Why is he a hero?...I am curious....please clarify if you would....for me...he just flew a helicopter onto government property...what exactly was heroic...?
he put his life at risk in non-violent protest for a cause he believes in deeply.
those idiots are clueless.

And if the police decided he was a threat and opened fire....and accidentally killed a bystander...would he be heroic then too......?

Hero my ass...He should be dead. Then you could have called him a martyr.

I did think the guy was ShootSpeeders since he was all gung ho USPS.

If his message was some nonsense about AA or speeding, I would have been convinced it was that idiot.

discuss

No one could know it was non-violent.
Any aircraft approaching the capital building should be shot out of the sky

His ass should have been shot out of the sky.
No way to know if he's carrying a gun, a bomb or anthrax

He had already been visited by the Secret Service twice, and he explained his plan in detail both times. Newspapers had reported his intentions, and authorities were called when he took off. They were aware of who he was and what his plan was. They chose not to shoot him down. If he would have deviated from his rout even a little, there would have been a completely different outcome. You don't think all the security measures around the white house are publicly known, do you? He didn't know they would not shoot him down, but they decided there was no reason to.
FAA investigating Florida mailman s landing of gyrocopter on U.S. Capitol lawn Tampa Bay Times

Looks like the uber rich and their water-carriers (Washington politicians) have succeeded. No one cares that the gubmint has been for sale to the highest bidder:

Gyrocopter Pilot Doug Hughes Frustrated His Message Isn t Getting Through - NBC News
"We've got bigger problems in this country than worrying about whether the security around D.C. is ironclad," Hughes told The Associated Press. "We need to be worried about the piles of money that are going into Congress."

You people are clueless and lazy. You deserve everything that comes out of Washington

Looks like the uber rich and their water-carriers (Washington politicians) have succeeded. No one cares that the gubmint has been for sale to the highest bidder:

Gyrocopter Pilot Doug Hughes Frustrated His Message Isn t Getting Through - NBC News
"We've got bigger problems in this country than worrying about whether the security around D.C. is ironclad," Hughes told The Associated Press. "We need to be worried about the piles of money that are going into Congress."

You people are clueless and lazy. You deserve everything that comes out of Washington

You lie. So you say government is sold to the higher bidder, while you post all day crying for more government. If you believe that, you would want less government.

Sadly you were right the first time and you're just a sap. It's the consequence of parroting politician talking points without processing what you are saying

Forum List

Back