Habits of the "rich", habits of the "poor"

We should compile more habits of successful and wealthy people.

Instead, we idolize and assign "celebrity" status to Kim Kardashian, who has done absolutely nothing, only "famous" because she was the best friend of Paris Hilton, who also has done absolutely nothing.

Meanwhile, people here deny that hard work and sacrifice matter.

Ours is a culture in decay.

Last edited:
[

Plus it's a convenient way to avoid the point that not all rich people fuck over their employees and deserve to be voted out of their gains, even by your own sense of justice. That way you can keep "the rich" intact as a contiguous target at which to shoot the blame for all the ills of the economically disadvantaged.

If it wouldn't have an adverse effect on my motivation, I would almost trade my self awareness for the ability to just shovel all my personal responsibility and hopeless disappointment in society onto a convenient scapegoat, like that. Almost.

But, as it turns out, personal responsibility suits me. Go figure.

I'm sorry, guy, just because you can point out one or two rich guys who aren't douchebags, doesn't take away from the larger societal point.

there's never been a bigger gap between the rich and the working class than there is today, and it's getting worse.

There's never been as much bad behavior by the rich as there is now.

And this sort of thing never ends well. Just ask the Romanovs or the Bourbons.

inspirational-quote-michael-jordan.jpg

accept-failure.jpg

Uh-huh.

This guy's wife left him because he chased a bunch of strange, and his father got whacked over his gambling debts.

Not exactly a great role model, except for sociopathic douchebags.

Uh-huh.

This guy's wife left him because he chased a bunch of strange, and his father got whacked over his gambling debts.

I knew someone would do it.

One of you was going to deflect from the message because the message flies against your agenda.

Work hard, sacrifice, and you'll be called a sociopathic douchebag by those poor bitter souls you pass by.

You're the best Joe, thanks.

:rock:

Last edited:
It's not wrong to assume that all rich people aren't exercising successful habits, and it's not wrong to assume that all poor people aren't lazy. It's logical.

I'm simply saying it's stupid for you to assume that the habits and lifestyles of the motivated don't factor into success. You're implying that it's all based on luck, and that assumption is -holy shit- stupid. I don't gotta see stats to know that, I've seen plenty of real life evidence that tells me otherwise, including the difference in results that I've had -personally- when I have or haven't exercised these same sorts of successful habits.

Try getting motivated sometime and see if it doesn't make your entire life better.

My life is fine, I have plenty of motivation.

I think it's stupid to act like all poor people have to do is act like rich people and they will be successful. It's quite a bit more difficult than that depending on how little they have inherited.

How come you think that way? I'm not 'challenging' you, I am just curious. How about if we took the 'rich people' out of the equation and replaced it with 'successful people' , don't you think that certain habits and attributes that successful people have used to achieve their goals is worth reflecting on if a person wants to be successful in their own right? There are plenty of 'rags to riches' people out there. There's always HOPE out of a bad or less than great situation, if a person is willing to CHANGE their current course of action.

There are successful people at all levels...and we need them all...we need the burger flippers, toilet cleaners, office and home cleaners, janitors, garbage men, waiters, construction workers, teachers, office clerks etc. to make the system work...not just the CEOs, Wall-street brokers and others that skim off the top of the work of others..
.To keep our capitalistic society viable,we need those at the bottom who work to generate the substance of wealth as much (probably more) than those at the top.
Considering how flush the latter r these days...shouldn't the former make at least a living wage...and have access to at least basic medical care?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Uh-huh.

I knew someone would do it.

One of you was going to deflect from the message because the message flies against your agenda.

Work hard, sacrifice, and you'll be called a sociopathic douchebag by those poor bitter souls you pass by.

You're the best Joe, thanks.

It doesn't detract from the point.

I frankly don't envy Jordan. His father died because of his actions. (Yeah, I know they say it was a "random robbery", but come on.) He ran up a lot of gambling debts, probably engaged in some point shaving, they killed his dad and the NBA suspended him for two years until they realized he was the only marketable star they had at the time.

Basketball is faker than wrestling.

But why isn't Mac on here telling us how this CEO of Target (who is being forced out by the board) how he gets up three hours before the store opened, consults his to do list and decides to ignore the responsibility he has to protect his customers credit.

For his piss poor job performance he is leaving with 55 million. Good gig if you can get it.

Come on Mac. Defend this dude.

I don't get it, what's your point here?

If there are rich people who got a lot of money by fucking people over, does that prove that being successful has nothing to do with successful habits?

Does it prove that successful habits won't help your outcomes? The only route to a better life is to be born into it or to fuck someone over?

Is that really your outlook on life? That's fuckin bleak, man.

Have you considered suicide? Seriously, if I thought the world was as dark as you make it out to be, I'd check out. Sooner than later.

No, can't say that I have. How about you?

To dense to miss my point eh? Wasn't it Mac that wanted to use the habits of the very rich as a standard to assure success?

All I wanted to hear was what this CEO's success habits are that caused he and his company to fuck up so bad. So that I don't follow them.

Then I wanted to know why the CEO's fuck up was worth 55 million dollars.

Are you not curious as to why this guy is worth this much money when he helped really hurt the company?

Maybe you could find that out before you shoot yourself.

[

Plus it's a convenient way to avoid the point that not all rich people fuck over their employees and deserve to be voted out of their gains, even by your own sense of justice. That way you can keep "the rich" intact as a contiguous target at which to shoot the blame for all the ills of the economically disadvantaged.

If it wouldn't have an adverse effect on my motivation, I would almost trade my self awareness for the ability to just shovel all my personal responsibility and hopeless disappointment in society onto a convenient scapegoat, like that. Almost.

But, as it turns out, personal responsibility suits me. Go figure.

I'm sorry, guy, just because you can point out one or two rich guys who aren't douchebags, doesn't take away from the larger societal point.

there's never been a bigger gap between the rich and the working class than there is today, and it's getting worse.

There's never been as much bad behavior by the rich as there is now.

And this sort of thing never ends well. Just ask the Romanovs or the Bourbons.

The larger societal point is that most of the rich are fucked, so fuck 'em all?

The larger societal point is that we should punish all people of a demographic because members of that demographic have done some fucked up things?

Why are you less evil than a racist? Punishing the innocent for the crimes of individuals in a shared demographic is punishing the innocent for the crimes of individuals in a shared demographic. How does separating that on race make it worse than any other criteria?

Also, and perhaps more importantly, WHEN DID THIS BECOME A DISCUSSION ON HOW EVIL THE RICH ARE!?

The entire point of this OP was that successful habits have an affect on the success of one's outcomes.

What is it about your level of vitriol that compells you to blast the rich in defense of the poor when nothing about this thread attacked the poor?

When you did this, did you even realize that how badly you were projecting? Do you at least have enough self awareness to see it when someone else points it out for you?

The larger societal point is that most of the rich are fucked, so fuck 'em all?

The larger societal point is that we should punish all people of a demographic because members of that demographic have done some fucked up things?

Why are you less evil than a racist? Punishing the innocent for the crimes of individuals in a shared demographic is punishing the innocent for the crimes of individuals in a shared demographic. How does separating that on race make it worse than any other criteria?

I don't worry about the "innocent" rich people... sorry, just don't. And if you think "Making them pay their fair share" and "Making sure they pay the people who do the work" Is "punishing them", then I think it shows how whacked you guys are.

Also, and perhaps more importantly, WHEN DID THIS BECOME A DISCUSSION ON HOW EVIL THE RICH ARE!?

I think it became that discussion when the Right became the party of "I got mine, fuck you!" And nominated Romney.

The entire point of this OP was that successful habits have an affect on the success of one's outcomes.

What is it about your level of vitriol that compells you to blast the rich in defense of the poor when nothing about this thread attacked the poor?

When you did this, did you even realize that how badly you were projecting? Do you at least have enough self awareness to see it when someone else points it out for you?

Nope, when I see a fuckwad like Mac who thinks apparently I deserved to be cheated out of a job because I got sick, frankly, I'm seriously not interested in making distinctions.

Get them all, let God sort them out.

Forum List

Back