Haley announces $285M cut in 2018-19 UN operating budget

The wars stopped by the UN never make the news.

They will now.

Let Trump go to war without UN support

Lets see how far he goes. He won't have a seat on the UN Security Council anymore

Trump doesn't want war. It is your side of the aisle howling for blood.

Also, there is no mechanism for the UN to deprive the US of a seat. Any attempted change could be vetoed by US.

Let him tell it to Lil Rocket Man

Trump seems to be leading us to a UN exit and his supporters love it (just read this thread)

Hold the UN accountable for their shitty actions is hardly the same as an UN exit.

My point stands. Your side has been putting political pressure on him for a more aggressive foreign policy since BEFORE he was in office.

So....voting against something the US did was a "shitty action" ?

Given the number of nations that condemned us......Looks like Trump engaged in a shitty action

so moving the embassy to Jerusalem is shitty?
we should have all of our foreign embassies stationed in Atlanta.......good call

Of course!

All other countries should let the U.S. pick out all the hottest women from their countries too for arranged marriages! The U.S. also should be allowed to bury our trash in their countries as well, especially nuclear waste.

We don't do arranged marriages, those primitive cultures you defend do that stupid shit. As for trash, why not, these people owe us money.....pay or we use you like a hefty bag.

"We?"

You must be a one blind fucker, because there are arranged marriages in the U.S. every day... and not just by Muslims.

omfg, you're one of those people...you find one....and say, see it happens, no 99% do not do arranged marriages.....so stfu

One of those? You said they don't happen. You're wrong. You are VERY wrong.

Human trafficking IS a problem in the U.S.
yes, but that's not what we were talking about, smart ass.
Ironic it was your occupy wallstreet people in Oakland stopping a meeting to deal with that very problem.
what is you solution when you catch them? picking up litter? rehab?

Part of human trafficking is arranged, forced marriages. Dope.

I love it.

Other rich nations need to pay their fair share.

$284 million? That’s like your best half telling you they saved 30 cents and expecting you to be impressed.

Everyone human being crawled and walked before they ran.

It’s going to take some time to get spending down.

Libs Love other people’s money are fucking crack addicts.

Yea fine, it using that excample, crack heads don’t get botique services to quit using unless they are rich. That shit stops cold turkey. The UN have taken advantage of Americans long enough. We don’t need them here, they serve no purpose and really, there is no way to justify not throwing money in the trash. This 284 million isn’t even a drop in the bucket when you look at the whole budget. It’s even more insignificant when you look at what a drag the UN being here is. Security costs, unpaired restraint and hotel bills, un paied tickets as well as the upkeep of the facilities around the building. So was this impressive? Not at all. Praising this is like praising your kid for getting his math grade up to an F from and F-.
Wrong, the problem is budgets like these and our government always go up (even with "cuts" we pay more one year than the last) so atleast we are really reducing spending....hopefully to 0, but for now it's a start and lets wait and see what happens.

We don't do arranged marriages, those primitive cultures you defend do that stupid shit. As for trash, why not, these people owe us money.....pay or we use you like a hefty bag.

"We?"

You must be a one blind fucker, because there are arranged marriages in the U.S. every day... and not just by Muslims.

omfg, you're one of those people...you find one....and say, see it happens, no 99% do not do arranged marriages.....so stfu

Ironic it was your occupy wallstreet people in Oakland stopping a meeting to deal with that very problem.

dipshit, that's a specific part and the one your ocuppy buddies stopped meetings on.....so again if you catch these traffickers, what should we do to them (this is the part the left NEVER wants to talk about....penalties...)

First, 10% will not get the rest of the world even close. (see below)

Second, our military is not underfunded, it is misused and mismanaged. The Army alone made a 2.8 trillion dollar fake adjustment to their books to give the appearance of the books being balanced, in just one quarter last year. If any other agency under the Fed Govt had such things going on would you just advocate just throwing more money at them?

How about we hold the DOD accountable just like people want to do with the rest of the government. Is that too much to ask?

wolrd_military_spending_barchart_large.png
A wholly misleading chart. How many of those other seven nations have the security of the entire world thrust upon their shoulders?

I would agree to a 10% cut in the military as long as you agree that we should fully and permanently pull out of NATO and any responsibility for Western Europe.

Nothing was thrust upon the US, we gladly took it as our way of trying to control the world.

We do not need to leave NATO but I am all for pulling all our troops out of Europe. Station them along the southern border and there is no need for a stupid fucking wall.

The wall is gonna be awesome, but putting troops on the border, im for that. I can just imagine the heart attacks of your progressive friends if that was ever done.....OMG the leftwing hysteria, would be hilarious.........

I care little about the hysteria from the wings, be them right or left. You are no different than the left wing wackos in my book
you are a leftwing wacko....One of those starkey I'm independent people, that always side with the left 90% of the time.

I am not independent, i am a libertarian. I am fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

I am a retired Marine who thinks our military is misused and mismanaged.

I am anti-abortion and pro-second amendment.

I am anti-Obamacare and pro-gay marriage.

I want a smaller government and more personal freedoms. Which is why I belong to either party as neither party wants either of those things.

"We?"

dipshit, that's a specific part and the one your ocuppy buddies stopped meetings on.....so again if you catch these traffickers, what should we do to them (this is the part the left NEVER wants to talk about....penalties...)

My occupy buddies? Nope. Just like you always do, when you are proven wrong you make up some shit to try and use as an attack. Can you just tell the truth for once? I mean... ONCE?

We can save 15 times that much by cutting the DOD budget by a measly 10%
So let the rest of the world catch up to the US in military strength.

Second, our military is not underfunded, it is misused and mismanaged. The Army alone made a 2.8 trillion dollar fake adjustment to their books to give the appearance of the books being balanced, in just one quarter last year. If any other agency under the Fed Govt had such things going on would you just advocate just throwing more money at them?

How about we hold the DOD accountable just like people want to do with the rest of the government. Is that too much to ask?

A wholly misleading chart. How many of those other seven nations have the security of the entire world thrust upon their shoulders?

I would agree to a 10% cut in the military as long as you agree that we should fully and permanently pull out of NATO and any responsibility for Western Europe.

Nothing was thrust upon the US, we gladly took it as our way of trying to control the world.

We do not need to leave NATO but I am all for pulling all our troops out of Europe. Station them along the southern border and there is no need for a stupid fucking wall.

The wall is gonna be awesome, but putting troops on the border, im for that. I can just imagine the heart attacks of your progressive friends if that was ever done.....OMG the leftwing hysteria, would be hilarious.........
I'm all for the wall but troops on the border is a non-started, not to mention illegal. Other than training on bases the military should not be operating inside the US .

I'm all for the wall but troops on the border is a non-started, not to mention illegal. Other than training on bases the military should not be operating inside the US .

The purpose of the military is to defend the country and yet somehow they are not allowed to defend the border. Stupid law is all I have to say.

The purpose of the military is to defend the country and yet somehow they are not allowed to defend the border. Stupid law is all I have to say.
Put them on the border and how long before they are in our cities in the name of defending the US ? Posse comitatus is a good law.

My occupy buddies? Nope. Just like you always do, when you are proven wrong you make up some shit to try and use as an attack. Can you just tell the truth for once? I mean... ONCE?
what you disagree with the occupiers?

I think the border is fine....it's the point of the military....plus I just want to hear the ignorant Hollywood and university fools go in full panic mode over it.

what you disagree with the occupiers?

Can you show me where I've said I agreed with them? Since you accused me of being their buddy?

The wars stopped by the UN never make the news.

They will now.

Why shouldn't the UN meet in Switzerland and members pay according to population?

What specifically would be bad about that arrangement?

Why not pay according to national wealth?
Why not pay according to how much help you receive?

Kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

depends on the type of help and if its economical.....give em a few interest free years, then start charging them juice....

I think the border is fine....it's the point of the military....plus I just want to hear the ignorant Hollywood and university fools go in full panic mode over it.
I don't have an issue with the National Guard patrolling their states borders. That's what they are for, but using the active duty military could open a can of very nasty worms.

I don't have an issue with the National Guard patrolling their states borders. That's what they are for, but using the active duty military could open a can of very nasty worms.

I hear ya, I prefer the wall, but military is technically to protect the borders, so it is their function.....

From the article:
“The United States will remember this day in which it was singled out in this assembly for the very act of exercising our right as a sovereign nation,” Haley told member nations ahead of their vote.
Every time any nation takes a given action or makes a statement to a given effect/end, it does so in the exercise of its rights as a sovereign nation. The U.S. and all other nations, in turn, voice their satisfaction or dissatisfaction with that nation's words/deeds. The U.S. government took a position, and the remaining nations of the world have voiced their dissatisfaction with that position as is their right. Trump, in response has opted to throw a temper tantrum borne of vengeful, "might makes right," American exceptionalist dejectedness. Trite, vulgar and typical as Trump is wont to be.
They have that right, but they have no right to our money
The U.N. has the right to whatever sums each member state has agreed contractually to provide to it.

As for the reductions Haley announced, well, they have long been in the works. Trump's decrying of "Jerusalem" vote was little but a convenient foil to preface Haley's announcement.

Do I have an opinion on how much the U.S. or any other nation should or should not contribute to the U.N? No, not really. The sums not what concern me. I care only about whether individuals, groups, governments, etc. handle their affairs with the utmost integrity.

Public policy is a thing for which there are no absolutely/always correct solution approaches; thus so long as one handles public policy matters with unrelenting honesty, completeness of disclosure, clarity, and sincerity, I'm likely to go along with trying with most policy approaches (outside of effecting or instigating mayhem and whatnot) that folks are likely to suggest.

I have no tolerance for dissemblance and disingenuousness when discussing public policy. Quite simply, people who do that cannot be trusted. Once I determine I cannot trust one to address a matter with complete integrity/honesty, I'm unlikely to support anything one proposes. Before I can agree with someone, I must first trust them. How can one know what to make of remarks and ideas expressed by someone whom one doesn't trust?

People who "spin" things are people whom I don't trust. People who don't directly answer legitimate questions are people whom I don't trust. When I ask someone what they think about "X" and they don't tell me what they think or that they've not thought about "X," I cease to trust them.

My problem with Trump is that I cannot ever take his word because he's shown that he will lie about anything and everything, so much so that I dare say no POTUS before him has lied as much about as many kinds of things. Hell, the man lied about owning the tallest building in NYC. WTF? Who lies about things like that? Nobody but Trump. If you didn't own the biggest house in your neighborhood, would you claim that you do? Of course, you wouldn't, yet Trump did essentially that.

I'm sorry, but I find it annoying to the Nth-degree that I, you, and everyone else must constantly check the veracity of what that man and the people around him and the people who forebear his lying say.

So no real solutions from liberals, just whining about a 5% Budget cut at the UN.

You guys are sooooo predictable.

This 5% cut in the UN budget will end up allowing millions of children to die....right?:badgrin:

What about the CHILDREN?!

Forum List

Back