🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Half a Billion Christians Recognize the Greenhouse Effect

some people will swallow anything off these left wing sites

kinda sad really

Science and Religion seem to be coming to an agreement.

Climate Change: Consensus

It is no surprise that the WCC took a liberal position that is pretty much what they do. But it is equally not surprising that the faith are NOT anti-science. Big Bang theory, developed by a RC priest.

What is disingenuous of the whole thing is how you don't mind using religion for your purposes while most of the time you couldn't think of one good thing to say about those of religion.

What you are doing above is called "projecting". As in "projecting" what your opinion is on a particular subject as fact, without proof or even sound reason.

Why you doing that?

I think you need to look up the definition of projection as applied to discussions. Now if you said that I was just making things up then that would make sense. But what you posted is just a misunderstanding of the term. For example, there is a saying that the worse thing about a person that trusts no one is that they don't trust themselves.

What I do, do, is use the evidence available. The evidence I see in your posts and KNB is that you hold those with religion in contempt. Or should I say you hold religion in general in contempt.

So now that you know the definition of projection, and you now say what I posted about your view on religion is right.........or wrong.

Last edited:
Global warming is caused by Bush lying us into two major wars. Legalize pot and fight global warming!

Global warming is caused by Bush lying us into two major wars. Legalize pot and fight global warming!

That sounds idiotic to me but-----but it's a free country, you're welcome to believe anything you want - no matter how idiotic it sounds. But I think if you wipe the soot from your eyes you 'll come to the realization that global climate change is caused by burning fossil fuels, even the Pope said “Creation is not a property that we can dominate at our pleasure nor does it belong to only a few,” and that-----and that came just one day after the National Catholic Reporter issued an editorial under the heading “Climate Change is church’s No. 1 pro-life issue”.

That sounds idiotic to me but-----but it's a free country, you're welcome to believe anything you want - no matter how idiotic it sounds. But I think if you wipe the soot from your eyes you 'll come to the realization that global climate change is caused by burning fossil fuels, even the Pope said “Creation is not a property that we can dominate at our pleasure nor does it belong to only a few,” and that-----and that came just one day after the National Catholic Reporter issued an editorial under the heading “Climate Change is church’s No. 1 pro-life issue”.

I'm glad something sounds idiotic to you, because that was idiotic. But not far from other stuff that even you yourself have posted. Like this one.
Climate change is not caused by burning fossil fuels. That is a myth. No one has ever proven it. No one has ever proven humans have that kind of effect on climate. Hell, no one has proven the climate even is warming. Temps have declined over the last 10 years.

Science and Religion seem to be coming to an agreement.

Climate Change: Consensus

Perhaps recalling the parts of the Bible in which God asks that his followers be good stewards to the Earth, the World Council of Christians, a global coalition of 345 churches moved to no longer invest in oil, gas, or coal companies and urged their members to follow their lead.

Sandwiched in between other administrative and organizational decisions about how to go forward, the WCC tackled the organization’s responsibility to the environment.

“The committee discussed the ethical investment criteria, and considered that the list of sectors in which the WCC does not invest should be extended to include fossil fuels.”

The move is the biggest one yet by Christian groups attempting to reconcile the damages that climate change is causing with their beliefs to serve the planet well.

In a statement sent from its meeting in Geneva, the group strongly condemned the rampent burning of fossil fuels and its effects on the environment:

“The World Council of Churches reminds us that morality demands thinking as much about the future as about ourselves–and that there’s no threat to the future greater than the unchecked burning of fossil fuels,” said Bill McKibben, the founder of 350.org, a global climate campaign that is supporting the divestment effort. “This is a remarkable moment for the 590 million Christians in its member denominations: a huge percentage of humanity says today ‘this far and no further.’”

This isn’t from a fringe group either, the WCC includes many of the biggest churches in the world. The 25 million-member Church of England and the 48 million-member Ethiopian Orthadox Tewahedo Church count themselves as members of the umbrella Christian coalition group.
? Group Representing Half A Billion Christians Will No Longer Invest In Fossil Fuel Companies

Most of those Christians have never heard of the WCC, but thanks for showing how gullible you are by conflating a decision made by a board with millions of people. Does that mean that SCOTUS spoke for you on Hobby Lobby?

Forum List

Back