🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Half of US guns are owned by 3% of the public

While there are an estimated 55 million American gun owners, most own an average of just three firearms, and nearly half own just one or two, according to the survey results.

Then there are America’s gun super-owners – an estimated 7.7 million Americans who own between eight and 140 guns.

You do realize that guns have different purposes right?

They do?

So I guess that supports the claim of multiple guns with fewer owners

So what?
You're trying to make it sound like the only reason anyone would own multiple firearms is because they're a gun nut.
Your whole premise is false from the get go.

The premise is that a large percentage of guns is in the hands of a few owners

From a leftwing site with opinions like these:

Comment, opinion and discussion from the Guardian US | The Guardian

Dismissed.

"The new survey, conducted in 2015 by public health researchers from Harvard and Northeastern universities"

Sorry........not true......it has not been peer reviewed.......they are simply responding to the Pew research.......you know....an actual research organization....

Simple question

How many guns do you own?

I am not telling you the same way I will not tell my Doctor or an anonymous phone caller.....that is why this research is fundamentally flawed.....

Afraid to admit you are in the 3% aren't you?

While there are an estimated 55 million American gun owners, most own an average of just three firearms, and nearly half own just one or two, according to the survey results.

Then there are America’s gun super-owners – an estimated 7.7 million Americans who own between eight and 140 guns.

They do?

So what?
You're trying to make it sound like the only reason anyone would own multiple firearms is because they're a gun nut.

And that is not accurate.

Dismissed.

"The new survey, conducted in 2015 by public health researchers from Harvard and Northeastern universities"

Sorry........not true......it has not been peer reviewed.......they are simply responding to the Pew research.......you know....an actual research organization....

Simple question

I am not telling you the same way I will not tell my Doctor or an anonymous phone caller.....that is why this research is fundamentally flawed.....

No one needs to know how many guns anyone owns.......that is why you guys want gun registration......you need to know how many and who has them when you pass laws that deny access to them....

And the fundemental tenet of the anti gunners is a lie.....more guns does not equal more crime...

200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s......357 million guns in 2016....and the gun murder rate went down 49%.

There are many well known exceptions to your claim.

No.....those are the facts....200 million in the 1990s.....357 million in 2016...and the gun murder rate went down 49% and the violent crime rate also went down, in general.....fact.

You couldn't be more wrong. The violent crime rate went down because than president Clinton put a shitload of cops on the streets who in turn locked up and or shot & killed the bad guys in sufficient numbers that brought about the reduction in crime, that you falsely claim large numbers of guns in the hands of idiots brought about.

Just saying

Last edited:
Gun inequality: US study charts rise of hardcore super owners

Americans own an estimated 265m guns, more than one gun for every American adult, according to the most definitive portrait of US gun ownership in two decades. But the new survey estimates that 133m of these guns are concentrated in the hands of just 3% of American adults – a group of super-owners who have amassed an average of 17 guns each.

These are the gun owners who horde guns and ammunition to feel "safe"
Yep. Fucking crazy, dangerous bastards,

They do?

So what?

So what?

And the fundemental tenet of the anti gunners is a lie.....more guns does not equal more crime...

200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s......357 million guns in 2016....and the gun murder rate went down 49%.

There are many well known exceptions to your claim.

No.....those are the facts....200 million in the 1990s.....357 million in 2016...and the gun murder rate went down 49% and the violent crime rate also went down, in general.....fact.

You couldn't be more wrong. The violent crime rate went down because than president Clinton put a shitload of cops on the streets who in turn locked up and or shot & killed the bad guys in sufficient numbers that brought about the reduction in crime.

Just saying

Wrong......but it doesn't matter for the point asswipe.......

The primary belief, the motivating belief of the anti gun movement is that if more law abiding Americans have guns and carry them, there will be more violent crime and murder...

And that is wrong........that is a lie.....it is not backed up by any statistic or fact....the basic premise of the anti gun movement is not true.....

The actual fact that there were 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and about 1.2 million concealed carriers...and that there are now 357 million guns in private hands and 14.5 million concealed carriers.......and the gun murder rate dropped 49%......and the violent crime rate dropped......shows that nothing the anti gunners believe is true..........

And actual research shows that more armed people lowers the crime rate.....

Locking up violent criminals is the best way to do it...but arming law abiding people also helps.....actual research shows this......

And of course I and other 2nd Amendment supporters support long prison sentences for actual gun criminals.....too bad the democrats and the anti gunners do not....

No chance one might have different firearms for different purposes?

No way a guy could have several shotguns for different types of waterfoul and upland game. No way he might have two or three rifles just for hunting varmints at different distances. Impossible a hunter might also have a few deer and hog rifles as well, for different types of terrain. And there's just no way that same guy might enjoy the extended hunting season that a black powder rifle offers. Could that same guy have a .22 for small game? No way, he's just a hoarder! Of course, it's impossible that same guy might have target-only firearms or participate in marksmanship competitions, some of which utilize three different firearms in one tournament. And good lord, there is no way he could participate in more than one type of competitor, each which utilizes different purpose-built firearms. No way! If that guy also happened to inherit several firearms from his grandfather, that he treasures as heirlooms, well, that would probably make him a racist...somehow. Could he also have one or two firearms for self defense in his home, and maybe a pistol he uses for conceal carry? Of course not, couldn't be. And lastly, there is absolutely no way that same household might have have a wife with a self defense firearm, because as we all know, gun control is about giving a 120lb woman the right to fistfight a 250lb rapist. That's only fair.

No, all of that is impossible! The only reason someone has more than one firearm is because he's a paranoid gun nut and a hoarder. Clearly.

Well, I see no reason why anyone should have more than one car. It makes no sense that someone might want a four wheel drive for bad weather and going off road, another more fuel efficient car for commuting to work, and yet other family truckster for hauling the wife and kids.

No, those multi car owners are nothing more than paranoid hoarders too.

Logic fails the collectivist meddler once again..
LMAO So somebody owns 50 or 100 guns for different purposes? Right. LOL

Gun inequality: US study charts rise of hardcore super owners

Americans own an estimated 265m guns, more than one gun for every American adult, according to the most definitive portrait of US gun ownership in two decades. But the new survey estimates that 133m of these guns are concentrated in the hands of just 3% of American adults – a group of super-owners who have amassed an average of 17 guns each.

Yep. Fucking crazy, dangerous bastards,

And yet those gun owners who own a lot of guns and ammo.....are not the ones murdering people in the thousands in democrat controlled voting districts...so once again...you guys focus on everything except for the actual problem.........

you need to focus on democrats in democrat voting districts who are shooting each other in large numbers....not gun collectors who shoot no one....

Dismissed.

Simple question

no I would not be afraid, why should I?

No way a guy could have several shotguns for different types of waterfoul and upland game. No way he might have two or three rifles just for hunting varmints at different distances. Impossible a hunter might also have a few deer and hog rifles as well, for different types of terrain. And there's just no way that same guy might enjoy the extended hunting season that a black powder rifle offers. Could that same guy have a .22 for small game? No way, he's just a hoarder! Of course, it's impossible that same guy might have target-only firearms or participate in marksmanship competitions, some of which utilize three different firearms in one tournament. And good lord, there is no way he could participate in more than one type of competitor, each which utilizes different purpose-built firearms. No way! If that guy also happened to inherit several firearms from his grandfather, that he treasures as heirlooms, well, that would probably make him a racist...somehow. Could he also have one or two firearms for self defense in his home, and maybe a pistol he uses for conceal carry? Of course not, couldn't be. And lastly, there is absolutely no way that same household might have have a wife with a self defense firearm, because as we all know, gun control is about giving a 120lb woman the right to fistfight a 250lb rapist. That's only fair.

No, all of that is impossible! The only reason someone has more than one firearm is because he's a paranoid gun nut and a hoarder. Clearly.

Well, I see no reason why anyone should have more than one car. It makes no sense that someone might want a four wheel drive for bad weather and going off road, another more fuel efficient car for commuting to work, and yet other family truckster for hauling the wife and kids.

Easily done.........especially if you are a collector....how many cars does Jay Leno have?

They do?

So what?

And that is not accurate.

Is it?

How many guns does the average gun owner own?

Do you know any that own more than ten guns?

Easily done.........especially if you are a collector....how many cars does Jay Leno have?

Good point ...which supports the 3% number

Simple question

Good to hear

Simple question

Good to hear

I ask you question, answer that and I will answer you

Simple question

Good to hear

Yes...the fascist gun grabber wants to know how many guns you own......

Simple question

Good to hear

I ask you question, answer that and I will answer you

Why should you be afraid?
You shouldn't. This is an anonymous message board. Only cowards like 2aguy are afraid

Simple question

Good to hear

Yes...the fascist gun grabber wants to know how many guns you own......

You are aware this is an anonymous message board aren't you?

Afraid to admit that the 3% number is accurate

Forum List

Back