Half of US guns are owned by 3% of the public

And the fundemental tenet of the anti gunners is a lie.....more guns does not equal more crime...

200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s......357 million guns in 2016....and the gun murder rate went down 49%.

There are many well known exceptions to your claim.

No.....those are the facts....200 million in the 1990s.....357 million in 2016...and the gun murder rate went down 49% and the violent crime rate also went down, in general.....fact.

You couldn't be more wrong. The violent crime rate went down because than president Clinton put a shitload of cops on the streets who in turn locked up and or shot & killed the bad guys in sufficient numbers that brought about the reduction in crime.

Just saying

Wrong......but it doesn't matter for the point asswipe.......

The primary belief, the motivating belief of the anti gun movement is that if more law abiding Americans have guns and carry them, there will be more violent crime and murder...

And that is wrong........that is a lie.....it is not backed up by any statistic or fact....the basic premise of the anti gun movement is not true.....

The actual fact that there were 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and about 1.2 million concealed carriers...and that there are now 357 million guns in private hands and 14.5 million concealed carriers.......and the gun murder rate dropped 49%......and the violent crime rate dropped......shows that nothing the anti gunners believe is true..........

And actual research shows that more armed people lowers the crime rate.....

Locking up violent criminals is the best way to do it...but arming law abiding people also helps.....actual research shows this......

And of course I and other 2nd Amendment supporters support long prison sentences for actual gun criminals.....too bad the democrats and the anti gunners do not....

Your beliefs have nothing to do with the reduction in crime that was brought about as a result of the Clinton administration flooding our streets with cops.

I am not telling you the same way I will not tell my Doctor or an anonymous phone caller.....that is why this research is fundamentally flawed.....

Afraid to admit you are in the 3% aren't you?

no I would not be afraid, why should I?

Good to hear

How many guns do you own?

Yes...the fascist gun grabber wants to know how many guns you own......

You are aware this is an anonymous message board aren't you?

Afraid to admit that the 3% number is accurate

It isn't accurate, and the research is not even peer reviewed yet.......and it is done by gun grabbers......no thanks......I like actual research.

Simple question

I am not telling you the same way I will not tell my Doctor or an anonymous phone caller.....that is why this research is fundamentally flawed.....

Good to hear

It's a fair question, a fascist would insert a prob into your brain to get the answer (see efforts to do a similar procedure on a women's body who seek an abortion. Which side of the aisle supports such and intrusion? Answer, Yours).

Are you embarrassed by your fetish and thus don't want to admit you own more than a sane person needs?

And the fundemental tenet of the anti gunners is a lie.....more guns does not equal more crime...

200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s......357 million guns in 2016....and the gun murder rate went down 49%.

No.....those are the facts....200 million in the 1990s.....357 million in 2016...and the gun murder rate went down 49% and the violent crime rate also went down, in general.....fact.

You couldn't be more wrong. The violent crime rate went down because than president Clinton put a shitload of cops on the streets who in turn locked up and or shot & killed the bad guys in sufficient numbers that brought about the reduction in crime.

Just saying

The primary belief, the motivating belief of the anti gun movement is that if more law abiding Americans have guns and carry them, there will be more violent crime and murder...

And that is wrong........that is a lie.....it is not backed up by any statistic or fact....the basic premise of the anti gun movement is not true.....

The actual fact that there were 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and about 1.2 million concealed carriers...and that there are now 357 million guns in private hands and 14.5 million concealed carriers.......and the gun murder rate dropped 49%......and the violent crime rate dropped......shows that nothing the anti gunners believe is true..........

Locking up violent criminals is the best way to do it...but arming law abiding people also helps.....actual research shows this......

And of course I and other 2nd Amendment supporters support long prison sentences for actual gun criminals.....too bad the democrats and the anti gunners do not....

Your beliefs have nothing to do with the reduction in crime that was brought about as a result of the Clinton administration flooding our streets with cops.

It isn't a belief...it is a fact. Clinton did not flood the streets with cops....that is another lie...

Just saying

Crime has been reduced because the "crack wars" during the 90s ended

So what?

from the article:

"This kind of concentrated ownership isn’t unique to guns, firearms researchers noted. Marketing experts suggest that the most devoted 20% consumers will typically account for 80% of a product’s sales."

Consumers of a product are acting like consumers.

Good to hear

I ask you question, answer that and I will answer you

Why should you be afraid?
You shouldn't. This is an anonymous message board. Only cowards like 2aguy are afraid
You shouldn't. This is an anonymous message board. Only cowards like 2aguy are afraid
Why are liberals so afraid of Law Abiding Citizens who one more than 1 weapon? Seems to me the only chicken shits are those who have to rely on the government to take care of them.

when-seconds-count.jpg

Half the guns are owned by 3% of the population?

Lets look at the numbers

Half of 300 million guns is 150 million guns
3% of 330 million people is 10 million people

150 million guns owned by 10 million people is an average of 15 guns

I know quite a few people that own 15 or more guns. Many of them post on this board

Good to hear

I ask you question, answer that and I will answer you

Why should you be afraid?
Why are liberals so afraid of Law Abiding Citizens who one more than 1 weapon? Seems to me the only chicken shits are those who have to rely on the government to take care of them.

View attachment 90505

I am merely commenting on the uneven distribution of guns in this country

Just saying

It isn't a belief...it is a fact. Clinton did not flood the streets with cops....that is another lie...

You can ignore the obvious all you want. But that won't change the facts.

Good to hear

So why doesn't Obama, you know the president for the past 7 3/4 years do something about the weapon inequality that is being forced upon the poor people. He did run on Hope and Change, how is that working out for you, if you aren't in that 3%? Are you jealous or something?

From a leftwing site with opinions like these:

Comment, opinion and discussion from the Guardian US | The Guardian

Dismissed.

"The new survey, conducted in 2015 by public health researchers from Harvard and Northeastern universities"

Sorry........not true......it has not been peer reviewed.......they are simply responding to the Pew research.......you know....an actual research organization....

Simple question

Simple answer:

None of your fucking business

Just saying

Crime has been reduced because the "crack wars" during the 90s ended

And it was the cops that Clinton put on the streets that ended the crack wars.

Although I think the wide scale introduction of meth, a much cheaper, and far more powerful illegal drug also helped to put crack out out of business.

While there are an estimated 55 million American gun owners, most own an average of just three firearms, and nearly half own just one or two, according to the survey results.

Then there are America’s gun super-owners – an estimated 7.7 million Americans who own between eight and 140 guns.

You do realize that guns have different purposes right?

They do?

So I guess that supports the claim of multiple guns with fewer owners

So what?
You're trying to make it sound like the only reason anyone would own multiple firearms is because they're a gun nut.
Your whole premise is false from the get go.

The premise is that a large percentage of guns is in the hands of a few owners
The premise that can't be corroborated

Good to hear

So why doesn't Obama, you know the president for the past 7 3/4 years do something about the weapon inequality that is being forced upon the poor people. He did run on Hope and Change, how is that working out for you, if you aren't in that 3%? Are you jealous or something?

c35.gif

Right over your head

The point is that 300 million guns in a population of 330 million does not equate to most Americans are armed

Good to hear

c35.gif

Right over your head

The point is that 300 million guns in a population of 330 million does not equate to most Americans are armed

Duh only people over 21 are allowed to buy guns legally

Good to hear

c35.gif

Right over your head

I just asked you a question about YOUR president who has been in office for over 7 3/4 years , and like a spoiled little liberal, refuse to answer? Obama has been by executive order fundamentally transforming America, why doesn't he redistribute the weapons to the poor? Or are you going to insult again?

Gun inequality: US study charts rise of hardcore super owners

Americans own an estimated 265m guns, more than one gun for every American adult, according to the most definitive portrait of US gun ownership in two decades. But the new survey estimates that 133m of these guns are concentrated in the hands of just 3% of American adults – a group of super-owners who have amassed an average of 17 guns each.

These are the gun owners who horde guns and ammunition to feel "safe"
That is because 1% of the wealth is owned by most of the liberal elites who have to have armed guards to protect them. Funny how that works.

What a ridiculous claim
Donald Trump calls out Clinton over armed Secret Service protection
Donald Trump calls out Clinton over armed Secret Service protection
Do billionaires like Bill Gates have bodyguards? - Quora
Yes, billionaires have bodyguards. For example, Warren Buffett has a security detail that protects him:
Just like what Trump said about HRC, she wants the peon US citizen to give up their guns, but she is a liberal elite so is much better than you and I , therefore must have an army of fully automatic weapons at her disposal.

You do realize that Trumps complaint about Hillary's Secret Service protection does not help his cause

Secret Service is composed of firearms in the hands of highly trained and certified agents.

Is Trump proposing the same standard for the general public?
Further proof that Trump is an idiot - not that more proof was needed, of course.

Forum List

Back