Hank Williams Jr, oops

why is it some people seem utterly unable to separate the political opinion espoused by some performers, from the 'performance' of said performers?

I could give two shits less what Natalie Maines said about Bush. I never stopped liking the Dixie Chicks music because of it. I could give two shits less what Hank said about Obama. I never stopped liking his music either.

If you cannot separate the persons music from the persons political beliefs, then perhaps you're too into the whole political things and you need to step back a little.

The difference between hank and maimes is Hank was asked maimes wasn't

And that Maines said they were embarassed for Bush, while Hank compared Obama to Hitler.

Stay with the truth, bigrebnc. All of it, huh?

50273_159980117358672_251479_n.jpg
Here's to Hank !

Last edited:
why is it some people seem utterly unable to separate the political opinion espoused by some performers, from the 'performance' of said performers?

I could give two shits less what Natalie Maines said about Bush. I never stopped liking the Dixie Chicks music because of it. I could give two shits less what Hank said about Obama. I never stopped liking his music either.

If you cannot separate the persons music from the persons political beliefs, then perhaps you're too into the whole political things and you need to step back a little.

And that Maines said they were embarassed for Bush, while Hank compared Obama to Hitler.

No one asked Mines for her opinion Someone asked Hank had you whether he lie

Why does that matter? people, IMHO, need to learn to separate someones politics from the rest of that person.

A good example is James Carville. I believe his wife is of the opposite political party, isn't she? If someone with as strong an opinion about their politics as Carville can love and marry someone who is the exact opposite of him politically, he must have learned to separate the two areas of his life.

So Hank says Boehner is Hitler and democrats get upset.

Strange times....

He also said Obama was the enemy.

So Hank thinks Hitler is the good guy?

Good times..good times. :thup:

"It would be like Hitler playing golf with Netanyahu"

Maybe he thinks Netanyahu is the good guy?

I mean, he didn't say who was who there in the quote. Therefore the only valid conclusion is that he was comparing polar opposites appearing to be buddy-buddy for the cameras and how ludicrous it was, and not that he was comparing Obama to Hitler or Netanyahu to Hitler.

;)
He did say Obama was the enemy, though.

His "apology" was bullshit, too. Now he's trying to say he said it because of the starving children.

LMAO

The guy is an asshole. Who cares if ESPN decides they don't need an asshole singing for them.

Are you hypocrites still whinging about obie doodle being compared to Hitler...? Really? for sure??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5xjIFvLubw&feature=related]Bush Hitler vs Obama Hitler - YouTube[/ame]

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You may be ready for football, but ESPN is not ready to let Hank Williams Jr. open tonight’s game after his incendiary comment about President Obama on Fox News.
The country singer criticized the president’s recent “golf summit” with Republican House Speaker John Boehner. The singer told Fox & Friends that the meeting “would be like Hitler playing golf with [Israeli leader] Benjamin Netanyahu.”

Where'd his freedom of speech go?

Hank Williams Jr. pulled from ESPN after comparing Obama to Hitler | Inside TV | EW.com

Apparently the same place the Dixie Chicks' did.

Would Herman Cain tell him it's his fault he got fired?

You may be ready for football, but ESPN is not ready to let Hank Williams Jr. open tonight’s game after his incendiary comment about President Obama on Fox News.
The country singer criticized the president’s recent “golf summit” with Republican House Speaker John Boehner. The singer told Fox & Friends that the meeting “would be like Hitler playing golf with [Israeli leader] Benjamin Netanyahu.”

Hank Williams Jr. pulled from ESPN after comparing Obama to Hitler | Inside TV | EW.com

Good one.

No one asked Mines for her opinion Someone asked Hank had you whether he lie

So, people are only free to express an opinion if they are asked first?

Didn't say that either
Maines was openly blantant about it no one asked her she was arrogantly agressive Now if someone had asked her what her opinion was it would be a little different.

Only if Rush Limbaugh says he can.

It wasn't "what" Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks said that got her into trouble with country music folks. It was "where" she said it. Country folks look down on someone airing dirty laundry with complete strangers. If you're going to diss the President, you have every right to do so. But do it here.

Hank is a legend and although I can take or leave his music, at least he didn't go to England and tell them that he hated Obama.

The subtlety of difference between the two naturally leaves some questioning why one was ostracized and the other will sell more records.

Don't tell me Hank is a racist either. Since the left has been calling everyone a racist for the past three years, my "give a shit" is broke.

If it weren't for his dead father's name, Hank Williams Jr. would be in out in the sticks in the land of the inbred,

running a junkyard, or a meth lab, or both.

Forum List

Back