Hank Williams Jr, oops

If it weren't for his dead father's name, Hank Williams Jr. would be in out in the sticks in the land of the inbred,

running a junkyard, or a meth lab, or both.

Oh, cmon now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5pwpHuCylc]Hank williams jr. all my rowdy friends are coming over tonight. - YouTube[/ame]

It wasn't "what" Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks said that got her into trouble with country music folks. It was "where" she said it. Country folks look down on someone airing dirty laundry with complete strangers. If you're going to diss the President, you have every right to do so. But do it here.

Hank is a legend and although I can take or leave his music, at least he didn't go to England and tell them that he hated Obama.

The subtlety of difference between the two naturally leaves some questioning why one was ostracized and the other will sell more records.

Don't tell me Hank is a racist either. Since the left has been calling everyone a racist for the past three years, my "give a shit" is broke.

So saying you are ashamed Bush is from Texas in front of a few thousand Brits is bad, but comparing President Obama with Hitler on National TV (which IS seen in other countries) is hunky dory. Interesting...

No one asked Mines for her opinion Someone asked Hank had you whether he lie

So, people are only free to express an opinion if they are asked first?

Didn't say that either
Maines was openly blantant about it no one asked her she was arrogantly agressive Now if someone had asked her what her opinion was it would be a little different.

You're whining that no one asked her, implying she shouldn't have offered her opinion... yet in the same breath claiming that's not what you're saying.... then implying it again.

Are you high?

So, people are only free to express an opinion if they are asked first?

Didn't say that either
Maines was openly blantant about it no one asked her she was arrogantly agressive Now if someone had asked her what her opinion was it would be a little different.

You're whining that no one asked her, implying she shouldn't have offered her opinion... yet in the same breath claiming that's not what you're saying.... then implying it again.

Are you high?

I'm not whinning either way, I'm not whinning that hank got the can
So tell another lie.

No one asked her what her opinion was of bush yes or no?

If it weren't for his dead father's name, Hank Williams Jr. would be in out in the sticks in the land of the inbred,

running a junkyard, or a meth lab, or both.

I'm beginning to think the only inbreds are liberals because nobody with common sense would think the way a liberal does.

The Dixie Chicks gained a whiole new audience after making their thoughtful and accurate comments. They won several Grammy's after the controversy and Hank is no where near as popular.

They took a hit with the music community. Took several years for the comeback.

Hank hasn't been all that popular for years, he's an old man.

Didn't say that either

Are you high?

So tell another lie.

whether or not either of them was actually asked their opinion is immaterial.

Are you high?

So tell another lie.

Here's a hint he was on FOX they asked him his opinion if you don't want to hear it turn it off.

This makes my day to see ESPN fire this white Tea-Tard redneck! I'm sure many black players and viewers are also rejoicing. Now, hire the Dixie Chicks for the intro to MNF. Praise Gawd.

It's funny how the libs seem to forget when they compared Bush to Hitler, carried signs with swatikas at protests. I can remember the term Satan being thrown around...so where was the outrage then. You libs are a bunch of twisted hypocrits with short memories. Pathetic.

It's funny how the libs seem to forget when they compared Bush to Hitler, carried signs with swatikas at protests. I can remember the term Satan being thrown around...so where was the outrage then. You libs are a bunch of twisted hypocrits with short memories. Pathetic.

that's why they need folks to take care of them. they brains are shriveled with shit.

hank-hitler_golf.gif

Where'd his freedom of speech go?

Hank Williams Jr. pulled from ESPN after comparing Obama to Hitler | Inside TV | EW.com

Apparently the same place the Dixie Chicks' did.

He is as free as anyone, event he Dixie Chicks, to speak. But the public is just as free not to patronize his wares.
He was pulled not by the public but by partisans at ESPN who deliberately or ignorantly misconstrued his statement.

Yes, ESPN is a private entity with a right to hire/fire whomever they want to in their employ by the rules. That said, ESPN goes on to prove what a bunch of liberal hacks they are once more.

Hank Williams Jr. out on Monday Night Football - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Rumor has it they are going to replace him with Van Jones. :eusa_shhh: /jokemode off

Immie

I think they should ask Joe Biden to join him so the two can get to know each other a little better! LOL!!!

The Dixie Chicks gained a whiole new audience after making their thoughtful and accurate comments. They won several Grammy's after the controversy and Hank is no where near as popular.

They took a hit with the music community. Took several years for the comeback.

Hank hasn't been all that popular for years, he's an old man.

They've come back?

I have not heard one of their songs in years and if I don't hear another one for a hundred years it will be too soon.

Immie

So tell another lie.

Here's a hint he was on FOX they asked him his opinion if you don't want to hear it turn it off.

I think you misunderstand my position on this. Not overly surprising, given your apparent lack of mental acumen.

I FULLY SUPPORT Hank's right to say whatever the fuck he wants... as I did with Natalie Maines when she made her comments. Unlike most people here, I can separate their political comments from their performance onstage or on my radio.

My argument is with your implication (repeatedly now) that because Maines was not 'asked' for her opinion, she should not have given it... and with your later denial of that implication.

The fact Hank 'was asked', and Maines 'was not asked', means nothing. They both have every right to their opinions, and are free to espouse them whenever, and wherever they so choose.

I sincerely hope that explanation was not too taxing on the apparently small number of functioning brain cells you have left.

Forum List

Back